PFF 2017 QB rankings - Taylor # 7!

JerseyBills

How would you know if you don't even know what they are?

I'll say this, you (and others) may not appreciate my consistent posting about Taylor, but when I have a conversation with someone, I'll actually read everything they say and click on links if there are any before I counter any of their arguments. This was probably just a momentary lapse for you, but it's not a good look.

A post indicated one of the passes was a duplicate. I went by their call. And it doesn't matter. Anyone here can cherry pick 6 plays where he looked bad. And anyone could do either with any QB that's ever played. It means nothing either way. If I find 6 bad plays by Brady does it mean he stinks?

Learn something about statistics.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you know if you don't even know what they are?

I'll say this, you (and others) may not appreciate my consistent posting about Taylor, but when I have a conversation with someone, I'll actually read everything they say and click on links if there are any before I counter any of their arguments. This was probably just a momentary lapse for you, but it's not a good look.

I'm a fan of TT too but he is who he is. Lets not go too far. Build a team around him and play ball. Been saying that for almost 3 years now.

Then you're Nostradamus. How do you know he hasn't earned something that's a year away? My opinion is he will but it's just a guess. And if TT continues his development, gets them deep into the playoffs this year, I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Merely expressing MY opinion that Peterman won't win a competition with TT next year that he might be starting because of injuries specifically to TT. Still do you disagree that there would be trade value with TT? We would definitely want to do explore a trade next season if we are drafting a QB high?

Merely expressing MY opinion that Peterman won't win a competition with TT next year that he might be starting because of injuries specifically to TT. Still do you disagree that there would be trade value with TT? We would definitely want to do explore a trade next season if we are drafting a QB high?

Definite trade value if Peterman pans out and/or they draft a guy day 1. TT's performance the rest of the season will dictate a lot. My gut is Peterman will show enoughto grab the job. But we'll see.

I think Peterman will be the starter next year because he'll earn the position. I think sitting and learning this year will help him, and his skill set will fit the offense. Quit assuming I have certain expectations.

TT can win and I hope he does. Ultimately Peterman to me will make a better QB.

You dont bench a qb when they are directly related to the wins of a team that makes the playoffs.....i really do not understand why you dont understand that

and TT for all those who piss and moan about him DOES directly influence the wins....they are not winning in spite of him.....he just isnt good enough to take a bad team on his shoulders and win.

He does in fact have a winning record with us....we do in fact have a winning record right now. You bench a qb doing that and you will lose the locker room.

Peterman is not going anywhere.....he is getting a really nice Rogers type chance to sit and learn behind a good qb.

You dont bench a qb when they are directly related to the wins of a team that makes the playoffs.....i really do not understand why you dont understand that

and TT for all those who piss and moan about him DOES directly influence the wins....they are not winning in spite of him.....he just isnt good enough to take a bad team on his shoulders and win.

He does in fact have a winning record with us....we do in fact have a winning record right now. You bench a qb doing that and you will lose the locker room.

Peterman is not going anywhere.....he is getting a really nice Rogers type chance to sit and learn behind a good qb.

I don't get why you don't understand teams continually seek to improve. I think the current staff has made it abundantly clear you earn your spot.

Let's say they make the playoffs this year and get beat the first round. I don't think that guarantees TTs job. All I am saying is I think Peterman will show a lot next preseason and earn his spot. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. You disagree. That's fine.

He's been a PRO for how long? You're still talking about his ceiling? This Tyrod is as good as he's ever going to get. Unless he gets help from a super-natural wideout like Sammy. Guess what we don't got Sammy. Tyrod maximized.

Alex Smith just hit his stride and hes what, 32? Started how many games?

I don't get why you don't understand teams continually seek to improve. I think the current staff has made it abundantly clear you earn your spot.

Let's say they make the playoffs this year and get beat the first round. I don't think that guarantees TTs job. All I am saying is I think Peterman will show a lot next preseason and earn his spot. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. You disagree. That's fine.

What makes you think Peterman will show a lot next season? Whats the basis for that statement exactly?

Alex Smith just hit his stride and hes what, 32? Started how many games?

What makes you think Peterman will show a lot next season? Whats the basis for that statement exactly?

I discussed above. To me Ibthink the most important attribute for an NFL QB is intelligence and ability to process information quickly. Watching him and reading about him in college, I think he has that. Seems to me he'll make good pre-snap reads and make quick smart decisions. And that to me matches what Dennison wants. I like TT. but I don't think those attributes are his strong points.

Now, what I'd love is for TT to continue playing well and improve, take them deep into the playoffs. I just am not confident that happens. I see playoffs and a round 1 exit.

A post indicated one of the passes was a duplicate. I went by their call. And it doesn't matter. Anyone here can cherry pick 6 plays where he looked bad. And anyone could do either with any QB that's ever played. It means nothing either way. If I find 6 bad plays by Brady does it mean he stinks?

Learn something about statistics.

What? Suddenly we're talking statistics? :doh:

Indy, we're talking around each other at this point.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

What? Suddenly we're talking statistics? :doh:

Indy, we're talking around each other at this point.

No we're not. You keep throwing out single plays or a few plays to buttress your argument that TT is as good as you think. That proves nothing. As I've said anyone can pull out a play or several plays that make any QB into an All Pro or a bum.

I like TT. Not as much as you though. And when you start losing an argument you change the subject. You've done it as long as I've seen you post in this subject. I think it's great you like him that much, but most of the stuff you throw out here on a regular basis doesn't prove your point.

No we're not. You keep throwing out single plays or a few plays to buttress your argument that TT is as good as you think. That proves nothing. As I've said anyone can pull out a play or several plays that make any QB into an All Pro or a bum.

I like TT. Not as much as you though. And when you start losing an argument you change the subject. You've done it as long as I've seen you post in this subject. I think it's great you like him that much, but most of the stuff you throw out here on a regular basis doesn't prove your point.

Soooo...

What exactly is my argument?

And what is the point I'm proving?

PS: You actually think this was because I thought I was losing an argument that had to do with the Bills believing Peterman, A fifth round rookie who has literally done absolutely nothing in the NFL, is a better option at QB than Taylor next year?

Soooo...

What exactly is my argument?

And what is the point I'm proving?

PS: You actually think this was because I thought I was losing an argument that had to do with the Bills believing Peterman, A fifth round rookie who has literally done absolutely nothing in the NFL, is a better option at QB than Taylor next year?

Your first post in this thread was several rankings of TT. The vast majority of what you post refers to your your incessant need to prove to everyone how good he is. And you cherry pick individual plays to prove that. You've done it for years now. We get it; you think he's good.

All I said is I think he's good, but not as good as you think. And I think Peterman might take his job next year. You're not losing an argument about Peterson. You're being told that using individual cherry picked plays to somehow prove your feelings about TT is meaningless.

Your first post in this thread was several rankings of TT. The vast majority of what you post refers to your your incessant need to prove to everyone how good he is. And you cherry pick individual plays to prove that. You've done it for years now. We get it; you think he's good.

All I said is I think he's good, but not as good as you think. And I think Peterman might take his job next year. You're not losing an argument about Peterson. You're being told that using individual cherry picked plays to somehow prove your feelings about TT is meaningless.

Boy oh boy, stick with statistics.

Posting stuff that ranks him anywhere from 7th-19th and you think I'm calling him an All-Pro. :doh:

Read the post you directly refer to and you'll see that it's not about how good he is but about how bad he clearly isn't.

And you didn't say Peterman "might" start. You said you think he "will."

You can be wrong, too, ya know 0:)

they are not winning in spite of him.....he just isnt good enough to take a bad team on his shoulders and win.

Just want to throw this out there and see people's ideas on who and how many qbs in the league can do this.

I don't think in the NFL any QB can take a bad team to a winning record. Win a couple of games here and there that they shouldn't? sure. Win in the NFL with a subpar team? None. Brees, Rivers, Eli, and a host of other qbs have had a losing season recently. Having a QB helps but it having a complete team that leads to success in this league. When was the last time the Bills had a competent offense and defense in the same year? I can't think of a single year during the drought where this was the case. Maybe Bledsoe's first year but he fell off a cliff at the end of that season. If the offense can get back to 2015/2016 levels and the defense maintains its 2014 pace we could see success this year. IF looms large in that sentence though.

Just want to throw this out there and see people's ideas on who and how many qbs in the league can do this.

I don't think in the NFL any QB can take a bad team to a winning record. Win a couple of games here and there that they shouldn't? sure. Win in the NFL with a subpar team? None. Brees, Rivers, Eli, and a host of other qbs have had a losing season recently.

The Brees example is a bad one. He hasn't just been playing with the worst defense in the league but over the 3 year 7-9 stretch of the Saints that defense is rhe worst 3 year stretch defense of all time in pretty much every statistic.

It is why I have been saying since summer. If the Saints D can improve even to somewhere between 25th and 28th they probably make the playoffs. Any better than 25th they are in without a question in my mind. They were my darkhorse Superbowl team... and wow that Marshon Lattimore kid.... he is a STUD.

The Brees example is a bad one. He hasn't just been playing with the worst defense in the league but over the 3 year 7-9 stretch of the Saints that defense is rhe worst 3 year stretch defense of all time in pretty much every statistic.

It is why I have been saying since summer. If the Saints D can improve even to somewhere between 25th and 28th they probably make the playoffs. Any better than 25th they are in without a question in my mind. They were my darkhorse Superbowl team... and wow that Marshon Lattimore kid.... he is a STUD.

Yeah he is just an easy example of a fantastic qb not being able to do it by himself. I don't understand how through all of the coordinators and schemes they have had they continued to be terrible. I always have wondered how other guys would have fared in New England. Pairing any of Manning, Brees, or Rodgers and I would love to know the level of success they would be able to get. I know Brady wins the ring argument with Manning but I always thought he had the better teams and coach when he went to battle against Manning. Would love to see their level of successes with the roles flipped.

Tyrod will never be a QB that can carry a team on his back, but he is making the most of it with minimal help. He's never had a solid WR corps for more than a handful of games. That he has done so much with so little is a credit to him and his work ethic. I still wouldn't object to drafting another QB this year and making him fight to keep his job. An elite QB can make up for a lot of holes elsewhere on your roster.