To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is complete nonsense. 

You watch the game?  What do you call checking it down on 3 straight 3rd and longs when your down by 14 than 21 than 28?  3 straight 3 and outs.  Either he was confused by a basic coverage, which was used three staight possessions, or you know the game is lost and dont was to throw an INT because you dont want to effect your stat line IE give up.  

Edited by Mat68

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

Lets not forget WHO kept calling those pass plays!!

Dennison hung that poor kid out to dry.

Third and 10 you can not call a screeen or draw every time.   Im not protecting Peterman's poor performance. Your an NFL qb you are going to need to perform like one regardless of draft status. 

Just now, Mat68 said:

You watch the game?  What do you call checking it down on 3 straight 3rd and longs when tour down by 14 than 21 than 28?  3 straight 3 and outs.  Either he was confused by a basic coverage, which was used three staight possessions, or you know the game is lost and dont was to throw an INT because you dont want to effect your stat line IE give up.  

That has nothing to do with little interest or effort.  No one who knows anyhthing would say that about Taylor.  Bad reads or not taking enough chances I can buy, but not what you asserted. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I used to feel the same way but looking at recent history it seems like teams these days are far more willing to wheel and deal in the first round of the draft.

In the first, perhaps, but not, IMO in the top 2.

Think about what had to happen for the Titans and Browns to trade down.  Titans already felt like they had the QB of the future on the roster.  The Browns are run by idiots.  

Now do the Browns trade out of #1 again this year?  I doubt it, Haslam will make them take a QB.  That makes #2 the target.  And we have to beat offers from other teams, as well as hope we have a team willing to dance with us.

Lots of moving parts.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s fair too. That’s why the Jimmy G trade could be a blessing for us. The Bears and 49ers are targets. 

Agreed.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That has nothing to do with little interest or effort.  No one who knows anyhthing would say that about Taylor.  Bad reads or not taking enough chances I can buy, but not what you asserted. 

It was a terrible performance and I 100% question the effort of all 53 guys.  Taylor is the unquestioned leader and as leader he is in part responsible for his own effort and the teams overall.  Both were questionable at best and the result was dreadful.  His benching after that game to me is justified.  You can agree or disagree thats fine.  The thread wanted to hear from someone who thought Peterman should start.  I am saying I was ok with anyone starting in LA that wasn't Tyrod.  Peterman was just the next guy up.  I own a Taylor jersey, I think he still has the ablity to lead the team but that game wont get it done and wont keep you on the team.  

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

It was a terrible performance and I 100% question the effort of all 53 guys.  Taylor is the unquestioned leader and as leader he is in part responsible for his own effort and the teams overall.  Both were questionable at best and the result was dreadful.  His benching after that game to me is justified.  You can agree or disagree thats fine.  The thread wanted to hear from someone who thought Peterman should start.  I am saying I was ok with anyone starting in LA that wasn't Tyrod.  Peterman was just the next guy up.  I own a Taylor jersey, I think he still has the ablity to lead the team but that game wont get it done and wont keep you on the team.  

Taylor is among the leadership group on the team and the defense was even more of a horror show against NO with leaders like Kyle Williams and Lorenzo Alexander showing even worse than the QB. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Taylor is among the leadership group on the team and the defense was even more of a horror show against NO with leaders like Kyle Williams and Lorenzo Alexander showing even worse than the QB. 

The offense equivalent for only stopping them once and that is turnover in the redzone to me would be picking up 1 first down and scoring 3 points.  Just so happens Taylor got both of those things on the first drive of the game.  We are splitting hairs.  The team played poor.  The offense played just as poor as the defense.  

Just now, Mat68 said:

The offense equivalent for only stopping them once and that is turnover in the redzone to me would be picking up 1 first down and scoring 3 points.  Just so happens Taylor got both of those things on the first drive of the game.  We are splitting hairs.  The team played poor.  The offense played just as poor as the defense.  

It was an all around crap fest for certain on that much we can agree. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Look at how the Eagles and Rams have turned it around this year. Neither one required a recent tank. They both traded up to go and get their franchise QB. Then they made some key free agent and coaching acquisitions. 

You don't have to tank to get better.

When was the last time Pittsburgh tanked? They went to the SB with Niel O'Donnell for crying out loud.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

I know but I think there are several teams who bottomed out and got a non-QB talent infusion and that worked out as well.

I still contend it worked for the Colts. 

2 of the best QBs were drafted in the 3rd and 6th rounds.   Brees on the second.

My point is there are as many ways to find a QB as there are ways to skin a cat.  The hard part is picking the right one when you have the chance, ie Russell Wilson, Watson, Drew Brees etc.

It would've worked for a team like the moronic Browns if they actually drafted Wentz.

If you're going to talk about trading up for a QB versus tanking to get one, you have to include RG3 and his ilk in the discussion.  

The Cardinals make a living out of being contenders with "washed up" QBs.  First Kurt Warner and then Carson Palmer.

19 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

When was the last time Pittsburgh tanked? They went to the SB with Niel O'Donnell for crying out loud.

2 of the best QBs were drafted in the 3rd and 6th rounds.   Brees on the second.

My point is there are as many ways to find a QB as there are ways to skin a cat.  The hard part is picking the right one when you have the chance, ie Russell Wilson, Watson, Drew Brees etc.

The Cardinals make a living out of being contenders with "washed up" QBs.  First Kurt Warner and then Carson Palmer.

This is literally not true.  You have a way better chance finding a QB in the first round than any other round.

Wilson, Brees and Brady are not and will never be the norm.  They are lottery tickets.  They do not represent any logical strategy to follow.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

This is literally not true.  You have a way better chance finding a QB in the first round than any other round.

Wilson, Brees and Brady are not and will never be the norm.  They are lottery tickets.  They do not represent any logical strategy to follow.

Anyone not drafted in the first round is a lottery ticket?

The Bills had Russell Wilson to our facility a couple of times before the draft. Russell says he thought we the Bills were going to draft him.  That's not a lottery ticket, that's spending your kids college fund on a fast shiny car that will only last a couple years or something. Its just plain dumb. We need to draft smarter.

We could have drafted Watson without tanking or trading up with our own pick.

Do you really trust McDermott and company picking QBs? They thought Nate was ready to play and passed on Watson.  I have serious concerns.

We didn't tank and we ain't tankin' and we ain't gonna tank. 

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

You watch the game?  What do you call checking it down on 3 straight 3rd and longs when your down by 14 than 21 than 28?  3 straight 3 and outs.  Either he was confused by a basic coverage, which was used three staight possessions, or you know the game is lost and dont was to throw an INT because you dont want to effect your stat line IE give up.  

Actually he’s unreasonable when it comes to TT.   Benching him for a guy he doesn’t like very much must have hurt.  

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The Bills had Russell Wilson to our facility a couple of times before the draft. Russell says he thought we the Bills were going to draft him.  That's not a lottery ticket, that's spending your kids college fund on a fast shiny car that will only last a couple years or something. Its just plain dumb. We need to draft smarter.

Do you really trust McDermott and company picking QBs? They thought Nate was ready to play and passed on Watson.  I have serious concerns.

I trust nobody picking QB's because they are all varying degrees of lottery tickets.  It's just that picks outside the first round actually do approach lotto odds, whereas 1st round QB's have much higher odds of success.

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

At 14-3 he Thomson at the 26 on a 35 yard pass that he dropped.  On third and 2 before half 17-3 Dennison called a draw to Tolbert.  

The second half a 26 yard passed was called back on a holding penalty, clay bobbled and then was intercepted and NO ran 24 straight draw plays!!!!  Yes blame it all on 9-18 & 56 yards.

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

Lets not forget WHO kept calling those pass plays!!

Dennison hung that poor kid out to dry.

No he wanted him to throw for 300 and say "I told you so".

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

And yet in the previous game against the Jets, Taylor played well (and hard) for sixty minutes while much of the team was as flat as a pancake. That included the o-line, which led to TT getting hammered all game. Who was benched after that game? How does that fit with your theory? In the Jets game, McCoy got 25yds at 2.1 yards per carry. Maybe he should have been benched? Yes, McCoy is easily the best running back on the team and is hampered by blocking and scheme, but you don't seem to be the kind of guy who accepts those kinds of excuses. At least not where Taylor is concerned. The bottom line? Taylor played well against the Bucs, Raiders and Jets - had a bad game against the Saints - and then was benched. Meanwhile, the defense is giving-up a league worst 400 yds of offense per game in that stretch, but why quibble over that? The "leadership" thingie for McDermott to do was bench Taylor, right?

Edited by grb

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Brees and Wilson lasted longer then they should have for one reason (maybe two for Wilson) because they were short.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Dennison coaching Watson.  That would have been a disaster.

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

At 14-3 he Thomson at the 26 on a 35 yard pass that he dropped.  On third and 2 before half 17-3 Dennison called a draw to Tolbert.  

The second half a 26 yard passed was called back on a holding penalty, clay bobbled and then was intercepted and NO ran 24 straight draw plays!!!!  Yes blame it all on 9-18 & 56 yards.

No he wanted him to throw for 300 and say "I told you so".

...pretty effin pathetic to see a rook who went through minis, OTA's, TC ,pre-season and some scant mop up duty in regular season get roasted like this after ONE disastrous start....the pigeon dropping stained WELCOME MAT is rolled out for any kid daring to come here....and Darnold is worried about going to Cleveland....come here Sam, the droppings are fresher......the keyboard yipsters await....good Lord......

• Like (+1) 1