Assigning Blame

After wins we do the game balls, I thought it would be fun (or not fun) to divide up the blame after a loss. The point isnt to necessarily what was worst (tackling) but what most impacted the outcome (offensive coaching and line play). Hopefully, we dont have too many more of these. Ill go first:

- Rico 30%

- OL 25%

- DL 25%

- Tackling 10%

- McDermott 5%

- Turnovers 5%

So from my standpoint the offense shoulders the majority of the blame. They were dominated up front, had no answers. The game plan was not good. The pass rush was nonexistent on the other side of the ball and tackling bad. The Bills werent prepared and made some mistakes but I cut them some slack on the short week.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So we get torched for 200 yards on the ground and assign top blame on the offensive coordinator lol.

The DL was almost as high. You are entitled to your opinion. That was the point of the thread.

Mr. Offensive Line Coach

That guy needs to go.

Yeah, I kind of lumped it under Rico but Castillo shares a giant portion of that 30%.

It seemed to be a somewhat heartless effort. Guys just seemed to be going through the motions. To me, the blame for that goes collectively to the leaders, which would be:

McDermott

Kyle Williams

Tyrod Taylor

The guys charged with holding people accountable did not do their jobs.

It seemed to be a somewhat heartless effort. Guys just seemed to be going through the motions. To me, the blame for that goes collectively to the leaders, which would be:

McDermott

Kyle Williams

Tyrod Taylor

The guys charged with holding people accountable did not do their jobs.

Thats an interesting way to look at it. I think there is some validity there.

Ha Ha, yeah I thought that I was going to get crushed for only having the OL at 25%. They were thoroughly atrocious yesterday.

They were not good but in the moments they did well, someone else failed to step up. Honestly, you could probably give every unit the same share of the blame.

Ha Ha, yeah I thought that I was going to get crushed for only having the OL at 25%. They were thoroughly atrocious yesterday.

says so much about that poster that I already had come to know anyways..... jets run d has been awful all year and we couldn't run. jets had 11 sacks ALL FREAKING SEASON and the pocket routinely COLLAPSED around our qb. easily the worst performance I've seen from them in a long time. that was a bad jets defense that absolutely MAN HANDLED our guys up front.

that being said. everyone sucked. just a complete implosion. but unlike most around here, the sky isn't falling for me. big game at home next week. a winnable one I think.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

It sure did feel like the Bills were playing a "pro-Bowl" type game - just going through the motions.

The O line SUCKED and the Defense apparently, thought the game was not until Sunday...

It sure did feel like the Bills were playing a "pro-Bowl" type game - just going through the motions.

The O line SUCKED and the Defense apparently, thought the game was not until Sunday...

When you are physically dominated it usually looks like the other side isn't trying. Don't confuse results with effort.

They were not good but in the moments they did well, someone else failed to step up. Honestly, you could probably give every unit the same share of the blame.

What moments did they do well? They were DOMINATED from the start.

says so much about that poster that I already had come to know anyways..... jets run d has been awful all year and we couldn't run. jets had 11 sacks ALL FREAKING SEASON and the pocket routinely COLLAPSED around our qb. easily the worst performance I've seen from them in a long time. that was a bad jets defense that absolutely MAN HANDLED our guys up front.

that being said. everyone sucked. just a complete implosion. but unlike most around here, the sky isn't falling for me. big game at home next week. a winnable one I think.

If they win next week they are back on track IMO. It is kind of a must win to me though. They needed at least 1 of these 2.

After wins we do the game balls, I thought it would be fun (or not fun) to divide up the blame after a loss. The point isnt to necessarily what was worst (tackling) but what most impacted the outcome (offensive coaching and line play). Hopefully, we dont have too many more of these. Ill go first:

- Rico 30%

- OL 25%

- DL 25%

- Tackling 10%

- McDermott 5%

- Turnovers 5%

So from my standpoint the offense shoulders the majority of the blame. They were dominated up front, had no answers. The game plan was not good. The pass rush was nonexistent on the other side of the ball and tackling bad. The Bills werent prepared and made some mistakes but I cut them some slack on the short week.

I think the Bills offense was outschemed from play one onward, so I can't argue with this. I actually thought Taylor played well overall, akin to the besieged troops at the Alamo. He had no chance on so many of those sacks, and many of those sacks were a product of a better scheme on the defensive side. Dennison did not attack the five-man fronts with quick passing designs until way too late. I'd put turnovers higher because they arguably cost the Bills 6 points on offense and 7 points on defense (they lost by 13 points). The first two fumbles were lost in FG territory, and Taylor's fumble (essentially garbage time, but still) led to 7 points for the Jets.

By the way, Leonard Williams is a monster. He is the best player in that draft as judged per the position he plays (that is, I'd still take a qb over him): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft. He is basically unblockable.