Penis in the sky

Cripple Creek

I once mowed "Go Sabres"' in the lower lawn @ work in June of 1999.  Under a ChiMidway East-West flight pattern.

The locals here thought it was a d*ck move too... Such BFLo haters!

This past summer somebody tagged the neighbor down the street's garage door with a giant penis.  I'd post,  but it is obscene.

At least I am not the biggest Richard on the street! :D

30 minutes ago, 1billsnut said:

I was at the base on Whidbey Island when this happened.  According to one of the Senior Chief's of that squadron, those guys will probably never fly again.  Looks like they just dicked up their career.

A senior chief is not going to have any say in that decision.

They aren't players in such things.

A bullet to the head, career wise, for sure, but not worthy of wing pulling.

It was an electronic warfare squadron airplane.

They are always a bit odd.

Really odd.

27 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Senior Chief won't have a say but they do have ears 

Ya they do, but the normal process to remove wings is to convene a Field Naval Aviation Evaluation Board, made up of Naval Aviators, and that hasn't been done yet.

Awfully silly to throw away over a million dollars + in training, (close to 1.5m if the other individual was an NFO), over something as silly as this.

But....There's a wildcard.

The entire Pacific fleet has been under scrutiny  since the occurrence of these idiotic ship to ship collisions.

Scott Swift, who is now commander of the Pacific Fleet, and was the the odds on favorite to be named PACOM, the head of the entire, (multi-service), military in the Pacific, just announced his retirement as he was told he would not get the PACOM position.

In all probability, because of these collisions.

These high visibility, stupid, though meaningless, mistakes have a way of causing over reactions.

So....Who knows?

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Ya they do, but the normal process to remove wings is to convene a Field Naval Aviation Evaluation Board, made up of Naval Aviators, and that hasn't been done yet.

Awfully silly to throw away over a million dollars + in training, (close to 1.5m if the other individual was an NFO), over something as silly as this.

But....There's a wildcard.

The entire Pacific fleet has been under scrutiny  since the occurrence of these idiotic ship to ship collisions.

Scott Swift, who is now commander of the Pacific Fleet, and was the the odds on favorite to be named PACOM, the head of the entire, (multi-service), military in the Pacific, just announced his retirement as he was told he would not get the PACOM position.

In all probability, because of these collisions.

These high visibility, stupid, though meaningless, mistakes have a way of causing over reactions.

So....Who knows?

Idiotic collisions? 

Or some sort of electronic warfare/cyber attack? 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

Leaving that aside. I don't think it's fair to classify the "collisions" as idiotic when the facts are still being determined. 

I do.

Given the fact that the commanding officers and others have been relieved, I think the facts are in.

Just now, sherpa said:

I do.

Given the fact that the commanding officers and others have been relieved, I think the facts are in.

That alone doesn't tell us anything about the cause. The USN isn't going to advertise there is an enemy out there capable of taking our destroyers offline without firing a shot, doing so would be a truly idiotic blunder I'm sure you would agree. 

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I do.

I'm not sure how much has changed since the early 90s when I was on a ship, but Quartermasters were among the biggest morons on the ship.  And they were the ones "driving the boat."  COs and XOs are figureheads, which is why they take the fall for idiotic blunders such as collisions.