Ravens are the biggest rival for wild card imo

JinxedBill1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Even with Flacco, their passing game is terrible. I think they are more of an 8-8 team.

I think it is because of Flacco.  He is hot garbage and that is disrespectful to hot garbage.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

FWIW the Bills biggest rival is themselves.  

Can't argue that!

In my perfect world, we sweep NE, Miami gets them once, Pittsburgh beats them, and so does Oakland. They finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, due to a tiebreaker with the Ravens and the Bills win the East and host a Saturday night playoff game vs St. Doug's Jags, who are the other wildcard, or Mularkey's Titans. THAT would be cool.

It's hard to say who the wildcards will be. It's one of the best reasons the Bills have a good shot at it -- at the top, there's the Patriots, Chiefs, and Steelers, as always, but then there's just everybody else. 

The Ravens are among a bunch of teams who are in the mediocre range where they could land anywhere between 6 and 9 wins.

In the south, who wins that division? It's either the Jags or Titans taking it now that the Colts and Texans are definitely done, but I don't think both teams make it.

But maybe they could because, who knows? In the west, behind the Chiefs, it could be any one of those teams with 9 wins. Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all have major problems but are still capable of putting wins together.

Jets are a bit like the Chargers as we saw on Thursday -- they still have talent. I think in the worst case scenario where the Bills utterly collapse, the Jets would be the other possible WC from the East -- Dolphins are done without Ajayi. 

The Bills are just ahead of most of these teams, in my eyes. Add in KB and Clay and there's potential for the Bills to be a solid 10-6 team that "should" have gone 11-5 or 12-4 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Looks like 8-8 to me.

They got some nice breaks with QBs being out, but they'll lose one of those "easy" games, IMO. I can even see them losing this weekend.

Unless someone takes out Brady's knee, this ain't happening.

Well, they play the Broncos this Sunday; Vonn Miller might come up big.

I'm not ready to give the division to the Cheats.

Ravens and Titans are the likely Wild Cards this season. I could also see the Raiders going on a hot streak.

Bills will have to go 10-6 and I'm afraid they're just not capable of that yet.

5 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

9-7 may be enough this year.

It's really not out of the realm of possibility this season. Let's hope that's the case.

14 minutes ago, Albwan said:

bills need to beat the saints. if this spirals to 5-7 with

everyone hoping for a 4 game win streak to maybe have an 3%

chance depending on other teams losing will be so billsy.

I'm thinking they don't win another game. my brain has been sizzled with the 17 year drought and no way can I see them win another game this season. they need to cut tyrod and put peterman in there so they can finish 19-0 in 2018, claiming the lombardi.

why anyone could even have the slightest optimism about the next 8 games is beyond me.

sarcasm intended

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

22 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

i see them at 9-7 or even 10-6

I don't disagree that they could be in the mix, but honestly 10-6 for them is a pipe dream. They are not a good enough team to finish the season 6-1 which is what they would have to do to finish 10-6. Finishing 5-2 would be difficult enough for them. 

Pretty much all teams behind us have to finish 5-2 just to get to 9-7. And they have to finish 6-1 to get to 10-6. There are four or five teams behind us, odds are one will go on a run like that, but two or more teams going on a 5-2 or 6-1 run is not likely.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Have you been watching?

The Broncos blow.

I have noticed that the Broncos blow.  Never said they'll win.  Just that Vonn Miller could take out Brady.  Slim chance of it happening but one can hope.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I think the real threats to worry about are still OAK (who we have tiebreaker over), LAC (who we play next week), the Dolphins (who I still think are going to make a big 2nd half push like last year and get in)

This is how I see it too. Oakland has the talent on offense to make a run. If Carr doesn't miss a game and half they possibly win both those games he missed. The Dolphins are not great but they are also currently 4-4 while all the other teams behind us are 4-5 or worse. Chargers are a pretty well rounded team I think. Decent defense and a good enough offense. I would put my money on one of those three teams competing for the final wild card.

If you are basing it on schedule then I would agree but I would watch out for the Chargers.  They started weak but are coming on strong.  Next week’s game could be the one that determines our playoff fate.  I would say they are our biggest threat as well as whoever doesn’t win the south between Tennessee and Jacksonville.

6 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

If you are basing it on schedule then I would agree but I would watch out for the Chargers.  They started weak but are coming on strong.  Next week’s game could be the one that determines our playoff fate.  I would say they are our biggest threat as well as whoever doesn’t win the south between Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Yep. Must win next week. Could afford a loss to NO.

58 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Yep. Must win next week. Could afford a loss to NO.

Too early to say must win. But it would go a long way in helping us out.

For the Chargers, I do see them beating Jacksonville this week. And if they beat us the following week that gets them back to .500 and winners of five of their last six games. They have a tough slate still with @ Dallas, Vs. Reskins @Cheifs @ Jets and Vs. Raiders but they would only need to go 2-3 in those games to get to 9-7 and hold a head to head tiebreaker over us. Now if they lose this week to Jacksonville, the Chargers season is pretty much over. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Too early to say must win. But it would go a long way in helping us out.

For the Chargers, I do see them beating Jacksonville this week. And if they beat us the following week that gets them back to .500 and winners of five of their last six games. They have a tough slate still with @ Dallas, Vs. Reskins @Cheifs @ Jets and Vs. Raiders but they would only need to go 2-3 in those games to get to 9-7 and hold a head to head tiebreaker over us. Now if they lose this week to Jacksonville, the Chargers season is pretty much over. 

Root for Jacksonville on Sunday.

This is going to sound really negative, but what really would a 9-7 playoff berth accomplish? This team is not legit...they are way below average in offensive production, below average in opponent yards/game, they have huge weaknesses at o-line, receiver, and secondary. Their only redeeming quality is turnover margin, and who knows if that will continue.

Yet, the AFC is very weak, so maybe they sneak in at 9-7. And then what? Get exposed in the wildcard on the road? Along with Miami last year (who had a negative point differential despite being 10-6), the Bills would be one of the worst teams to make the playoffs in recent memory.

For me, I would rather break the playoff drought when we have a true playoff roster. Look at the LA Rams, who will break their playoff drought this year, for example. And that day may come soon for the Bills; I think we are headed in the right direction with the new regime.

21 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't disagree that they could be in the mix, but honestly 10-6 for them is a pipe dream. They are not a good enough team to finish the season 6-1 which is what they would have to do to finish 10-6. Finishing 5-2 would be difficult enough for them. 

Pretty much all teams behind us have to finish 5-2 just to get to 9-7. And they have to finish 6-1 to get to 10-6. There are four or five teams behind us, odds are one will go on a run like that, but two or more teams going on a 5-2 or 6-1 run is not likely.

This is exactly how I keep looking at it. I look at the group of teams at 4-5 and 3-5 and ask myself "Are any of these teams (Ravens, Jets, Raiders, Texans, Bengals, Chargers, Broncos) good enough to go on a 6-1 or 7-1 run to get to 10-6?" The only team out of that group that has the talent to do it, IMO, is the Raiders. But they have spent half the season looking lost. The same goes for Miami at 4-4. They fattened up with some easy wins but are destined to fail in a much tougher second half.