Would we Trade for Garoppolo?

The juice

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

BB denying the trade for selfish reasons, instead of putting the team first...I can understand why Kraft would be upset.

The Other team he has a Huge Grudge with and will never do what he thinks will help them in the long run is the Jets 

I see him being slightly less than Kirk Cousins, which is what I call a tease quarterback. He will put up some good numbers at times but you can't count on him, will have horrendous games, too, and will very likely never be your franchise guy. Play well enough that you cannot just release him or get anything in a trade. And your coaches think they can coach him up but they can't. 

....trade based on WHAT, his proven track record?....weren't Kolb and Schaub highly coveted "must haves" based on their limited body of backup work?.....and BOTH cashed in on UFA deals only to do exactly what?.......Kolb's five time concussed noodle before the "Great Mat Attack" and Schaub redefining the "Pick Six Syndrome"  are "infatuations gone bad".....

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I see him being slightly less than Kirk Cousins, which is what I call a tease quarterback. He will put up some good numbers at times but you can't count on him, will have horrendous games, too, and will very likely never be your franchise guy. Play well enough that you cannot just release him or get anything in a trade. And your coaches think they can coach him up but they can't. 

I'd say that's the most likely scenario.  But the Niners did the right thing in my mind: they went with the "50 % chance he's another  Kirk Cousins; 30% chance he's much better than that; 20% chance he's a bust" guy rather than the known "tease" quantity of the actual Kirk Cousins.

52 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Patriots really liked him and I doubt they would have traded him to the Bills.

Exactly. You don't see many trades happen within a division, for good reason.

Dareus: another division.

LT Brown:  AFC t NFC

Garoppolo:  AFC to NFC

Ajayi:  AFC to NFC

Benjamin: NFC to AFC

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

JG is better than Cousins imo...quicker release, stronger arm.

...Cousins redefines "extortion" and "mediocrity breeding contempt"....BUT it couldn't happen to a nicer fellow than Boy Danny Snyder......hopes he tags 'em again for 44 mil........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

JG is better than Cousins imo...quicker release, stronger arm.

That's a pretty bold statement considering JG hasn't even attempted 100 passes in his NFL career and Cousins has, at times, set the league on fire; throwing for 11,000yds and 67TD in 2.5 seasons. 

Give me Kirk, who is still 29.

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

That's a pretty bold statement considering JG hasn't even attempted 100 passes in his NFL career and Cousins has, at times, set the league on fire; throwing for 11,000yds and 67TD in 2.5 seasons. 

Give me Kirk, who is still 29.

Why do anything if it's not bold...Cousins has reached his ceiling imo...Garrapolo has a chance to be great...heck, i would take Tyrod over Cousins.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Why do anything if it's not bold...Cousins has reached his ceiling imo...Garrapolo has a chance to be great.

That's fair. You may be right.

Cousins to me is already an elite passer; his numbers prove it. JG is only 3 years younger, too.

10 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Not saying they would have, but I would have offered our 1st rounder from the Chiefs...maybe they would have taken the higher pick, maybe not.

Considering there is a very good chance the 1st rnd  Chiefs pick and 2nd rnd 49ers picks may be back to back or one pick between them it is likely Pats would not have accepted the Chiefs pick for Graps considering also they do not want Buffalo to have him in division.

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I wouldn't have.  You only have a limited amount of tape for him.  I'm not convinced he is a good player and not a product of an elite system in NE

Exactly. I don't understand the fascination with a guy who has played all of six quarters and will require a substantial amount of money to sign. Would rather draft a cheaper alternative.

Niners are in kind of a weird situation here - you're 0-8, losing today, keeping pace game-for-game with the Browns for the #1 pick.  Play Jimmy G. and you'll probably win a couple games even if he isn't that great (because that's how rough CJ Beathard has been).  But you want to see if Jimmy G. is worth that big contract extension you're contemplating. Or do you keep him sitting so that he remains a largely unknown quantity to hold the bidding down?

Why does the name Matt Cassel come to mind?  Only Cassel had a larger body of work to evaluate when he was traded.  Have a hard time buying into Pats** QB castoffs; too many expect NE backup QB's will have Tom Brady magic.

Jimmy G played the first two games, and yeah was 2-0, but very lucky.  Pats** should have lost the first game, but Arizona couldn't execute the field goal snap at the end of the 4th.