Raise your hand if you watched your 2 favorite teams get blown out in span of 3 days!

YoloinOhio

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Credit to Iowa though of course. 

I am kind of sick of Ohio State & Urban Meyer.  I had a feeling if they won out the committee was going to screw another team & put Ohio State in the playoff.  I had a feeling that team would of been Oklahoma this year even though they beat the Buckeyes.  & before you say I am crazy, remember a few years ago when the Buckeyes won the NC they totally screwed TCU by bumping Ohio State over them at the last minute.  That was complete crap.  So I am glad they got their second loss.  I am also glad PSU got their second loss.  Looks like the Big 10 will be shutout this year. 

I'm with you on that one...only it goes across many sports.

After the Bills beat down and knowing what a **** show the Gators are right now I decided to have a football free weekend (the FL/Mizz score showed I made a good decision).

But the Magic and Sabres have both had some blowout losses in that time, too. 

There's a very legitimate possibility that I am a curse.

49 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I am kind of sick of Ohio State & Urban Meyer.  I had a feeling if they won out the committee was going to screw another team & put Ohio State in the playoff.  I had a feeling that team would of been Oklahoma this year even though they beat the Buckeyes.  & before you say I am crazy, remember a few years ago when the Buckeyes won the NC they totally screwed TCU by bumping Ohio State over them at the last minute.  That was complete crap.  So I am glad they got their second loss.  I am also glad PSU got their second loss.  Looks like the Big 10 will be shutout this year. 

You can blame the Big 12 for TCU not getting in in 2014. They didn’t have a Conference championship in place and one of the criteria in tiebreakers is “championships won.” The Big 12 did not name champion that year between tcu and baylor. That said, if OSU had won in a close game in the big 10 championship game that year, I don’t think they would have gotten in. The fact they won 59-0 had a lot to do with that one.

Edited by YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You can blame the Big 12 for TCU not getting in in 2014. They didn’t have a Conference championship in place and one of the criteria in tiebreakers is “championships won.” The Big 12 did not name champion that year between tcu and baylor. That said, if OSU had won in a close game in the big 10 championship game that year, I don’t think they would have gotten in. The fact they won 59-0 had a lot to do with that one.

I understand that point but TCU played that last weekend also & beat Iowa State 55-3.  The week before they beat Texas at Texas 48-10.  Also the only game they loss was to Baylor at Baylor by 3.  They were also 4th going into the final weekend.  There is no way Ohio St should of leaped frogged them in that final weekend based on the results.  What did they want TCU to do beat Iowa St. 100-3????   Oh yeah they also beat a very good Ole Miss team in the Peach Bowl that year 42-3.  I still TCU say TCU was the best team in the country that year. 

33 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I understand that point but TCU played that last weekend also & beat Iowa State 55-3.  The week before they beat Texas at Texas 48-10.  Also the only game they loss was to Baylor at Baylor by 3.  They were also 4th going into the final weekend.  There is no way Ohio St should of leaped frogged them in that final weekend based on the results.  What did they want TCU to do beat Iowa St. 100-3????   Oh yeah they also beat a very good Ole Miss team in the Peach Bowl that year 42-3.  I still TCU say TCU was the best team in the country that year. 

The problem was the committee sticking to its criteria.it is the reason why the big 12 re-instituted it’s championship game this year. Oklahoma will benefit if it wins out.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The problem was the committee sticking to its criteria.it is the reason why the big 12 re-instituted it’s championship game this year. Oklahoma will benefit if it wins out.

Anything that quickens the increase to 8 playoff teams (hence....more great football) is just fine with me! 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Yes it was a tremendous game and came down to the last minute. I guess people love to watch tOSU go down. 

Yolo, Get off this topic; and do it now! Your continuous self-flagellation is a sign of masochistic tendencies. Your wounds can't heal if you continue to pick at the scabs. You set yourself up for self-loathing when you became a Bills fan and then added another layer of misery by being so invested with the Buckeyes. In war backing off in some battles can not only be a smart tactic but also a good strategic move. I am a very empathetic fellow and I worry about your wellbeing. Constant fretting and an entrenched malaise is a matter you need to address with professional help. I feel your pain, somewhat.:ph34r:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.