Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Damn Trans....this forum is extremely important to you isn't it?

Nah, I'm here less than a lot of posters who seem to just be here for quips and one liners as you, jmc and Shady are doing right on cue in a series of posts irrelevant to the topic in the thread.

But when I do come here, I like a serious and substantive discussion.

If that's bad, I'm sorry.

You're apparently reading what I wrote as some kind of meltdown. It's not. It's part of a year and a half of logical fallacies by Thurm.

All good, brah. Surf's more important, and now that I'm done with my coffee, that's where I'm headed :flirt:

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Nah, I'm here less than a lot of posters who seem to just be here for quips and one liners as you, jmc and Shady are doing right on cue in a series of posts irrelevant to the topic in the thread.

But when I do come here, I like a serious and substantive discussion.

If that's bad, I'm sorry.

You're apparently reading what I wrote as some kind of meltdown. It's not. It's part of a year and a half of logical fallacies by Thurm.

All good, brah. Surf's more important, and now that I'm done with my coffee, that's where I'm headed :flirt:

It seems it's more of a bickering match with you and yes, we know it's serious for you.  

I do more than just one liners as well and contribute in other threads.  I just don't as much in Taylor threads because how much more can you really add that already hasn't been beaten to death?  So I'll admit, I don't take Taylor threads serious anymore.   I do talk about other positional players too....

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems it's more of a bickering match with you and yes, we know it's serious for you.  

I do more than just one liners as well and contribute in other threads.  I just don't as much in Taylor threads because how much more can you really add that already hasn't been beaten to death?  So I'll admit, I don't take Taylor threads serious anymore.   I do talk about other positional players too....

that he seldom ever does.

is that a one liner?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Taylor doesn't have problems throwing to the intermediate middle third period  He has 110.4 rating to the intermediate middle third this season.  He threw 5 completions there just last week.  As for the deep middle.  Yeah, he doesn't throw there often.  No QB does.  He was however throwing there when Clay was healthy.  Right now I don't think they have many routes there with Clay out.

No sense in trying to explain...Tyrod has done everything this season he was previously criticized for not doing (throwing over the middle, being a pocket passer, leading a late 4th qtr comeback) including by me...people knocking him now are just throwing anything at the wall and hoping it sticks imo...the only thing left for him to do now is get his team to the playoffs imo....but it's important for people to remember that not even franchise QBs get their teams to the playoffs all the time.

Edited by JaCrispy

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Taylor doesn't have problems throwing to the intermediate middle third period  He has 110.4 rating to the intermediate middle third this season.  He threw 5 completions there just last week.  As for the deep middle.  Yeah, he doesn't throw there often.  No QB does.  He was however throwing there when Clay was healthy.  Right now I don't think they have many routes there with Clay out.

....definitely has been an area of improvement in 2017 WHEN or IF Dennison allows him to do so.......he is reminding me of Fairchild in his inconsistent ineptitude with play calling....

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So why do you even come in the Taylor threads?

Does this place mean that much to you that you even have to post in threads you don't actually want to discuss anymore? 0:)

40 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So why do you even come in the Taylor threads?

Does this place mean that much to you that you even have to post in threads you don't actually want to discuss anymore? 0:)

....poor guy is probably confused....there are only 38,754 threads discussing the same damn thing (YAWN) and he lost track of which ones he had read or posted to...probably over budget on his Excedrin expenditure.....give it up.................

58 minutes ago, stuvian said:

does anyone in their right mind think that we would have traded for Benjamin if Terry and Kim didn't think we had a legit QB?

Your funny, a legit QB.

You do realize that Tyrod is on pace to do exactly what he did to Rex his first season, not good enough.

Nov12th2015 Bills were 5-4, Bills better win or Rex with Tyrod year 1 is the exact same as McD with Tyrod year 1, not good enough. Legit QB, your funny, more like legit no playoffs again wishing for a legit QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

does anyone in their right mind think that we would have traded for Benjamin if Terry and Kim didn't think we had a legit QB?

Um, me. 

Or rather, it depends what you mean by a legit QB. If you mean a franchise QB, I definitely think the Benjamin deal isn't dependent on them thinking Tyrod is a franchise guy.

Benjamin's under contract for another year and could be re-signed beyond that. And he's young. No reason whatsoever to think that if he doesn't make Tyrod a franchise guy this year then he failed.

The guy is 26 years old.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2017 at 7:14 AM, section122 said:

I like how you used the English language there.  Very impressive.  

By saying double, quadruple, etc.. you make it seem like a huge difference.  Instead of saying 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, or even at most 14 more throws you used the multiplier which makes the difference seem much greater than it is.  Then you picked the most extreme example of 4.8 to .5 nicely ignoring that 3 of the guys are within 1.5% and even your extreme outlier is only 4.3% more.  Then you pull 1/20 or 1/200.  4.3% better odds would be the difference between 1/20 or 1.86/20.  

I'll put it to you another way.  Your "vast difference" between .5% and 4.8% means that Taylor would need to have attempted 12 total throws to be at 5%.  So 11 more throws over his 236 attempts would make him the leader in the category.  As Transplant pointed out though it isn't a throw qbs make often as 11 total throws would be more than everyone on your list save for Brady.  The likely GOAT QB throwing to the likely GOAT TE.  Shocker that they throw that more than anyone else in the league...

btw his 236 attempts are 23-73 less throws than the other guys, is that also a vast difference?  That is anywhere from 9% and 23% more throws. 

*started celebrating being out of work already, numbers subject to me being slightly under the influence :lol:0:)

Thanks. I used the English language to communicate. And I succeeded, for the reason that Brady does indeed throw to the deep middle at a rate nearly 10 times higher than Tyrod. That's a fact.

And as for the idea that deep throws aren't important because they don't happen all that often, that is a butt-stupid argument. Butt-stupid. Deep throws are extremely important, to both offenses and defenses, which is why many teams are looking for a deep threat every year. Will that deep threat only make a difference if they throw deep to him on half the plays? That argument is missing the point, and not by a little bit.

Brady's only gone deep, according to espn, 43 times this year. He goes short much much more often. Does that mean his deep throws mean nothing? No, just the opposite. They're wildly important. They have a high probability of being major chunk plays or TDs. They're not that frequent but you don't know when they're coming. They move the safeties back and make running and short passes easier on every single play. 

So of course if you then divide that number, 43, up three ways for each third of the deep field, your total numbers will be small. But no serious fan should think those numbers unimportant because they're small. It's like thinking gold and platinum are unimportant because they're hard to find and rare.

Tyrod having thrown only once to the entire deep middle third out of all of his 2017 throws (Thanks again for letting me know, Transie) is giving the defenses a precious gift. They know they don't have to worry much about that whole area. When a receiver fakes a deep post on a fly route, the DB knows it's either a fake or a route to an area the QB doesn't throw to and that you can wait a step or two to respond. Tyrod gives defenses a major advantage with this behavior. Tyrod's gone deep 29 times and only one of them to the middle. This helps defenses deal with Bills deep passes much more easily.

Extremely clear tendencies like this are a gift to the defense.

Edited by Thurman#1

23 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So you're saying Taylor's still our starter in 2018?

Interesting... was that a slip? You certainly seem like a poster who thinks he's about to be replaced :flirt:

I absolutely think he SHOULD be replaced, but this is the Bills we're talking about - the same team that decided a CB was a better pick this year than the best looking QB to come out in a decade. I think it's highly likely the Bills try to have their cake and eat it too next year. I'm fully prepared for a (trade up in the second or 3rd round to grab the 5th best prospect) type of scenario that makes Taylor the guy by default. 

Taylor is a virtual lock to be here in 2018, barring a complete implosion. Medicority wins the day - look no further than Miami, Cinci, Minnesota, Chicago, Jacksonville, etc for other prime examples. I don't hate Taylor - I just wish he was a player he can never be. It's not his fault that he'll never be Russel Wilson. Anything less simply isn't good enough.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like I thought you would, you cling to a false argument.

Too bad you don't read because all these arguments have been addressed and debunked. I'll just copy and paste some stuff.

Brady is the highest of highs... and even he doesn't crack 5% of all of his throws to the deep middle of the field.

Yeah, Brady's thrown to the deep middle 14 more times than Taylor on 100 more charted attempts.

How about Rivers who's thrown to the deep middle just 5 more times than Taylor on 77 more charted attempts?

Or Cousins who's thrown to the deep middle just 4 more times than Taylor on 59 more charted attempts?

Or Dak who's thrown to the deep middle just 3 more times than Taylor on 50 more charted attempts?

It's idiotic that you really believe there's really some significant difference between 1/209, 6/286, 5/268, or 4/259.

Again, same argument from Transie, and again, it's dumb. Yeah, Brady's thrown both deep and to the deep middle a lot less frequently than he's thrown short. Same with everyone else. 

Folks, pretending that deep throws only affect the defense on plays when the offense actually throws deep is missing the point. They have to defend the deep middle against Brady. Knowing Brady's thrown it there there 15 times out of his 43 deep throws you know you absolutely have to defend it. That affects your safeties on every play and your CBs on every pass play. Whereas with Tyrod throwing there one time out of 29 deep throws and 236 total throws you know you can move your safeties towards the horseshoe area where he actually does throw, short and towards the sides as you get towards the intermediate and deep areas.

When 28 of 29 deep throws are to the outside thirds, the defense says, "Thank you for the tendency, Tyrod."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Again, same argument from Transie, and again, it's dumb. Yeah, Brady's thrown both deep and to the deep middle a lot less frequently than he's thrown short. Same with everyone else. 

Folks, pretending that deep throws only affect the defense on plays when the offense actually throws deep is missing the point. They have to defend the deep middle against Brady. Knowing Brady's thrown it there there 15 times out of his 43 deep throws you know you absolutely have to defend it. That affects your safeties on every play and your CBs on every pass play. Whereas with Tyrod throwing there one time out of 29 deep throws and 236 total throws you know you can move your safeties towards the horseshoe area where he actually does throw, short and towards the sides as you get towards the intermediate and deep areas.

When 28 of 29 deep throws are to the outside thirds, the defense says, "Thank you for the tendency, Tyrod."

It also matters that deep middle of the field plays are usually massive plays. We're talking about huge 3rd down pickups: does anyone feel safe when Brady/Rodgers/Wilson/Roethlisberger have 3rd & 16? When taylor has 3rd and 7 I'm already hitting the bathroom to beat the crowds before the punt. Those deep middle plays are also game winning drives, of which Taylor has 2 in his entire career. The aforementioned QBs seem to make these plays weekly, even if the frequency is less. When the chips are down, they have nerves of steel. Taylor just doesn't have what it takes to be anything more than an electric runner that drops down to a game manager mean. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1