Last year they fired Roman this year they're benching Tyrod

Maine-iac

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Defense isn't getting it done.  Make a change on offense.  Did the same thing last year.  I'm not anti Peterman but I bet it will have as much chance of fixing things as swiching to Lynn did last year.

Roman was fired because he talked **** behind Rex's back and was an "outsider" on the staff. Let's be perfectly clear about that.

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Defense isn't getting it done.  Make a change on offense.  Did the same thing last year.  I'm not anti Peterman but I bet it will have as much chance of fixing things as swiching to Lynn did last year.

Switching to Lynn was window dressing, they kept most of Roman's playbook intact and for good reason. You're comparing that to benching Taylor for Peterman...that's a stretch.

Also, the offense is ranked below the defense using pretty much any stats you like through week 10.

I think they are making a change that will have little effect.  That's my point.  I don't think Peterman or Taylor it will really matter.  I think Dennison is awful.  Peterman might be more of a Dennison QB but even with decent starters at every position I don't think the best Dennison offense would be that good.

24 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

A good QB can make a defense a lot better. We had the top defense in the league through 5 weeks. They don't suck all of a sudden, they're just really gd tired from being on the field all game every week.

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I think they are making a change that will have little effect.  That's my point.  I don't think Peterman or Taylor it will really matter.  I think Dennison is awful.  Peterman might be more of a Dennison QB but even with decent starters at every position I don't think the best Dennison offense would be that good.

you're entitled to think. I think otherwise. I see no connection to the Roman firing and everything to do with taylor not getting the job done.. 

I have questioned Dennison and his play calling as well but the kid just might be the right fit for his offense? 

I have to see what Sunday brings but I'm thinking if the offense can open up the defense will improve some? 

Jury is out

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

A good QB can make a defense a lot better. We had the top defense in the league through 5 weeks. They don't suck all of a sudden, they're just really gd tired from being on the field all game every week.

They are tired from being on the field all game long also because they can never get their own asses off of it.  They were in the top of the league the first 5 weeks because they didn't allow points.  What they did do was let the opponent drive all the way downfield and either get a turnover or force a field goal.  The difference the last two weeks is they didn't get turnovers and were pitiful in the redzone.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

A good QB is NOT going to make better a defense that gives up 300 yards on the ground.  

Just now, Scott7975 said:

They are tired from being on the field all game long also because they can never get their own asses off of it.  They were in the top of the league the first 5 weeks because they didn't allow points.  What they did do was let the opponent drive all the way downfield and either get a turnover or force a field goal.  The difference the last two weeks is they didn't get turnovers and were pitiful in the redzone.

And that's not sustainable. This is a talent bereft defense. If you're expecting them to go out and shut down opposing teams running a cover 2 with a bunch of rookies and journeymen, you're dreaming. The best we can hope for is a D that forces an offense to take a lot of time to move the ball, and tackles well. An improved offense helps that.

To drastically improve your defense you need a bunch of new players, a new scheme and maybe a new coach. To get a drastically better offense/team you just need to throw a better guy under center. It's really that simple.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

A good QB is NOT going to make better a defense that gives up 300 yards on the ground.  

Better offense production rarely presents the opportunity for an opponent to accumulate that yardage. Facts are we possessed the ball 18 to 42 minutes for NO. If we built drives it would not have been possible for them to embarrass us the way they did.

36 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I would say the switch to Lynn worked out last year. Do you remember how bad their offence was the first 2 games of last year?

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're entitled to think. I think otherwise. I see no connection to the Roman firing and everything to do with taylor not getting the job done.. 

I have questioned Dennison and his play calling as well but the kid just might be the right fit for his offense? 

I have to see what Sunday brings but I'm thinking if the offense can open up the defense will improve some? 

Jury is out

I don't see a "connection" to the Roman firing.  I see it as a similarity.  Making a change for changes sake especially given Taylor had played well in the games leading up to N0.  As far as Peterman I do agree with you that he might be a better fit for Dennison.  I just don't, at this point, feel like Dennison will ever have this team scoring points like we were either of the last two seasons with either QB.  I just don't feel like starring down the barrel of two wasted QB's and drafting another to get wasted playing for a mediocre coordinator.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And that's not sustainable. This is a talent bereft defense. If you're expecting them to go out and shut down opposing teams running a cover 2 with a bunch of rookies and journeymen, you're dreaming. The best we can hope for is a D that forces an offense to take a lot of time to move the ball, and tackles well. An improved offense helps that.

To drastically improve your defense you need a bunch of new players, a new scheme and maybe a new coach. To get a drastically better offense/team you just need to throw a better guy under center. It's really that simple.

Better offense production rarely presents the opportunity for an opponent to accumulate that yardage. Facts are we possessed the ball 18 to 42 minutes for NO. If we built drives it would not have been possible for them to embarrass us the way they did.

Not when your defense is giving up 6.2 yards per carry, he doesn't.  

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Id expect them to be able to force a punt or two regardless of how bad an offense is.  Don't change your argument now.  I'm excited to see what Peterman can do and realize that Tyrod has issues... but to put the entire defensive failure, which is essentially what you did, on him is just unfair.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I would say the switch to Lynn worked out last year. Do you remember how bad their offence was the first 2 games of last year?

Did that get us into the playoffs? Was it actually the defense that needed help?  Actually the Bills scored 31 points in the game they fired Roman after.  It was horsecrap and everyone knew it.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Id expect them to be able to force a punt or two regardless of how bad an offense is.  Don't change your argument now.  I'm excited to see what Peterman can do and realize that Tyrod has issues... but to put the entire defensive failure, which is essentially what you did, on him is just unfair.

That's not what i did. I didn't bash Taylor for just last week at NO. I bashed him for 5 wins and 4 losses. It's probably a cold fact that we win last week with very few QBs and no other changes. That said, this Defense gifted Taylor 5 wins this year that he didn't do much of anything to claim for himself. I'll repeat it here: give me one of the top 20 QBs in this league and this team is 8-1. Taylor has been **** all season.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I don't see a "connection" to the Roman firing.  I see it as a similarity.  Making a change for changes sake especially given Taylor had played well in the games leading up to N0.  As far as Peterman I do agree with you that he might be a better fit for Dennison.  I just don't, at this point, feel like Dennison will ever have this team scoring points like we were either of the last two seasons with either QB.  I just don't feel like starring down the barrel of two wasted QB's and drafting another to get wasted playing for a mediocre coordinator.

It's not "a change for changes sake". Taylor lost his job as a result of his poor play. Period.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Did that get us into the playoffs? Was it actually the defense that needed help?  Actually the Bills scored 31 points in the game they fired Roman after.  It was horsecrap and everyone knew it.

31 points- 7 from a defensive TD, 7 in garbage time. So basically 17 real points. Anyone who watched that game knew their offence was terrible. They scored 2 long tds on, one busted coverage by the Jets, and one a 85 yard play from Goodwin. (That was a nice play I will give them that)

And no it didn't get them in the playoffs but that doesn't mean there wasn't an offensive improvement. 

Not getting in the playoffs mayyyyy had something to do with losing to the Dolphins twice and giving up 450 yards combined to Ajayi....

He had 3 games prior to the N0 game with a rating over 96 and threw over 250 yards in 2 out of the 3.  That's without any healthy recievers and the leading pass catcher being signed off the street.  N0 was ugly for everyone but mostly the defense.  If we weren't 5-4 or Taylor had multiple crap games I'd see it.  It does seem like change for changes sake here.  Possibly change for Dennison's sake but I think Dennison is a pedestrian coordinator so I hate to see Taylor get benched only to realize Dennison will never get things going.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

He had 3 games prior to the N0 game with a rating over 96 and threw over 250 yards in 2 out of the 3.  That's without any healthy recievers and the leading pass catcher being signed off the street.  N0 was ugly for everyone but mostly the defense.  If we weren't 5-4 or Taylor had multiple crap games I'd see it.  It does seem like change for changes sake here.  Possibly change for Dennison's sake but I think Dennison is a pedestrian coordinator so I hate to see Taylor get benched only to realize Dennison will never get things going.

No, the Saints debacle wasn't "mostly the defense." It was the worst performance by a Buffalo Bills QB at home in recent history.

20th ranked DYAR. He is what he is - and it's not good enough.

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

The defense sucked you are right.  Regardless of the score the offense still sucked that game too.  The Bills had two drives the entire game. One for a FG and one for a TD.  The other two TDs were an 84 yard pass and a 71 yard pass both on the first 3rd down of the drives.  The other 7 points came from Fitzpatrick.