U of Tennessee search for a HC is a hot, #rogue mess

YoloinOhio

Heard about this earlier. It's a damn shame. The guy just needed more time, like another 10 years.

Brady Hoke takes over as interim HC.

As for Gruden, the guy would be an idiot to take the Tenn job.

Gruden hasn't coached football in almost 10 years, and has zero recruiting experience.

Gruden's last college coaching job was in 1991 for Pitt. The highly competitive SEC will bury him.

Gruden sounds like a great candidate for Tenn.

• Haha (+1) 1

Haha and UT has to pay him some kind of settlement because it was a signed contract 

Edit: it was an MOA not a signed contract but the report is that they still need to pay him a bunch of money for reneging or he will sue 

he should sue them for libel while he’s at it 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Guilt by association

I thought McQueary and Schiano weren’t even on the same staff at any point 

I remember when this deposition or court docs or whatever  came down last year. Schiano has already been hired by Osu for s few months, I think.  It was a story for a couple days, everyone denied everything, and then it was gone. I had totally forgotten about it until today.

Court docs were unsealed and it showed that McQueary testified that Bradley told him another coach expressed concern. later that coach was identified to be schiano. Bradley denied telling mcqueary that.  Schiano also denied --- not that it’s proof but that's where it laid...

Greg Schiano Out at Tennessee, and the Twitter Mob That Destroyed Him Was 100% Wrong

https://www.mediaite.com/online/the-twitter-mob-is-trying-to-destroy-greg-schiano-and-they-are-100-wrong/amp/

Edited by YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

They were never on the same staff but may Schiano may have confided at some point maybe?

Schiano was an assistant the mid 90s when McQueary was the starting QB

I don’t know. The testimony said that Tom Bradley was the one who told McQueary that “another coach” expressed concern about Sandusky. That coach was later named as Schiano  (per court docs). But Bradley and Schiano both deny that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ah, so I just commented on this in the Ohio State thread without seeing this thread first.  I like Schiano and hope he stays at Ohio State.  This was vetted before he was hired to his current positions, and assuming OSU wants absolutely no part of the PSU filth on its program, I'm trusting the prior investigation absent additional information.

Since the Vols are so intent on disassociating themselves from anyone based on third-hand hearsay,  I wonder what they have to say about the Manning accusations?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.