The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

"I've read books like Hillbilly Elegy and everything else to understand other folks . . ." @CoryBooker at #CAPIdeas

Cory-Booker-e1484081868757-620x434.png

Gillibrand - NY

Booker - NJ

Harris - CA

Warren - MA

Steyer - CA

Biden - DE

Sanders - VT

Murphy - CT

But yes guys, keep talking about how in touch you all are with the heartland "hillbilly elegy folks"

The dems keep moving to the edge...........................:lol:

A GOOD NIGHT FOR THE FAR LEFT

Featured imageYesterday’s set of Democratic primaries went extraordinarily well for the Party’s left-wing. Consider: In Nebraska, a liberal social worker and political neophyte who built her campaign around “Medicare for All” scored a shocking upset in a Democratic primary. Kara Eastman, 45, beat former congressman Brad Ashford, 68, in an Omaha-area district that national Democrats believed they could pick up in November. Eastman advocated  for universal background checks to buy guns, raising taxes and decriminalizing marijuana.

Then, there is Pennsylvania:

More at the link:

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The dems keep moving to the edge...........................:lol:

A GOOD NIGHT FOR THE FAR LEFT

Featured imageYesterday’s set of Democratic primaries went extraordinarily well for the Party’s left-wing. Consider: In Nebraska, a liberal social worker and political neophyte who built her campaign around “Medicare for All” scored a shocking upset in a Democratic primary. Kara Eastman, 45, beat former congressman Brad Ashford, 68, in an Omaha-area district that national Democrats believed they could pick up in November. Eastman advocated  for universal background checks to buy guns, raising taxes and decriminalizing marijuana.

Then, there is Pennsylvania:

More at the link:

If it wasn't for the Tea Party movement I would scoff at these far left candidates chances, but there is some parallel between these primaries and the Republican primaries in 2010.  I thought the Tea Party candidates were far right nuts who were just eating their own with no chance of winning in a general election.  I was obviously wrong.

I don't think the anger at the health care system (pre and post ACA) is equal to the anger many had over government spending under the Bush and Obama administration in 2010, but running on single payer (and typical taxing the rich rhetoric) could be enough for some upsets in some districts.  You also have a president who is just as hated by the Democrats as Obama was by Republicans.  It's going to be an interesting midterms and who knows where we'll be in five plus months.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If it wasn't for the Tea Party movement I would scoff at these far left candidates chances, but there is some parallel between these primaries and the Republican primaries in 2010.  I thought the Tea Party candidates were far right nuts who were just eating their own with no chance of winning in a general election.  I was obviously wrong.

I don't think the anger at the health care system (pre and post ACA) is equal to the anger many had over government spending under the Bush and Obama administration in 2010, but running on single payer (and typical taxing the rich rhetoric) could be enough for some upsets in some districts.  You also have a president who is just as hated by the Democrats as Obama was by Republicans.  It's going to be an interesting midterms and who knows where we'll be in five plus months.

Wallace won't win in the Lehigh Valley. TRUST me on that. Only ONE county in that area went for Clinton, the other three were Trump.

Edited by joesixpack

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think the difference here is that the Tea Party movement motivated a bunch of people (who normally sat on the sidelines for mid-terms, etc.,) to get into the fight. They were people who finally became so disgusted that they decided to stand up and be heard, only to show up at rallies and be stunned by the thousands of people who felt like them.

The far left voters have always been in the fight. They left is amazing at paying people to rally and vote and get heard, so it's not likely you'll see an uptick like you did with Tea Party. The left has been brilliant at filling buses with lazy leftists to get them to a voting booth. Always. Occupy Wall Street. Antifa. BLM. All just other leftists getting paid to make noise they were already making for some other leftist cause.

That said, what I write about the Tea Party was strictly from what I saw for myself for a number of years in the Tea Party gatherings, until the right co-opted the Tea Party movement, which ultimately shut them/us up and reminded us that our vote really doesn't matter in the long term as long as someone can take a photo of Michelle Bachman looking crazy while eating a corn dog.

• Like (+1) 1

What color is the sky in Senator's Murphy's world ?

SENATOR CHRIS MURPHY: GOP Knows ‘Everything Is Different’ and Gun Rights ‘Might’ Cost Party Election.

“Republicans ‘have this sort of genetic attachment to this lobby and to this industry that they simply cannot break until they are forced to,’ says Dem senator.”

Power-seeking pols trying to force — that’s Murphy’s word — people into surrendering their constitutional rights is all the justification anyone needs for a broad interpretation of the Second Amendment.

Sen.-Chris-Murphy-640x480.png

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/05/23/check-off-the-boxes-democrats-smug-swipe-at-gop-only-exposes-their-own-sexism-and-racism/

Democrats love to paint Republicans as the party of sexists and racists. Which is easy to do when you’re willing to ignore the accomplishments of Republican women like Mia Love, Susana Martinez, and Nikki Haley:

6b-4Q-FI_normal.jpg
The first black woman nominee for governor in GA, the first Latinx lesbian nominee for governor in TX, & several women who refuse to be on the sidelines of history — Republicans must have been on the edge of their seats last night. #IWillVote https://politi.co/2LpXxfk 

TFW when you’re so committed to diversity that you don’t even realize how sexist and racist you sound.

_szSKX0n_normal.jpg
The fact you don't mention their names in your tweet speaks volumes to why you are promoting them...check off the boxes!

Since you listed their identity qualifications, would you be so kind as to list their business/political qualifications and accomplishments so we can have a better understanding of them? Or is it just that they are the correct flavor/color/LGBTQRSTUVWXYZness?
:lol:

Edited by B-Man

On 5/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, B-Man said:

Democrat Identity Politics continue..........................

My favorite thing about @TheDemocrats is when they congratulated Gina Ortiz last night.

Once they realized she is not a Latina they deleted this gem.

Felicidades!

Dd4wE4nVQAAWiSs.jpg

:lol:

White Hispanic?

Marcus Simon, Virginia democrat.......................campaigning............in a Ferrari 

DeTiX_jV0AU95Q3.jpg

I don't think he has the guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers T-shirt's vote........................lol

The struggle is real !

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Marcus Simon, Virginia democrat.......................campaigning............in a Ferrari 

DeTiX_jV0AU95Q3.jpg

I don't think he has the guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers T-shirt's vote........................lol

The struggle is real !

THAT is how you connect with the common folk!

2 hours ago, B-Man said:
Republicans Poised to Gain Senate Seats in 2018
by Scott Rasmussen

Original Article.

If the GOP gains senate seats, we should start a contest to see who can best pick the left's best excuses.

I'll start with a choice of either (A) We could have done a better job with our message or (B) White wives only do what their men tell them to do.