Zay Jones injury update?

wnysteel

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Let Thompson play Z for a game with KB at X and Matthews in the slot. I actually think that'll be a nice mix.

Been saying that for awhile.  And then when Zay is healthy, have him start in the slot.  Get the WR corps for next year some time together. :)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Been saying that for awhile.  And then when Zay is healthy, have him start in the slot.  Get the WR corps for next year some time together. :)

Zay was the leading receiver last week and has had two straight performances where he's shown improvement.  He has shown tremendous route running especially on the touchdown grab and the play he got hurt.  Smoked the guy, only reason he was stopped is because of the trip.  If we give up on our young players this early into their career, we might as well never draft a player ever.  Let the guy develop, he clearly has the route running and speed to be on the outside.  Don't give up on him so quick.  He's just starting to come into his own.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Edited by Buffalo30

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Zay was the leading receiver last week and has had two straight performances where he's shown improvement.  He has shown tremendous route running especially on the touchdown grab and the play he got hurt.  Smoked the guy, only reason he was stopped is because of the trip.  If we give up on our young players this early into their career, we might as well never draft a player ever.  Let the guy develop...

Well to be fair, he didn't look very good early-on, dropping routine catches.  I think many (including myself) were disappointed but now see that he's coming around and that he needs more PT. 

Now, I like Matthews, but I think he'll want more than the Bills will want to pay and thus will be gone, so it makes sense to "start" Zay at the Y position and see how he does.  If they can re-sign Thompson before next season then the top-3 WR's (4 if you count/keep Holmes) are set and not a need in FA or the draft. 

43 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

What about a wheel? I always thought that if I lost a foot, I'd replace it with a small wheel. 

Thinking about it, why not replace the leg with the mechanisms that Oscar Pistorius used. He’ll actually become faster. God, why aren’t we the medical staff for the bills? This is easy.