Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

In an bizarre move apparently geared toward turning out black voters, the Jones campaign sent out fliers that are being described as “racist,” “race-baiting,” and “racially-charged.”  The fliers were sent only to Alabama’s black voters.

DQYFcXCV4AAScpF.jpg

Fox News reports:

A racially charged campaign flyer sent to black residents in Alabama’s Senate race is provoking a social media backlash for Democratic nominee Doug Jones, who is scrambling to mobilize black voters against Republican Roy Moore ahead of Tuesday’s election.

. . . .  Michael Harriot, a writer for TheRoot.com, an African-American culture website, wrote that “it has upset black voters across Alabama.”

“Someone, probably a white man, thought that the image would resonate with black people and motivate them to get out the vote,” he said.

One Twitter user who apparently received the mailer wrote: “I just got this in the mail. This is *NOT* how do outreach to Black voters! I don’t know who thought this was going to help, but this campaign has engaged Black voters despicably.”

. . . . Huntsville television station WHNT reported that the Jones campaign confirmed they sent the flyers.

Both sides are too stupid to win.

Edited by B-Man

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/richard-shelby-roy-moore-sotu-cnntv/index.html

Alabama's other senator won't vote for the child molester 

On 12/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, Koko78 said:

I love how he's still a 'child molester', even though story after story gets proven false.

Keep pushing that narrative, though. Joseph Goebbels taught you liberal idiots well.

So you support this scum bag. No surprise there. You don't care what a guy like that does as long as he has an R by his name. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Moore supporter. 

Was he spotted at any malls this weekend? 

Ted Kennedy supporter. 

Has he drowned any young women lately?

Has he upped his count to over 1,000?

Clinton supporter.

Any bimbo eruptions lately?

Has Bill flown on the rape plane recently? 

28 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Ted Kennedy supporter. 

Has he drowned any young women lately?

Has he upped his count to over 1,000?

Clinton supporter.

Any bimbo eruptions lately?

Has Bill flown on the rape plane recently? 

Oh, ok, that makes it ok to vote for a child pred! Wow 

Thank you for handing us the moral high ground 

Prof. Ann Althouse:

David Brooks gets awfully grandiose and contemptuous (on "Meet the Press" today), especially at the end when he tells Republicans "you end up, not only making yourself unpopular but sort of corrupting a piece of yourself... There is no end to what they are going to be asked to tolerate, and that is just, internally, so corrosive."

Does a win by Roy Moore really mean all that? Why can't it just mean that the voters of Alabama — deprived of these allegations (about old events) until after the primary — were stuck with a choice between a particular, possibly morally flawed Republican who would represent them in Congress by voting for the policies they want and a Democrat who might be less morally flawed but would vote against the policies they want, and they voted according to their policy choices and not as a judgment on the morality of the man?

If Roy Moore's opponent wins, I would expect Democrats to exult at the fabulous new political opportunity and even to laugh openly at the Alabamans (who will be on the receiving end of contempt no matter what they do).

And I do not believe that after this election there's going to be any great shift to voting based on which candidate is more moral. I watched the Sunday shows this morning. All that cheesy emoting in the Theater of Sanctimony. Such scenery chewing! Especially by Brooks.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/12/if-roy-moore-wins-says-david-brooks.html

The odds of Roy Moore having an inappropriate relationship with any Alabama voter's teenaged daughter are diminishingly low; but the odds of Doug Jones voting for leftist policies and working to sabotage the sitting President are incredibly high.

Democratic Party platforms are so unpalatable to voters in Alabama that Moore wins in a walk away.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, ok, that makes it ok to vote for a child pred! Wow 

Thank you for handing us the moral high ground 

Who said I'm voting for that creep?

You probably voted for at least one of the two I mentioned... twice! 

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Who said I'm voting for that creep?

You probably voted for at least one of the two I mentioned... twice! 

So, gator thinks you're voting in the Alabama election? You Jersey guys are really crooked or gator is really dumb. I wonder which?

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Which will be negated because gator is going to vote under all his screen names.

is gator when Tiberius tries to increase the IQ 10 points?

see all the major attention given to off-year elections that  nobody woulda thought of after Trump wins?

Georgia, now Alabama