The Bills have not been 6-2 since 1993

T-Bomb

What would it mean to you as a fan of the franchise if they reach that mark?

For me personally, I would be impressed with the new coaching staff. Impressed with the ability to partially dismantle a team while fairing better than previous retread coaches who had more talent.

I think it would show me just how dysfunctional all those previous regimes truly were, that a first time GM and coach can come in and have this that kind of success right away with just a "culture change".

I would feel even worse about the Ralph Wilson years. I very much Respect Ralph Wilson for making sure the Bills stayed in Buffalo, but tbh, it's looking more & more like he was a terrible owner.

Of course, if they lose the Jets game, it's "Same Old Bills"!

I agree with lost except the Ralph Wilson part. He spent a ton of money and a ton of energy trying to make this team good again. Hiring and firing coaches and gms every few years. He made some bad decisions. But honestly, many teams in the NFL are the same. Everyone is bad and spinning their tires until they find the right guy.

I agree with lost except the Ralph Wilson part. He spent a ton of money and a ton of energy trying to make this team good again. Hiring and firing coaches and gms every few years. He made some bad decisions. But honestly, many teams in the NFL are the same. Everyone is bad and spinning their tires until they find the right guy.

When he stated that he would only hire coaches that he knew... I mean, c'mon. Sounds like he was a great guy, but for the most part, he presided over a loser franchise.

Ralph got lucky with Bill Polian, that's about all he did as an owner that was good for winning.

When he stated that he would only hire coaches that he knew... I mean, c'mon. Sounds like he was a great guy, but for the most part, he presided over a loser franchise.

Ralph got lucky with Bill Polian, that's about all he did as an owner that was good for winning.

and the Steelers got lucky with Knox, Cowher, and Tomlin. Even the Browns fired the great Bill Belicheck after a short period. The Jets fired Carroll. Andry Reid in Philly. We could go on an on about this. At the end of the day, Sometimes teams get lucky and pick the right guy. Most times they don't pick the right guy. Edited by mrags

and the Steelers got lucky with Knox, Cowher, and Tomlin. Even the Browns fired the great Bill Belicheck after a short period. The Jets fired Carroll. Andry Reid in Philly. We could go on an on about this. At the end of the day, Sometimes teams get lucky and pick the right guy. Most times they don't pick the right guy.

Hmm, Steelers are very bad comparison. Steelers are not "lucky", they are a pragmatic organization.

The better comparisons:

Belichick lucked out with Brady

Carroll lucked out with Wilson

For the Patriots, what will be interesting to see is where they go post Brady. If they are an organization like the Steelers, they will keep winning, somehow finding a franchise QB.

Edited by T-Bomb

and the Steelers got lucky with Knox, Cowher, and Tomlin. Even the Browns fired the great Bill Belicheck after a short period. The Jets fired Carroll. Andry Reid in Philly. We could go on an on about this. At the end of the day, Sometimes teams get lucky and pick the right guy. Most times they don't pick the right guy.

I agree, but there is no denying the fact that minus the four Super Bowl losses, the Bills in the Wilson were consistently one of the worst NFL franchises. That doesnt happen simply by chance. It happens through bad personal moves/meddling, intense cronyism, and a tight pocketbook. Im as thankful and appreciative of Ralphs legacy as anyone here. I feel guilty even posting these facts. After all, Wilson is the reason the city of Buffalo still has a pro football team. We couldnt be having this discussion without him. God bless Ralph, but there is no way to compare his ownership to the Rooneys. Im also hesitant to crown Pegs a better owner than Wilson as the OP did. We are 5-2 seven games into his forth season as owner. He has a long way to go before achieving what Wilson did.

In the day who would have thought Marv Levy stepping in as a coach was a good thing?

Actually, Bill Polien need Levy and wanted him when he took over as GM. The Chiefs said after the fact they fired Levy too soon. It was the ideal situation where the GM and coach were on the same page.

Was Levy that great of a coach?

I remember those years of Levy being more of a father figure for the players than any kind of a mastermind coach. It was the players who were the key to any kind of winning. One of the reasons, if not THE reason they didn't win any SB's, is the coaches were just not good enough to put the players in positions to win any of those games.

Edited by T-Bomb

Was Levy that great of a coach?

I remember those years of Levy being more of a father figure for the players than any kind of a mastermind coach. It was the players who were the key to any kind of winning. One of the reasons, if not THE reason they didn't win any SB's, is the coaches were just not good enough to put the players in positions to win any of those games.

levy was a babysitter for extremely talented players. He was not a great coach and would have won at least 2 SBs had he not been out coached. The other 2 he had no shot

levy was a babysitter for extremely talented players. He was not a great coach and would have won at least 2 SBs had he not been out coached. The other 2 he had no shot

The Cowboys were simply unbeatable. Im just unwilling to completely bash Levy for the other two losses. Parcells and Gibbs are HOF coaches who made a lot of coaches look bad. Dont forget that Parcells also had our arch nemesis, the hoodie.

The Cowboys were simply unbeatable. Im just unwilling to completely bash Levy for the other two losses. Parcells and Gibbs are HOF coaches who made a lot of coaches look bad. Dont forget that Parcells also had our arch nemesis, the hoodie.

the 2nd Cowboys game was winnable. The Giants were more than winnable. Should have won. But I'm guilty of saying defense wins championships (they do) and they did that day. But we easily should have lost to the Skins and the first Boys game

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

How about if they go 6-2 but then 6-3? Same old Bills?

7-2 but then 7-3?

8-2 but then 8-3?

9-2 but then 9-3?

10-2 but then 10-3

11-2 but then 11-3?

If we are 11-3 I am figuring out which building to tear down downtown to fit McD's 100 foot golden statue.

Although - he was NOT a good enough Babysitter at the SBs.

The Bills might have won one or two of those games IF they had NOT PARTIED so hard the night BEFORE the games!

Hmm, Steelers are very bad comparison. Steelers are not "lucky", they are a pragmatic organization.

The better comparisons:

Belichick lucked out with Brady

Carroll lucked out with Wilson

For the Patriots, what will be interesting to see is where they go post Brady. If they are an organization like the Steelers, they will keep winning, somehow finding a franchise QB.

Steelers lucked into Big Ben.

The Giants SB loss was inexcusable. The others the Bills should have lost judging objectively. A backup QB for the Giants (whom you beat in the regular season) and a guy named Otis Anderson being the MVP of the game. Total meltdown and the lack of discipline Levy had for the party-boy team caught up with them. They missed their 1 real shot.