ESPN: Will the Bills' fast start fade into usual disappointment?

42 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

DaBills - serious question for you my friend.

Let's say the Bills lose to the Saints and possibly another blowout loss, just curious what your mindset will be regarding this team going foward? Just another game with plenty left? Sadly this is the same old Bills? Indifferent?

The Bills are 29-27 since the Pegulas bought the team. That is far from terrible. That is all that matters. Quit bringing up pre Pegula years which have no merit to this season.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Negative said:

Don't be optimistic until this team deserves it. Right now they haven't proven to us that they are any different than previous years

Are they supposed to be 8-0 right now? No one else is.

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Even though the saints are NFC, a loss would be a killer to any playoff hopes.  Buffalo only has 3 losses left to play with.  Can't drop one at home vs NO.  Yes, the Saints are good but they are DUE to lose and McD has been pretty solid so far in scheming against his old NFC South rivals.  I expect the Bills to come out rejuvenated on defense and looking to dictate on offense.  I think that game vs the Jets was embarrassing to every player and coach.  BLo was pushed around on both sides.  No way they allow NO to come in here and roll out with a W.  If they do then the season is officially over and we can just play spoiler. 

9-7 may be enough this season.

41 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if I clung on to the past, I'd never be able to appreciate the present nor the future. sorry, I'm not the type to hang on to the past.

Who is hanging on to the past?  

If you wish to claim otherwise here is the reality of today.  New England is once again leading the division and they have proven they’re capable of winning in spite of perceived weaknesses this year.  The Bills will have a very tough time unseating them from their lead in the division.  Yes, there is opinion in this series of statements but what facts exist to refute them?

Next, the Bills schedule in the early part of the season has by record the weakest teams they will play.

The Jets game exposed the Bills.

The point of the above is not to be negative but to recognize that as long as the Cheats* continue to have a stranglehold on the division the Bills have a tough uphill climb to get into the playoffs.   The road to the playoffs goes through New England if the Bills truly want to lift the 17 year fog they could start by winning both games against the cheats* and take the division.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

If you wish to claim otherwise here is the reality of today.  New England is once again leading the division and they have proven they’re capable of winning in spite of perceived weaknesses this year.  The Bills will have a very tough time unseating them from their lead in the division.  Yes, there is opinion in this series of statements but what facts exist to refute them?

Next, the Bills schedule in the early part of the season has by record the weakest teams they will play.

The point of the above is not to be negative but to recognize that as long as the Cheats* continue to have a stranglehold on the division the Bills have a tough uphill climb to get into the playoffs.   The road to the playoffs goes through New England if the Bills truly want to lift the 17 year fog they could start by winning both games against the cheats* and take the division.

Miami and the Colts are weak. So getting a WC isn't good enough. Have to take the division. 5-3 is a solid mid season record. Team is getting healthy and has Benjamin.

1 minute ago, JM2009 said:

Miami and the Colts are weak. So getting a WC isn't good enough. Have to take the division. 5-3 is a solid mid season record. Team is getting healthy and has Benjamin.

They need to win these games:

New Orleans

Miami x 2

Colts

San Diego

39 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

If a guy does something bad to a girl in a long term relationship, like cheats on her, that girl is not going to forget the past and just turn the page.

If she stays with that guy, they are going to have to build up lots of trust, and he is going to have to prove to her that things are changing for the better.

For me, going 5-3 isn't enough trust yet, and especially after that Thursday nighter, those past 17 years of failure start to creep in my mind again.                                                                                It's good that you are optimistic, I'm just not there quite yet

interesting analogy.  it's not so much optimistic as it is just letting it play out as it will and leaving the past behind. sure you can compare past records but past teams are not going to be the same as the present team. too many differences with players and coaches. one thing I am so far confident in is the new regime and the process as well as the thought that they finally may have a competent FO?  that in itself should give some the hope that they finally may be turning the corner? 

as it stands, game 9 at home against the saints, then go from there.

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

What happened to the OP's mighty Dolphins Sunday night?

he claimed in a post yesterday that he thinks they'll have a playoff spot locked up by our 2nd matchup with them and he's "concerned" we wont even be able to beat their backups. 

no joke.... he actually said that.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

seems there are a few that are.

you are entitled to your opinion and I'll be looking forward to the opportunity the team will have in the games ahead. I can only control my destiny, I'll just sit back and watch/wait to see where the bills take theirs?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

seems there are a few that are.

you are entitled to your opinion and I'll be looking forward to the opportunity the team will have in the games ahead. I can only control my destiny, I'll just sit back and watch/wait to see where the bills take theirs?

Fair enough.  I would love for the Bills to win out (including the SB).  Let’s hope they do.

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he claimed in a post yesterday that he thinks they'll have a playoff spot locked up by our 2nd matchup with them and he's "concerned" we wont even be able to beat their backups. 

no joke.... he actually said that.

How does he have any time for his own team with all the time he spends trolling in here.

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

interesting analogy.  it's not so much optimistic as it is just letting it play out as it will and leaving the past behind. sure you can compare past records but past teams are not going to be the same as the present team. too many differences with players and coaches. one thing I am so far confident in is the new regime and the process as well as the thought that they finally may have a competent FO?  that in itself should give some the hope that they finally may be turning the corner? 

as it stands, game 9 at home against the saints, then go from there.

You're right for sure and definitely have the right mindset.

I just need to actually see them make the playoffs before I start getting too excited. 

I don't know how many times I've been excited mid season and they let me down everytime.

So to your point, I'm letting it play out, but the only difference is I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best

Edited by billsfan11

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

What happened to the OP's mighty Dolphins Sunday night?

Jay Cutler happened.

Yes, I know he had a great game.  But the mere presence of the stink of Jay Cutler still impacts the rest of the team like the cloying miasma of a fetid malarial swamp.  Just ask the Bears.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Jay Cutler happened.

Yes, I know he had a great game.  But the mere presence of the stink of Jay Cutler still impacts the rest of the team like the cloying miasma of a fetid malarial swamp.  Just ask the Bears.

Amen to this.  The shame of it is that Cutler had the physical talent to be an all-time great but his oversized ego overshowed his physical gifts.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Amen to this.  The shame of it is that Cutler had the physical talent to be an all-time great but his oversized ego overshowed his physical gifts.

modern day jeff George..... and both consistently held a job becuz of the "what ifs" related to the bazooka hanging off their right shoulder.