11-13: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

20 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Apparently, he didn't watch the Peterman highlight film from yesterday on youtube. 

By highlight reel you mean the video of all his throws, right? I suppose you could call that video a highlight reel which is kind of the point.

13 minutes ago, McBean said:

My approval rating of McDermott has crashed like GE stock the past week and a half.

If he sticks with Tyrod, he’ll be added to the list of HC’s who’ve failed here by sticking with a below average Qb.

I don’t think there is a coach in the league who makes that switch at this point in the season. I’m closer than ever before to thinking it’s inevitable but I understand not wanting to give up on the offense after just 2 bad games in a row. If we see the same against Chargers and Chiefs, Peterman has a good opportunity to start at New Era with the full support of the home crowd.

50 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

It will be the same old bull ****.  Have to be better, the Saints played well, coaches need to be better, players need to be better, trust the process, need to focus on the chargers now, blah blah blah.  It will be more cliche time.

What do you want him to say?  

Did our Oline and Dline line shrink? They looked small and weak. Also, we are now seeing why Humber was in the league for so long and not a starter. Holy crap TWO neutral zone infractions and 500 attempts at tackling a stud RB from the sternum up. You have to take the wheels off a bus to make it stop moving.  

38 minutes ago, McBean said:

My approval rating of McDermott has crashed like GE stock the past week and a half.

If he sticks with Tyrod, he’ll be added to the list of HC’s who’ve failed here by sticking with a below average Qb.

so, you're not saying put the peterman talk to bed then?

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/198291-“tyrod-is-our-starter”/

I am having second thoughts about McD. if taylor starts and stinks the joint up AGAIN in LA, I will lose all respect for this rookie HC.

“I believe in Tyrod.  Tyrod’s our starter,” McDermott reiterated to reporters once again.

McDermott acknowledged that he understands why some fans would be calling for Taylor’s benching and for the team to play rookie Nathan Peterman, but added “I know what Tyrod’s done and I also know what Nate’s done, and Tyrod’s our starter.”

Peterman did enter the game late in the fourth quarter with the Bills trailing 40-3.  He completed 7-of-10 passes for 79 yards, including his first career TD pass in the NFL, a 7-yard toss to tight end Nick O’Leary. 

“Nathan’s a good player,” McDermott said.  “I like what he did yesterday.  I think he did some good things in the game.  I know where they’re coming from, from a fans’ standpoint.”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Please tell me he didn’t say this. Please, I really want to like McD but if this is what he thinks then that’s scary.

It truly is and this team won't be going anywhere with him as the HC.

Remember Doug Whaley (who I was never a fan of) wanted Taylor gone and McD overrided that decision. And all of a sudden with a defense looking worse than Rex Ryan's this guy appears to be in over his head big time.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

While Tyrod was awful yesterday, the defense and offensive line has been just disgusting for two straight games.

I thought Tyrod was the least of their issues in the Jets game.

Your Best Defense is a Good Offense.  

Sustain drives and keep the Defense off of the field.  Occams Razor