THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - A Day to Remember

Shaw66

Great stuff, man. Thanks for taking the time.

Was this a weekly tradition on BBMB? If so, I'm glad it carried over.

Go Bills!

Shaw was a cornerstone at BBMB and one of the few things that made the place better. You waited every week for the Rockpile Review.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin and I walked to the car, and all I could think was how great this is. This a real team. No idea how far theyre going, but its a real team, a team that isnt easy to beat because they wont beat themselves.

This has definitely been true this season. However, we had far too many penalties in this last game. But overall, the penalties and dumb mistakes are way down compared to the prior two seasons.

OP: you said you think there's a big difference between the upper deck crowd and the lower. How so?

I prefer the lower bowl because I like being closer to the field and benches. Just a preference. But I can tell you, I leave with a sore throat, scream on third downs (on defense obviously) and never sit down. Nobody sits, except maybe at half time. And the chick next to me was stone cold drunk all day. So what difference do you perceive?

OP, that was an awesome write up. I read this forum everyday, and RARELY post.

I am from Indiana, a 30+ yrs Bills fan. Family and work make it difficult for me to make it to home games, I have only been to 3.....all loses! The first one being the opening day last second TD (not TD) by Jacksonville, the last being the Kevin Everett game.

As I read your post, about the game, the trip home, I could just imagine how great of a feeling that must have been!!

As I said, I am in a situation that i cannot attend a lot of home games, but trust me... people in Buffalo..the struggles for the last few (17) years are felt just as hard from a distance. But, to be able to feel the joy of not only a win, in person, but possibly a resurgence of Bills football is something that i would love to be able to experience with y"all!!

There is love for the Bills WAY farther away than the Buffalo area, and to be able to read something this "feel good" kinda makes me ......feel good!

There is a lot of nit-picking and bickering on this board, but you Buffalo folks should feel GREAT to be able to experience these things first hand!!! Imagine being a Bills fan in the middle of Indiana that doesn't even know another Bills fan to talk to!!!!!!

Imagine having the love for the Bills and can't even have an intelligent conversation about them!! The best conversation I have had about them is when I went to Panama City Beach this past September. with the bartender!! (Shuckem's!...great dude!)

And thanks again Shaw...your write up is one of the things i look forward to every week!

ROCK ON BILLS!!!!

And the Bills are not turning it over because McDermott, apparently daily and maybe even hourly, is demanding that they not turn it over.

This is actually one of the good things that has carried over from the Rex era. I think it has more to do with Taylor and McCoy though.

I am from Indiana, a 30+ yrs Bills fan. Family and work make it difficult for me to make it to home games, I have only been to 3.....all loses! The first one being the opening day last second TD (not TD) by Jacksonville, the last being the Kevin Everett game.

The Everett game was my first ever Bills game. Flew out from California.

Like i had said, that was only my 3rd game in Buffalo...the previous 2 also being loses...but the mood in the camper lot that evening was very dim. Not for the game, but for THEIR player. Made me LOVE the fans in Buffalo!

Trust me, all of the Colts "fans" in Indy are horrible!!! You wouldn't believe how many times I have heard, "They barely made it to the playoffs, I"m not renewing my season tickets!!"

SERIOUSLY!!! No concept of being a true fan!

This is actually one of the good things that has carried over from the Rex era. I think it has more to do with Taylor and McCoy though.

Peter King said McD drives the players nuts about giveaways.

LOL. It's fun watching them suck now.

You have NO idea!!! PEYTON, PEYTON, PEYTON....and then the fall into Luck!!! It has been miserable living in the middle of that being a Bills fan. But funny to watch as they will all tell you, they have been Colts fans since day 1!! BS!! Nobody was a Colts fan in 1984!!!

And the first year they struggle to make the playoffs, here come the "Well, i used to be a Steelers fan.....so I'm going back to that." HAHA!

TSchopp and the Bulldog kept coming back to their belief that the Bills cant expect to continue winning the takeover-giveaway stats, they cant expect their luck to continue.

Gee, I feel like I've read that concept here recently.

It's all just luck and it can't continue and then you'll all see how right I am to be miserable about this lucky, lucky team!