2018 Rock and Roll HOF Voting Underway

The Moody Blues are nominated for the first time (How Did That Happen). The are currently on second place behind Bon Jovi (yeah, I know Bills fans) but ahead of Dire Straits, The Cars and others. IMO the Moodies should have been in The Hall 2 decades ago.

Anyway, just go to https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Vzs3L_yW-0tKlu and you can cast your vote for 5 nominees every day.

Go Moody Blues!

Sham, which is unfortunate.

They need to change the name to Music Hall of Fame.

Then they need to change it again to Legends of Music Museum - which, from what I hear, is the most accurate representation. 

There's nothing wrong with having a Legends of Music Museum; I actually think it's awesome and plan to go, someday.

But to call it a Hall of Fame is, in my opinion, stupid.  To call it the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - this is actually a fact - is REALLY stupid.

1 hour ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Not sure what that is but they inspired a lot of bands who are already in the Hall.  50 years of great music while Joan Jett and Tupac are already enshrined.

The 7 albums from Days of Future Passed to Seventh Sojourn, about 99% of anything they produced that is worth listening to.

They have carried on since Seventh Sojourn, but that's mostly an embarrassment for Hall of Fame material.

If you are a fan of them, you should know this already???

They are in a tough bind though, nothing truly original and can be argued all sounds the same with some gimmicks tossed in.

I say they should be there!!!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32340

The 7 in order of best to me...

1   ISotLC

2   ToCCC

3   AQoB

4   DoFP

6  Seventh Sojourn (but side 2 is one of the best sides...)

7  EGBDF

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Sham, which is unfortunate.

They need to change the name to Music Hall of Fame.

Then they need to change it again to Legends of Music Museum - which, from what I hear, is the most accurate representation. 

There's nothing wrong with having a Legends of Music Museum; I actually think it's awesome and plan to go, someday.

But to call it a Hall of Fame is, in my opinion, stupid.  To call it the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - this is actually a fact - is REALLY stupid.

I was there over 6 years ago

Their big promotion was the "ladies of rock" exhibit, got to see outfits from Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and missed the Lady Gaga meat dress by a few days. Don't consider any of them Rock and Roll. Deserving of being in a music museum, definitely, rock in roll hall of fame no. Same with the Rap and Hip Hop artists getting in now. Music Museum (could even agree with music hall of fame which are pretty much just fancy museums anyway) sure, just have to drop the rock and roll part.

54 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I have listened to their Seventh Sojourn many times but never heard a reference to the Seven Core Albums.  I didn't even realize they weren't in the HOF until 4 or 5 years ago.  It just seemed like a no brained that they would be.

I'd much enjoy starting over and re-discovering their best years!

60s acid-rock is my favourite theme and they are right in the midst of the best of it from Britain.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Moodies are only enshrined with the Seven Core Albums, right?

How it should be... Go Now stunk and everything after Seventh was reaching imo, couple of decent tunes thrown in here or there but still reaching for the most part.

4 hours ago, Lofton80 said:

No love for Grand Funk Railroad

There are probably a number of bands that I think should go before them... Jethro Tull,  Doobie Brothers, The Guess Who, Three Dog Night.  Chubby Checker?

Just my opinion, of course.

19 minutes ago, T&C said:

How it should be... Go Now stunk and everything after Seventh was reaching imo, couple of decent tunes thrown in here or there but still reaching for the most part.

Go now was part of the British Invasion so is definitely a part of rock history.  I, for one, liked it.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Moodies and Straits have to get in, although the Rock HOF is like The Grammys. How the winners ever get to be winners, even in such a subjective thing as music, is beyond me.

I agree but I think Bon Jovi will be a shoo in.  The Hall also always inducts some obscure artist out of the clear blue.

3 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I agree but I think Bon Jovi will be a shoo in.  The Hall also always inducts some obscure artist out of the clear blue.

Yeah, he will. I don't like his music. Could care less about his Bills flirtation because he was never a threat, and all he wanted to do was own an NFL team without having the money to do it. A lot of people do like his music, which is understandable to a degree.

14 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he will. I don't like his music. Could care less about his Bills flirtation because he was never a threat, and all he wanted to do was own an NFL team without having the money to do it. A lot of people do like his music, which is understandable to a degree.

I am not a fan of BJ either although I did like a couple of their songs.  

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The Hall Of Fame is a cool place even though the selection process is kind of a joke.

I mean Joan Jett made it in and Todd Rundgren most likely never will

The vote is really a joke.  Millions of fan votes identify the top 5 nominees.  That, in turn, counts as one ballot equal to the 800 +/- voters in the committee (which includes every living member of the HOF, lending it some credibility).

I would think that fan votes would carry more weight.