Last year they fired Roman this year they're benching Tyrod

Maine-iac

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

31 points- 7 from a defensive TD, 7 in garbage time. So basically 17 real points. Anyone who watched that game knew their offence was terrible. They scored 2 long tds on, one busted coverage by the Jets, and one a 85 yard play from Goodwin. (That was a nice play I will give them that)

And no it didn't get them in the playoffs but that doesn't mean there wasn't an offensive improvement. 

Not getting in the playoffs mayyyyy had something to do with losing to the Dolphins twice and giving up 450 yards combined to Ajayi....

There was no "garbage time".  It was 27 - 24 at the end of the 3rd and we were driving in the fourth but lost the ball on downs.  Who threw those long TD's?  How does that not count as offense?  Is the point not to score points?

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's not what i did. I didn't bash Taylor for just last week at NO. I bashed him for 5 wins and 4 losses. It's probably a cold fact that we win last week with very few QBs and no other changes. That said, this Defense gifted Taylor 5 wins this year that he didn't do much of anything to claim for himself. I'll repeat it here: give me one of the top 20 QBs in this league and this team is 8-1. Taylor has been **** all season.

He wasn't **** all season.  He was **** in 3 games.  Not good enough still.  Blaming defense on Tyrod Taylor is ludicrous.  They been getting their asses handed to them all season long. The only difference is they didn't get the turnovers the last two weeks.

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

There was no "garbage time".  It was 27 - 24 at the end of the 3rd and we were driving in the fourth but lost the ball on downs.  Who threw those long TD's?  How does that not count as offense?  Is the point not to score points?

Thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS1MXPxMX28

Fast forward to about 2:52. You were saying there was no garbage time TD?

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

31 points- 7 from a defensive TD, 7 in garbage time. So basically 17 real points. Anyone who watched that game knew their offence was terrible. They scored 2 long tds on, one busted coverage by the Jets, and one a 85 yard play from Goodwin. (That was a nice play I will give them that)

And no it didn't get them in the playoffs but that doesn't mean there wasn't an offensive improvement. 

Not getting in the playoffs mayyyyy had something to do with losing to the Dolphins twice and giving up 450 yards combined to Ajayi....

they just gave up 500 the last two games combined. offense opens up maybe the defense can regroup, create some opportunities. they were bad, both sides of the ball.

what a story it would be if the rookie were to come in and give the team a spark? McD would look like a coach of the year candidate again, clapping

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS1MXPxMX28

Fast forward to about 2:52. You were saying there was no garbage time TD?

Did you miss the part and I'll repeat it for you, where we were driving to go ahead right before that?  If Manuel or McCoy could have made one yard we would have been driving for a go ahead score and that's half way through the 4th qtr.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He wasn't **** all season.  He was **** in 3 games.  Not good enough still.  Blaming defense on Tyrod Taylor is ludicrous.  They been getting their asses handed to them all season long. The only difference is they didn't get the turnovers the last two weeks.

The Bills are ranked 22nd in the league in offensive DVOA, leading the pack of the worst offenses in the league. That's simply not good enough. The good thing is McDermott finally sees it too.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Did you miss the part and I'll repeat it for you, where we were driving to go ahead right before that?  If Manuel or McCoy could have made one yard we would have been driving for a go ahead score and that's half way through the 4th qtr.

But they didn't.  If Oleary and Mathews don't fumble the ball two weeks ago maybe we win the Jets game, but they did.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they just gave up 500 the last two games combined. offense opens up maybe the defense can regroup, create some opportunities. they were bad, both sides of the ball.

what a story it would be if the rookie were to come in and give the team a spark? McD would look like a coach of the year candidate again, clapping

That is definately a hope.  I am actually more pessimistic about Dennison than Peterman.  Peterman may actually bring something.  I think even a well oiled Dennison offense might be good for 23 ppg. 

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Why does that matter?.... My point was, 7 points came from a defensive TD, and the other 7 came from a garbage time TD. That is inarguable

Like i said, 17 real points. And the game before that was what, 7?

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, Scott7975 said:

But they didn't.  If Oleary and Mathews don't fumble the ball two weeks ago maybe we win the Jets game, but they did.

By that time we were already getting destroyed. It should say something that Taylor's unanimous best game as a Bill (seattle) was yet another 4th quarter loss where he couldn't get the job done.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Bills are ranked 22nd in the league in offensive DVOA, leading the pack of the worst offenses in the league. That's simply not good enough. The good thing is McDermott finally sees it too.

I'm not arguing against benching Taylor here.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm arguing that your expecting a complete turnaround for this pathetic defense because of it.  They might look better this week because the Chargers offense hasn't been anywhere near what the Saints offense is, but that doesn't change the fact that outside of turnovers this defense has been bad too.  Taylor has little to do with that.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

All the more reason that the particular changes the made are ridiculous.  Time will tell.  A great chance for Peterman. 

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not arguing against benching Taylor here.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm arguing that your expecting a complete turnaround for this pathetic defense because of it.  They might look better this week because the Chargers offense hasn't been anywhere near what the Saints offense is, but that doesn't change the fact that outside of turnovers this defense has been bad too.  Taylor has little to do with that.

Maybe not. What I can tell you is that it's a virtual guarantee Taylor had no chance to beat NE barring a career worst day from Brady. Now, who knows? I can talk myself into a scenario where we get a couple turnovers and Peterman has a big day.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

The two years pryor they were ranked 10th and 9th .......... it might be on Dennison.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

By that time we were already getting destroyed. It should say something that Taylor's unanimous best game as a Bill (seattle) was yet another 4th quarter loss where he couldn't get the job done.

The score was 10-7 when the first fumble happened.  The score was 24-7 at the second fumble in the third quarter.  We would have had the ball on the Jets 34. We lost the game by 13 points.  Hence... if the two fumbles didn't happen we MAY have won the game.  It wasn't my point anyways.  My point was when something doesn't happen... you cant change history by saying if it did happen then Roman becomes awesome.

I know you're in your Tyrod hate mode so you have to post more Tyrod hate.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The score was 10-7 when the first fumble happened.  The score was 24-7 at the second fumble in the third quarter.  We would have had the ball on the Jets 34. We lost the game by 13 points.  Hence... if the two fumbles didn't happen we MAY have won the game.  It wasn't my point anyways.  My point was when something doesn't happen... you cant change history by saying if it did happen then Roman becomes awesome.

I know you're in your Tyrod hate mode so you have to post more Tyrod hate.

I'm not a Tyrod hater at all. I like him a lot (bought his jersey), just not as my starting QB anymore. I'm more than happy to blame it on how he was coached, but that's neither here nor there. He just isn't good enough and I'm more than happy to provide evidence why to anyone who disagrees. It doesn't seem you're in that camp though, so I'm not sure why this thread is still going.

If there was a world where taylor could stay here the rest of his career as a backup gadget player, I'd love that scenario, but it's not possible.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not a Tyrod hater at all. I like him a lot (bought his jersey), just not as my starting QB anymore. I'm more than happy to blame it on how he was coached, but that's neither here nor there. He just isn't good enough and I'm more than happy to provide evidence why to anyone who disagrees. It doesn't seem you're in that camp though, so I'm not sure why this thread is still going.

If there was a world where taylor could stay here the rest of his career as a backup gadget player, I'd love that scenario, but it's not possible.

I'm not in that camp.  I was in that camp a couple weeks ago.  Even still after the Jets game that I don't believe Taylor played all that bad in.  The Saints game changed my attitude.  The performance was just that bad.  I'm hoping Nate can do better.  I just don't think it will fix the defense nor do I think Roman was that good.  Those are the two arguments I made in this thread.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Maybe not. What I can tell you is that it's a virtual guarantee Taylor had no chance to beat NE barring a career worst day from Brady. Now, who knows? I can talk myself into a scenario where we get a couple turnovers and Peterman has a big day.

The Pats only gave up 25 or more twice last year and we were one of the two teams that did it.  The other game we played them we won but Brady wasn't playing.  With the offense we had last year and a defense we had a chance.  With Dennison I don't know.  Again it really has little to do with Peterman.  I don't think it has much to do with Peterman.  The stuff Andy Reid brought against the Pats ............. you'll never see that from Dennison.