U of Tennessee search for a HC is a hot, #rogue mess

YoloinOhio

I bet the cretins at Penn State wish they had Mike McQueary killed.  And no I'm not kidding.

He seems to be the only one that consistently draws their ire and he lost his career as part of this.  And he is the one who blew the whistle.  "Double hearsay" is being thrown around a lot.  Nice using legal jumbo jumbo.  What I'd like to know is why would McQueary just make up crap about Schiano?  To sabotage a job he might get in 5 years?  That makes no sense.

In the mean time everyone at PSU continues to close ranks. Paterno's kid, the "expert reporter", the new trustee who has made it his life's work blah blah blah.  If they had only killed McQueary when they had the chance.

And yes it would be a shame for Schiano if he truly knew nothing but pardon me if I can't bring myself to think of him as a victim because he lost out on millions.  I'm pretty sure there were some kids that were the real victims.

The bottom line is that A LOT of people knew A LOT of things about what was going on with Sandusky.  But we don't really know who knew what.  It has not been analyzed with truth as a goal.  It has been analyzed from a standpoint of plausible deniability for the sake of people's careers, a money train and a clear conscience for the true believers. It continues to disgust me years later.

Keep in mind that while it is popular to state that this situation has been caused by the unruly twitter mob, UT is a state institution.  Politicians across the state have also risen up against the hiring.  Keep in mind Tennessee, especially East Tennessee where UT sits is a very conservative and strongly religious state.  The AD and others involved in this decision were obviously disconnected from this backdrop.  

Schiano will likely walk away from the situation with money in his pocket.  The AD probably will not. 

3 hours ago, Cynical said:

Wow... he certainly knows the program and environment.  This says a lot. 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Say yes to Les! 

At this point, Les Miles is WAY better than anything Tennessee should expect to get.  If that rumor is true, they should be throwing money at him.

On a side note, while Kiffin can be somewhat funny, isn't it really weird to have the gull to openly mock the school you completely failed at?  Tennessee didn't make a mistake firing him, he was horrible.  His hubris (and of course lack of talent as a head coach) is what's going to keep him at mid-conference level for the rest of his career.

2 minutes ago, Acantha said:

At this point, Les Miles is WAY better than anything Tennessee should expect to get.  If that rumor is true, they should be throwing money at him.

On a side note, while Kiffin can be somewhat funny, isn't it really weird to have the gull to openly mock the school you completely failed at?  Tennessee didn't make a mistake firing him, he was horrible.  His hubris (and of course lack of talent as a head coach) is what's going to keep him at mid-conference level for the rest of his career.

Kiffin wasn't fired. He left after one season to take the HC at USC, where he failed at IIRC.

Also, within that year, the NCAA came sniffing around for possible recruiting violations.

Edited by Cynical

1 hour ago, Acantha said:

Kiffin isn’t someone I would want coaching at my university but he’s hugely entertaining otherwise!

2 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Apparently, no Leach. Jesus, what a dumpster fire UTenn has become.

https://twitter.com/TheVOLColonel/status/936609550668632064

BIG Booster tells me John Currie went rogue and tried to hire Mike Leach and didn't even have Haslam's approval! Wow!!! #Vols

#rogue

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

200w.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Fat Phil strikes again. if there is one thing Fulmer is good at is stabbing people in the back.

Apparently the word is the reason UT officials did not want to Hire Leach is because he sued Texas Tech.

I knew at some point that lawsuit would come back to haunt Leach.

Edited by Cynical

13 minutes ago, Cynical said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Fat Phil strikes again. if there is one thing Fulmer is good at is stabbing people in the back.

Apparently the word is the reason UT officials did not want to Hire Leach is because he sued Texas Tech.

I knew at some point that lawsuit would come back to haunt Leach.

I read an article recently that says he's hired a private investigator to dig up dirt on TT leadership.  Not just rumor either, he was quoted in the article talking about it.  Since they're not paying him he's trying to get whatever revenge he can.

He's always been a nutcase, but he's a damn good college football coach.  At this point, I would think UT would be in "beggars can't be choosers" phase.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2017/12/01/john-currie-fired-tennessee-athletic-director/898378001/

Tennessee may owe Currie $5.5M unless they fired him for cause.  If he overstepped his search and agreement authority it is possible they have grounds to dismiss him without the payment.  However, it is my guess that any such assertions would likely be pretty thin legally given the backdrop.

9 minutes ago, Acantha said:

I read an article recently that says he's hired a private investigator to dig up dirt on TT leadership.  Not just rumor either, he was quoted in the article talking about it.  Since they're not paying him he's trying to get whatever revenge he can.

He's always been a nutcase, but he's a damn good college football coach.  At this point, I would think UT would be in "beggars can't be choosers" phase.

Yeah, I read the same article regarding Leach hiring the PI. He even started his own hashtag, IIRC. That endeavor will probably end up like his lawsuit - nowhere.

Leach is his own worst enemy. His nuttiness will continue to limit his advancement opportunities. Despite his "brilliance", he's too stupid to realize it.

If true, I wonder if Currie figured it out, and knew his days were numbered, and that's why he went after Leach.

Force UT into another Schiano situation as a big ole f*** you on the way out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.