Mccoy needs a running mate

I think this has become obvious to some this year. A big back who can take some of the load off of Mccoy might extend his career and improve his efficiency. Tolbert is just a stop gap guy. This should be addressed in the offseason. I believe this is a bigger need than some people think it is. It'll keep Mccoy's legs fresh, plus this draft class is loaded with good backs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tolbert really hasnt been terrible. He is no McCoy and I definately wouldnt want Tolbert our number 1 if McCoy went down, but Tolbert has not been that bad of a change of pace back. He has picked up some key yardage. Just dont put him on sweeps or swing passes.

I agree. I keep hoping they trade for someone before the deadline. It was reported they were sniffing around for a RB.

I hope this happens too this year. I have no issues with Tolbert, he's been ok playing the role of grizzled veteran behind McCoy but we need a true change of pace guy like we had with Gillesie and Carlos Williams. No reason we can't find somebody right now with a late round pick in a trade.

I like Tolbert. I think everyone agrees -- Tolbert is good, but he's situational. If Shady is out multiple weeks, you don't want to rely on just Tolbert and DiMarco.

Taiwan Jones looked good last week but they could use someone else at HB still, I think.

Ideally next year we have rookies at QB2 and HB2 behind Tyrod and Shady.