Wager: Will the Dolphins Make the Playoffs

dubs

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Where is the chatter coming from?

Their coach is McAdoo light in terms of being an over his head guy trying to hammer respect into a team that is tuning him out.

Both Gase and McAdoo are the substitute teacher who DEMANDS RESPECT! and writes everyone up because it's his way or the highway while everyone talks over him, tosses paper airplanes and snapchats.

Rhymes with BraviorPeterson. 

He had better stop in here with $$$ and a hot take:  "While the Panthers have been playing great, the Dolphins dominant Defense should come to play for coach Gase.  Get ready for them to go on a run, and beat the Bills out of the final wild card spot."  Or something like that...  :lol:

Personally, I say no - but that's only because I'm old enough to still hate the Dolphins.  :beer:

You guys are funny but I'm not taking the bait. And this board seems to have a very healthy obsession with Miami for some reason.

Look the Dolphins swept us last year just like the Jets and we barely beat them at home and got throttled by them in NY the other night. What should that tell you about a Dolphins team that is significantly better than the Jets especially on defense?

Also as I pointed out several times before, last year the Dolphins started 1-4 and won 9 of 11 with their only losses coming against the Pats at home and at Baltimore (where they were spanked like this years game). So even though they are 4-4 this year and in the same spot after 8 games, they are certainly trending more positively after not starting the season like last year.

If the Dolphins don't make the playoffs I'll certainly admit I'm wrong. Also still think spitting with them is best case scenario this year. Gase's team will be playing their best football of the season when we play them twice in Dec and Bills could be in the midst of an epic meltdown by then. If both teams are in thick of the playoff race saying these games loom LARGE is an understatement.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The LOLphins are more likely to finish 4-12 than go to the playoffs. They're considered to be one of the worst teams in history to start the season 4-2. They truly suck.

I strongly disagree and the Dolphins have many next gen stats and metrics trending in their favor.

Right now they are still a top 10 defense right at #10 overall and offensively in the same boat as the Bills more or less.

Also consider that Saints shut out Miami when they played them which could be telling in terms of what to expect this Bills offense to do against them on Sunday.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

I strongly disagree and the Dolphins have many next gen stats and metrics trending in their favor.

Right now they are still a top 10 defense right at #10 overall and offensively in the same boat as the Bills more or less.

Also consider that Saints shut out Miami when they played them which could be telling in terms of what to expect this Bills offense to do against them on Sunday.

They're currently the #31 ranked team in the NFL per Football Outsider's DVOA (#23 defense).

The Colts won so maybe this week they will be #32.

#20 ranked defense in ProFootballReference's EXP (expected points contributed to defense). #13 in score percentage. #23 in yards per play. #26 in turnover percentage.

On what planet are the Dolphins' defense Top 10 through Week 9 of the 2017 NFL season?

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

umm.....you are aware that they are either dead last or almost  last in every offensive catagory.....

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They're currently the #31 ranked team in the NFL per Football Outsider's DVOA (#23 defense).

The Colts won so maybe this week they will be #32.

#20 ranked defense in ProFootballReference's EXP (expected points contributed to defense). #13 in score percentage. #23 in yards per play. #26 in turnover percentage.

On what planet are the Dolphins' defense Top 10 through Week 9 of the 2017 NFL season?

Go to NFL.com and search team stats, they are currently #10 overall on defense in terms of yards allowed per game.

Also they are still in favorable position according to PFF's advanced metrics.

Dolphins have all the ingredients to make a serious run in the 2nd half of the season and it's very concerning that Jay Cutler is coming off his best game of the season, albeit in a loss, because their offense was red hot last year in the 2nd half after a similar slow start.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Go to NFL.com and search team stats, they are currently #10 overall on defense in terms of yards allowed per game.

Dolphins have all the ingredients to make a serious run in the 2nd half of the season and it's very concerning that Jay Cutler is coming off his best game of the season, albeit in a loss, because their offense was red hot last year in the 2nd half after a similar slow start.

You obviously did not watch the game.....try watching some football instead of getting all the info off the net....Cutler dinked and dunked and checked down all friggin night thats why his stats were so good....and to boot against one of the ghastliest defences in the league....LOL!

30 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

You guys are funny but I'm not taking the bait. And this board seems to have a very healthy obsession with Miami for some reason.

Look the Dolphins swept us last year just like the Jets and we barely beat them at home and got throttled by them in NY the other night. What should that tell you about a Dolphins team that is significantly better than the Jets especially on defense?

Also as I pointed out several times before, last year the Dolphins started 1-4 and won 9 of 11 with their only losses coming against the Pats at home and at Baltimore (where they were spanked like this years game). So even though they are 4-4 this year and in the same spot after 8 games, they are certainly trending more positively after not starting the season like last year.

If the Dolphins don't make the playoffs I'll certainly admit I'm wrong. Also still think spitting with them is best case scenario this year. Gase's team will be playing their best football of the season when we play them twice in Dec and Bills could be in the midst of an epic meltdown by then. If both teams are in thick of the playoff race saying these games loom LARGE is an understatement.

Where do you see them getting the necessary victories to get to 9-10 wins? Their Schedule is brutal. @CAR, @NE, @KC, @BUF and then hosting NE and BUF . The only games I see as relatively easy are hosting TB and maybe the DEN game, but that D is dominant.

Edited by MDH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Wow - there are people who still use total yardage to evaluate NFL units. Amazing.

26 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Wait, we're funny and the board has a healthy obsession with Miami?  Pot, meet kettle...

I think most Bills fans are obsessed with Miami losing, only one of us here is banking on them making the playoffs.

With a schedule that finishes with Panthers, Bills x 2, Pats x 2 and the Chiefs, I say No Playoffs for Them!  :beer:

Just now, Heitz said:

Wait, we're funny and the board has a healthy obsession with Miami?  Pot, meet kettle...

I think most Bills fans are obsessed with Miami losing, only one of us here is banking on them making the playoffs.

With a schedule that finishes with Panthers, Bills x 2, Pats x 2 and the Chiefs, I say No Playoffs for Them!  :beer:

Exactly.  I am waiting for the wager to be agreed upon.....

6 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Superbowl man!  Cutler MVP status!