Saints Fan Stopping By

KreweDeDrew

1 hour ago, KreweDeDrew said:

What's up y'all, Saints die-hard here. Born and raised in New Orleans and have been a saints fans through the good years and the bad. Ive enjoyed glancing around y'all's site and want to say that the Bills have been one of my favorite AFC teams to watch and cheer for since I was young, when they aren't playing the Saints of course.

Im looking forward to the game this weekend and think it will be a good one.

Welcome.

I HOPE it's going to be a good one, as I think that's the best chance the Bills have. If it's a blowout, I'm afraid your boys will take the prize. I'm not know as a negative poster, but I try to be realistic---and the Bills don't match up well against the Saints, IMO. Hopefully (for us) home field advantage, and opportunistic football (turnovers) give us a shot. IMO, this is a big test for this team, and the new regime. See if they can bounce back from a horrible effort against Miami.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Welcome.

I HOPE it's going to be a good one, as I think that's the best chance the Bills have. If it's a blowout, I'm afraid your boys will take the prize. I'm not know as a negative poster, but I try to be realistic---and the Bills don't match up well against the Saints, IMO. Hopefully (for us) home field advantage, and opportunistic football (turnovers) give us a shot. IMO, this is a big test for this team, and the new regime. See if they can bounce back from a horrible effort against J.E.T.S

fixed it for you...B-)

agree with most all of your post, seems plausible. but I'm leaning towards a win 24-23. they may give brees at tough time and come away 5-0 at home...afro.gif

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hope it’s a good one. I hope that the Bills thoroughly dominate them. That will make next week great!! A loss will be a disaster. 

Well, duh, Kirby. I just don't think that's a likely outcome. But yes, that's my preferred option, as well. 

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fixed it for you...B-)

agree with most all of your post, seems plausible. but I'm leaning towards a win 24-23. they may give brees at tough time and come away 5-0 at home...afro.gif

How did I screw that up? 

My bad. Thanks for the save.

2 hours ago, KreweDeDrew said:

What's up y'all, Saints die-hard here. Born and raised in New Orleans and have been a saints fans through the good years and the bad. Ive enjoyed glancing around y'all's site and want to say that the Bills have been one of my favorite AFC teams to watch and cheer for since I was young, when they aren't playing the Saints of course.

Im looking forward to the game this weekend and think it will be a good one. In years past I would immediately chalk this up as a loss considering a few things; road game, cold weather, our defense, and our lack of a running game. This Saints team appears to be different this year though. Sean is relying on the run and taking pressure off of an aging Drew and since Dennis Allen has made some personel and scheme changes after weeks 1 and 2 the D has been playing lights out. We are 3-1 on the road and surprisingly our only road loss was in a dome up in Minnesota. 

The major improvement this year has been the defense IMO. And my argument against anyone who uses the "look who they've played" argument is that in the last 3 seasons our defense has made average and backup QB's look like prowlers. This year we are not and IMO that speaks volumes about the D's improvement. God defenses take care of lesser opponents. 

If y'all's D line can slow down the run and force Drew to air it out and get some pressure on him I think this will be a very close game. This Saints team this year is built for games like this and I'm of course hoping we can come out with a W. 

If Tyrod plays well and can extend plays with his legs I think that could potentially give the Saints D some issues, especially with the addition of Benjamin to y'all's O.  Im excited to see Lattimore go up against another of the top receivers in the league.

With all that being said, my prediction fo this game is 27-24 Saints. I think the game will be close throughout and it will come down to one or two possessions and i'll give the nod to Drew to pull through. Looking forward to hearing some responses and some good debate.

Good Luck boys and Go Saints!

You'll find some homers here but I'm certainly not questioning what the Saints are doing and the next gen starts and advanced metrics certainly back up the Saints great run with the #2 overall offense and top 15 defense.

And losing to division leaders and contenders early on like the Pats and Vikings is nothing to be ashamed about.

A stat you may or may not be aware of that should have your fellow Saints fans excited is the previous two teams to start 0-2 and win 6 or more straight games went on to win the superbowl (1993 Cowboys and 2007 Giants, the former beat our very own Bills in our last championship game appearance and the latter beat ruined the Pats undefeated season). So I'd say this year's Saints team is in pretty good company and well on their way to good things.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

I'll say this also, the weather is calling for 40s and a snowy rain mix. Having been to many games in this weather even the best QB's have issues there so I wouldn't expect either team to necessarily being ripping passes deep all game. I would expect a game more 20-17 for whoever wins.

I played my college lacrosse on northern half of the east coast so I can attest to that. It's miserable to play in.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fixed it for you...B-)

Hoping the game ends in our favor but we shall see. Bills have a great fan base and New Era should be rocking. 

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I always forget. Are you the "Who dey" or the "Who dat" fellas? Either way, I'm predicting dat dey gon lose 34-20 to our Bills!

But just to play nice we can all talk bad about Rob Ryan

The Ryan brothers are cancer. I'm glad both of our teams rid themselves of those two. 

1 hour ago, KreweDeDrew said:

Sadly i played Division II so no but... eff Hogan and the Pats.

Interesting.  A D-2 quality laxer from Louisiana.  You must be a youngster.  May I ask where you played?  I did 2 years under Werhum at Herkimer CC, and then 2 years at Nazareth as a M/LSM.  Coach varsity in Vermont now.

and agreed...f hogan and the pats.

I played my college lacrosse on northern half of the east coast so I can attest to that. It's miserable to play in.

Hoping the game ends in our favor but we shall see. Bills have a great fan base and New Era should be rocking. 

The Ryan brothers are cancer. I'm glad both of our teams rid themselves of those two. 

I'd liken them more to herpes. 

My guess is the Saints win this one going away. Say maybe nine points.

We'll see.

EDIT: Wow, was looking up some stuff about the Saints and saw that thing about Jon Dorebos and his heart surgery. I"m not on here anywhere near as often as I used to be and I'd missed that. Always seemed to be a great guy when here in Buffalo. Best wishes to him.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, KreweDeDrew said:

Sadly i played Division II so no but... eff Hogan and the Pats.

Hey,

That's the kind of post that'll make you friends around here.

☑️ Hates Ryan brothers

☑️ Hates Hogan

☑️ Hates Pats

☑️ Diehard of a (mostly) perrenial loser

I think you may have been a Bills fan in a past life. I hope you wallow in sorrow this Sunday right around 4pm though.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

EDIT: Wow, was looking up some stuff about the Saints and saw that thing about Jon Dorebos and his heart surgery. I"m not on here anywhere near as often as I used to be and I'd missed that. Always seemed to be a great guy when here in Buffalo. Best wishes to him.

Crazy stuff. Him getting traded and the Saints Dr's likely saved his life.

49 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Hey,

That's the kind of post that'll make you friends around here.

☑️ Hates Ryan brothers

☑️ Hates Hogan

☑️ Hates Pats

☑️ Diehard of a (mostly) perrenial loser

I think you may have been a Bills fan in a past life. I hope you wallow in sorrow this Sunday right around 4pm though.

It is quite possible. With that said I wish the same upon you. Would love to heckle and have bragging rights over my friends from buffalo until we play y'all again!