Bennett cut (update: claimed by Pats*)

The juice

34 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

So let me get this straight, Bennett said the Packer organization was trying to avoid paying him a future year (2018) which became a concern when he elected for surgery against the teams recommendation.

A day after he signs with a new team he is practicing and the surgery is once again on hold.

Who is full of **** here!? 

Bennett he did not wanna play just for money because Rodgers injury. Glad that freak is not here. Thats BS

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

You have to hand it to the Pats on finding creative new ways to cheat - first the fog machine against the Falcons on SNF, now arranging contact with former recent players, telling them to fake injuries and create discontent in the lockerrom so they get cut and then promise to claim them on the waiver wire.

4-D Chess = 4-D Cheating

Hoodie still the master puppeteer even today.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:44 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

You have to hand it to the Pats on finding creative new ways to cheat - first the fog machine against the Falcons on SNF, now arranging contact with former recent players, telling them to fake injuries and create discontent in the lockerrom so they get cut and then promise to claim them on the waiver wire.

4-D Chess = 4-D Cheating

Hoodie still the master puppeteer even today.

I am not suffering from Pats Derangement Syndrome. I tend to think that a lot of the talk (particularly around here) about the Cheatriots is overblown. Mostly they "cheat within the rules," by knowing exactly what the rule says and exploiting any loopholes. The tax lawyers of the NFL.

But ... I have to agree.  This one doesn't pass the smell test. The simplest explanation is this: Bennett didn't want to play for anyone but the Pats. He wanted the big guaranteed money/bonus so he took the Packers offer.  His heart wasn't in it, and when Rodgers went down, he started looking for any possible way out. "I'm seriously injured; I need surgery and I need it now; the Packers' physician is screwing with me by saying I can play."  Followed 2 days later by "questionable" to play for the Pats THIS SUNDAY against the Broncos. And now he'll act outraged by the Packers' attempts to recoup that bonus.  I think tampering by the Pats should be assumed at this point, although Bennett is apparently so stupid he couldn't even take a couple weeks off and claim that some kind of miracle rehab worked. 

And let me add (unfair though it may be): somehow this makes me more inclined to believe the Las Vegas PD rather than Martellus' brother ...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Umm, no. Did the Pats even give him a physical before claiming him?  What team without inside knowledge would put in a waiver claim for a guy who just said he's done for the season?

They put in a claim and got the player. Where is the foul play?

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am not suffering from Pats Derangement Syndrome. I tend to think that a lot of the talk (particularly around here) about the Cheatriots is overblown. Mostly they "cheat within the rules," by knowing exactly what the rule says and exploiting any loopholes. The tax lawyers of the NFL.

But ... I have to agree.  This one doesn't pass the smell test. The simplest explanation is this: Bennett didn't want to play for anyone but the Pats. He wanted the big guaranteed money/bonus so he took the Packers offer.  His heart wasn't in it, and when Rodgers went down, he started looking for any possible way out. "I'm seriously injured; I need surgery and I need it now; the Packers' physician is screwing with me by saying I can play."  Followed 2 days later by "questionable" to play for the Pats THIS SUNDAY against the Broncos. And now he'll act outraged by the Packers' attempts to recoup that bonus.  I think tampering by the Pats should be assumed at this point, although Bennett is apparently so stupid he couldn't even take a couple weeks off and claim that some kind of miracle rehab worked. 

And let me add (unfair though it may be): somehow this makes me more inclined to believe the Las Vegas PD rather than Martellus' brother ...

Bennett had to go through waivers. 29 teams passed on signing him before the Patriots had their turn. You don't seriously believe that all those teams were "in on it" with the Pats? Because that would have to be the case if the Pats tampered. 

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Bennett admitted that he and his agent told teams not to put in a claim because he was having surgery. Then BB changed his mind....

It's typical NE circumventing the rules and doing as they wish.

Bennett decided to forgo surgery for a chance to win a SB. How is that BB circumventing the rules? He knows the system and he knows that he won't be asked to do much. He only played 7 snaps last night. Perfect situation.

20 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Bennett admitted that he and his agent told teams not to put in a claim because he was having surgery. Then BB changed his mind....

It's typical NE circumventing the rules and doing as they wish.

So its against the rules now to put in a waiver claim?  

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

So its against the rules now to put in a waiver claim?  

Let me get this straight, your a Patriots fan who came over when BBMB was shut down. Multiple BBMB folks said you got permantely banned there after years of this foolishness.

Yet, you never came here and bothered us with your nonsense until that board was close. Pretty obvious that this is a puppet troll account of some BBMB'er.

Why else would you have waited to join here? 

I'm not going to respond to your nonsense.

Edited by Commonsense