What Seattle gave up for Brown and how it relates to Glenn

I agree that probably just in time, Glenn made his value known to the team and when others started asking, they set the bar really high believing it wouldn't be met but if so....then they would take a long, hard look to see the return value. They are building for the future, I don't think there's anyway to interpret their actions in any other light, but they're not stupid either - at least they haven't shown us they are - and saavy, which is nice to say about a Bills FO. So, I think they decided short of a true "haul", they were content to see Glenn back next year and keep moving forward.

I was reading through a twitter thread where in someone claiming to know somebody who knows somebody said we were definitely shopping Glenn. Obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but if that was the case, I feel that we knew Glenn was good at a crucial position lacking depth league wide, and thus could fetch a high price. And if they were shopping Glenn, I credit the FO in not lowering their price just to move the guy.

So why would we trade one of our best players, yet again?

Unless there is something I missed it isn't like Glenn was a malcontent or the team was 1-7. I think if the team was 1-7 and a mess you could justify dumping Glenn if you got a really good deal like a 1st and 4th, get good picks and free up some cap space for a team that isn't going anywhere. But at 5-2 why would you trade away a well liked player who has been huge in reviving your offensive line? It made no sense. Just because a player is on a big contract doesn't mean you trade him.