The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

30 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Well done, Heitkamp. Well done.

That whole story is horrifying.

People were upset ChiFi leaked the Nutty Professor's letter for political gain (haha! That worked out well) with the payoff to come later via GoFundMe. This, however, this is criminal.  Heitkamp apologizing and taking ownership of the "mistake"  was something, but now what for these women? They have to move, go into temporary (or permanent) hiding? The mental cost of this outing - nevermind the economic damage to these women - is simply staggering.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That whole story is horrifying.

People were upset ChiFi leaked the Nutty Professor's letter for political gain (haha! That worked out well) with the payoff to come later via GoFundMe. This, however, this is criminal.  Heitkamp apologizing and taking ownership of the "mistake"  was something, but now what for these women? They have to move, go into temporary (or permanent) hiding? The mental cost of this outing - nevermind the economic damage to these women - is simply staggering.

What is particularly staggering is how this happened. They literally just got names of people off FB. No verification. No notice. Nothing.

There has to be a crime there. You just don't take people who are suspected of being a victim of a violent crime and put their names in an ad campaign. Beyond being vile and disgusting, it simply has to be illegal.

• Like (+1) 1

https://lawandcrime.com/race-relations/republican-senate-candidate-compared-michelle-obama-to-chimp/

A Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Minnesota once compared Michelle Obama to a chimpanzee in a post on social media.

According to HuffPost, GOP candidate Karin Housley made the comparison in an attempt to attack the former first lady’s posture when Obama met with Queen Elizabeth II of England 

I guess since the Republicans are getting beaten down pretty hard throughout the upper mid-west there, this really doesn't matter much anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm politically agnostic. I'm just anti-progressive fascist. 

Are all Democrats that? So you vote straight Republicans? 

You are such a stupid idiot 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Are all Democrats that?

The vocal minority, who is steering the party's direction (and their talking points) 100% are. 

That's why they must be destroyed on November 6th in such an electoral beat down the majority on the centrist left can retake control of their party. 

Blue wave-ring.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/10/16/bob-menendez-trouble-dem-group-drops-3-million-nj-senate-race/1660282002/

15 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

What is particularly staggering is how this happened. They literally just got names of people off FB. No verification. No notice. Nothing.

There has to be a crime there. You just don't take people who are suspected of being a victim of a violent crime and put their names in an ad campaign. Beyond being vile and disgusting, it simply has to be illegal.

Funny thing is that likely makes it less criminal.  Since Facebook is already considered "public information," there's no argument to be made that Heitkamp's people "leaked" anything or "doxxed" anyone.  

It does further reinforce the fact that Democrats don't care about assault victims beyond "How can we use them?"

• Like (+1) 1

Turn out surges in Georgia. 

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/turnout-soars-the-first-day-early-voting-georgia/LDzDZ7TrzQjqtFSascOJ5M/

Voters across Georgia rushed to the polls on the first day of in-person early voting Monday, with 69,049 people casting their ballots.

That’s a sharp increase from the last midterm election in 2014, when 20,898 people showed up on the first day of in-person early voting, according to numbers from the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.

Some early voters in Cobb County had to wait in lines for more than two hours, and others in Fulton County encountered delays because of technical difficulties.

But early voting has become increasingly popular in Georgia because it allows voters to decide what day they want to cast their ballots, and they can avoid lines if they arrive during low-traffic times.

WEIRD, NONE OF THE HEADLINES I SAW MENTIONED THAT HE WAS A DEMOCRAT: 

So Alaska’s Lt. Governor (a Democrat) just resigned three weeks before the election.

HILARIOUS: 

IN 2013, PEOPLE WANTED AN EXCEPTION MADE FOR TOTALLY WHITE GUY ROBERT “BETO” O’ROURKE TO GET INTO THE HISPANIC CAUCUS. 

“However, the CHC stuck to its charter and maintained the policy necessitating members have Hispanic heritage, which Beto does not. For his part, O’Rourke only commented that he respected the Caucus’s bylaws.The willingness of those on the left to shoe-horn in a privileged white guy under the banner of a minority representative is honestly laughable.

But don’t you dare put on a sombrero on Halloween or celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Edited by B-Man

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............................?

Former President Obama is trying to churn up a “blue wave” using nothing but sheer willpower and a little bit of shaming unmotivated potential voters:

People and things mentioned in this Obama video include Pokémon, climate change deniers, Coachella, Dancing With the Stars, flat-earthers, Jay-Z & Beyoncé, and more.

One thing’s for sure, Obama continues to not have an especially high opinion of his supporters.

A tad condescending was it? That’s Obama’s wheelhouse!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/10/17/uh-oh-president-scold-pulls-out-all-the-stops-pokemon-coachella-dwts-beyonce-to-get-unmotivated-dems-to-the-polls-video/

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hate to break it to you sparky, but if they’re in Cobb, chances are they aren’t voting for your candidates

Edited by Kevbeau

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

dude, don't ruin it.  unexpected defeat makes liberal tears extra salty

Unexpected?  We haven't had a successful midterm since 2006.  At this point, I fully expect Leodis McKelvin to fumble the punt.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Unexpected?  We haven't had a successful midterm since 2006.  At this point, I fully expect Leodis McKelvin to fumble the punt.

:lol:

That's because you're one of the few remaining rational Liberals

The #Resist SJW Blue Kool-Aid drinkers stuck in their social media bubbles expecting the storming of the Bastille next month are in for another violation of their safe space

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

:lol:

That's because you're one of the few remaining rational Liberals

The #Resist SJW Blue Kool-Aid drinkers stuck in their social media bubbles expecting the storming of the Bastille next month are in for another violation of their safe space

The far left lost its mind long before Trump so I don't even see that as being much of a factor.  There's a political junkie bubble that exists where they think Elizabeth Warren taking a DNA test may actually impact the election.  Here's what will:

It's anecdotal, but I look around and I just don't see the anti Trump backlash that's being portrayed.  

The economy is extremely strong at this moment.

Republicans haven't touched entitlement programs because they know it's unpopular. 

The Republican base is much more reliable in voter turnout in midterm elections.  

Republicans have done a good job in winning governor races which give them the advantage when it comes to drawing the district lines in their favor.

The Senate Map for Democrats is brutal.

Talk of impeachment backfired for Republicans in the '98 midterms and it may also here for Democrats.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'll settle for Leodis being the dems spokesman, just to clarify their message.

• Haha (+1) 1