We finally have a coach who isn't settling for mediocre

Steptide

I've been reading alot on social media since it was announced that Peterman will start. Half the people are super excited and the other half think the bills are tanking

I said on Monday that listening to McDermott's press conference infuriated me. Lots of the "we believe in our guys" type answers. But we may finally have a coach who isn't just settling for mediocrity. We've done this song and dance for so long. I absolutely love that the change was made. We are trying to save this season 

This is a good move.  TT is not the answer.  Let's find out if Peterman is.  If not, we know.  NO sense delaying finding out.  

I agree with other posters, lets find a backup RB who is not a FB (Tolbert).  Sad to see J. Williams signing w/ the Saints.  

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've been reading alot on social media since it was announced that Peterman will start. Half the people are super excited and the other half think the bills are tanking

I said on Monday that listening to McDermott's press conference infuriated me. Lots of the "we believe in our guys" type answers. But we may finally have a coach who isn't just settling for mediocrity. We've done this song and dance for so long. I absolutely love that the change was made. We are trying to save this season 

My personal opinion, and that's all it is, is that the Bills looked at the remaining schedule and the talent they have, and have returned back to the "we are in a rebuild" mindset.  Put Peterman in, in a game that is the most winnable except maybe Indy, to see what they have going forward.  If they thought Peterman guaranteed a loss I don't think they would put him in.  So not tanking, but not "trying to save the season" either. More looking to the future.

30 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Just posted a similar thing not knowing you did the same.  Must have missed it on the boards sorry mods, but this new regime has some guts.  They aren't afraid to make moves and I for one find it refreshing.

44 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is exactly right 

Good move. With Dennison's system better suited for a pocket passer, it makes sense to make the switch. Dennison did not design the offense around Taylor's strengths, he built the scheme and left Taylor to either sink or swim in it. It looks like Peterman will have seven games to show what he has, this will go a long way in determining if the Bills need to draft a QB early on in the draft. If the Bills don't have to pony up a ton of picks to move up in the draft because Peterman has shown he has what it takes to be a franchise QB, then it's a huge win. If not, then at least the team knows what they have in Peterman (whether he's starting material or a backup).

This week's game should favor the Bills as there is very limited film on Peterman (preseason and two drives from last week). I'm not saying the Bills are going to win for sure, but there's a good amount of the unknown on Peterman and how he is able to run the Bills offense.

I'm curious to see a few things from Peterman this season, how he looks in these first few games, how he looks when teams have a few weeks of film on him and try to take away what he does best as well as how Peterman handles those defensive adjustments and adjusts himself.

I think it's a great move.  Tyrod threw for 56 yards during the first 56 minutes on Sunday.  When there is a pass rush, he rarely finds anybody downfield, he loses his composure and is ineffective.  If you watch Peterman, when he drops back he appears to have  a purpose and knowledge of where his targets are supposed to be.  It's what you want from a quarterback.  When he drops into the pocket, the idea is to throw a pass to a receiver, and the receiver is supposed to catch the ball.  Congrats to McDermott for having the stones to make the move.  I believe him when he says we're not a 5-4 team.  We're better than that.