Did Trump Disrespect A Dead American Soldier?

Tiberius

The widow was on Good Morning America today. She confirmed Rep Wilsons account, says Trump couldnt remember her husbands name, and says she still hasnt even seen her husbands body or been told what happened. This scandal isnt going away any time soon.

why is it a scandal? Because a crazed person in a cowboy hat says it is to a media is quick to soak it up?

Trump forgetting a woman's husband's name... Kinda stupid.

Blaming Trump for losing a dead body?

****. Trump needs to carry the casket in his shoulder with the dude in it with a machine gun strapped to his back and clutching an American flag.

You people buying in to this are a joke. Every god damn one of you bitches.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it a scandal that a Gold Star family is criticizing the president over his response to a military loss that still has no answers? Great question. Doesnt remind me of anything from the Obama presidency at all.

Because it's war. Ambushes happen. People die. It's not a scandal.

Why is it a scandal that a Gold Star family is criticizing the president over his response to a military loss that still has no answers? Great question. Doesnt remind me of anything from the Obama presidency at all.

doesn't? YouTube video about Benghazi is the easiest start to a counter argument

You're a clown.

You can't think of a single reason why answers wouldn't be made available surrounding the details of a combat death?

Because it's war. Ambushes happen. People die. It's not a scandal.

Youre right but I find the hypocrisy funny. Trump used Benghazi to score political points and now hes stuck with his own similar problem. And of course he responded to the widow on Twitter, when all he had to do was offer his condolences and keep his mouth shut. This Gold Star family thing is absolutely a scandal, not just this one family but the other ones that have said he didnt call or lied to them on the phone. I mean in the Trump presidency its just his scandal of the week, any one of his scandals would have dominated the news for months in past administrations.

I think if Trump did absolutely nothing for the next 3 months his approval ratings would tick up to just under 50%. But he cant help himself. He has to draw every scandal out as long as possible because of his incessant need to answer every little criticism.

With Niger, media and Democrats suddenly wake up to Obama's wars

“Why do we have troops in Niger?” seemed to be the head-scratching question coming from journalists and Twitter pundits in the wake of an ambush by the terrorist group Islamic State of the Greater Sahara that left four U.S. soldiers dead and a nation searching for answers.

But before the men could even be laid to rest and properly honored for giving their lives for their country, President Trump was ad libbing from the podium and a Democratic member of Congress was running to the media.
Just as Hurricane Irma was declared “Trump’s Katrina” and the investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into Russian meddling in our presidential election became “Trump’s Watergate,” the left is eager to the point of giving themselves away in declaring that the deadly attack in Niger is now “Trump’s Benghazi”

{snip}

These were not civilians left to die in a burning embassy for almost 13 hours with no rescue, nor were any of the four men an ambassador, as happened in Benghazi. There were no questions about the president’s whereabouts during the attack in Niger. To this day we still don’t know where President Obama was in the White House or what his orders were regarding the personnel stranded there.

Testimony given to the House Select Committee on Benghazi states President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta issued “clear orders to deploy military assets,” yet no assets were ever deployed and these questions were never asked by journalists at the time, nor answered by President Obama.

In the wake of the attack, the Trump administration’s response, as perplexing and delayed as it might have been, did not point the finger at a video on YouTube. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson did not issue a short statement blaming an “awful internet video.” No member of the State or Defense Departments, or a White House official, has appeared on four Sunday morning TV shows and declared the attack in Niger began as a spontaneous reaction to an internet video.

This is not Benghazi, and the shameful part about this is that the news media and Rep. Wilson all know it isn’t. But in attempting to link the current administration to the controversy of the previous one, they are tacitly admitting a hard truth: there were too many unanswered questions and statements that didn’t add up with the Obama administration and Benghazi, and that’s not a road I’m sure any of them want to travel down (again).

Instead, what is happening is a rapidly developing narrative in real time, compounded by claims from a new Democratic “rock star” who the media-at-large are all too happy to put on camera to create a scene at the expense of the four men who lost their lives.

If the news media and lawmakers want to debate the continued presence of troops in Niger and the African continent, that’s a debate worth having. That debate will include the hundreds of troops that previous presidents have deployed there. And that will have to include a very uncomfortable discussion for Democrats and the anti-war left, who sleepwalked through eight years of escalating military presence in that region of the world.

This may come as a shocking surprise to those who ignored these conflicts in the most unstable parts of the world at the expense of protecting a former president’s legacy, but those aren’t hashtags doing the kind of work on the ground in places like Niger and Mali. They are selfless Americans who volunteered to be there. And they should not be exploited or forgotten.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/20/with-niger-media-and-democrats-suddenly-wake-up-to-obamas-wars.html

Edited by B-Man

Because he's a moron. Im surprised he hasn't created accounts on political forums to respond to those who criticize him.

you mean like the Obama party?

Youre right but I find the hypocrisy funny. Trump used Benghazi to score political points and now hes stuck with his own similar problem. And of course he responded to the widow on Twitter, when all he had to do was offer his condolences and keep his mouth shut. This Gold Star family thing is absolutely a scandal, not just this one family but the other ones that have said he didnt call or lied to them on the phone. I mean in the Trump presidency its just his scandal of the week, any one of his scandals would have dominated the news for months in past administrations.

I think if Trump did absolutely nothing for the next 3 months his approval ratings would tick up to just under 50%. But he cant help himself. He has to draw every scandal out as long as possible because of his incessant need to answer every little criticism.

this is nothing at all like Benghazi

Maybe not that high, but yes

No, Niger Isn’t ‘Trump’s Benghazi’

by David French

All available evidence suggests that this is a tragedy rather than a scandal.

Earlier this month something happened in Niger that’s happened countless times before in our 16-year war against jihadists: An allied patrol was lured into an ambush, and American soldiers died. Based on the early reports (the Washington Post has perhaps the most thorough summary), it was a particularly vicious firefight, and American troops were unusually vulnerable. They weren’t in armored vehicles, they didn’t have readily available air cover, and they even had to rely on contractors to evacuate the wounded. Tragically, one soldier was killed after getting separated from his unit during the fight, and it took two days to recover his body.

Make no mistake, there is much to investigate in this incident, and investigations are already underway. The mission itself was uncontroversial. Barack Obama first sent American troops to Niger to assist French military operations in Mali, and they’ve been there ever since, conducting drone operations and training allied soldiers. There’s evidence that American personnel had conducted similar operations alongside allied troops many times without incident.

{snip}

The shock of course quickly turned to curiosity. The president was silent. The engagement seemed hidden behind the fog of war, and days after the ambush we still lacked a thorough account. Then, the story got obscured by the disturbing, confusing controversy over President Trump’s phone call to Sergeant La David T. Johnson’s wife.

By midweek, the curiosity had turned into partisan vitriol. One Democratic lawmaker called Niger “Trump’s Benghazi,” a Newsweek piece made the same comparison, and Twitter is aflame with angry Democrats — still bitter over the years-long investigations of the Benghazi attack — demanding hearings. Do they have a point?

Are the situations similar? Yes and no.

Two factors combined to turn Benghazi into a years-long controversy — one that featured justifiable outrage and necessary hearings but also contained more than its fair share of unwarranted partisan obsession and absurd conspiracy theories. The first factor, of course, is politics. Terrorists killed a U.S. ambassador in the midst of a presidential campaign where the incumbent was running in part on his success in diminishing the terrorist threat, and the likely next Democratic nominee was responsible for the ambassador’s mission and security. There was no way that Republicans wouldn’t put that incident under a microscope, as Democrats would have done if the roles were reversed.

The second factor was the falsehood — the great deception. As we all know, very soon after the attack the administration repeatedly and loudly misled the American people. Obama’s defenders claim that his spokesmen were relying on faulty intelligence and mistaken talking points when they told America that a planned, coordinated terrorist assault (one that came perilously close to becoming a horrific massacre) was in reality a spontaneous response to an offensive YouTube video. Yet we now know that even as the administration was telling the American people the video was to blame, they were saying very different things to allies and their own family members in private. In other words, there is overwhelming evidence that the Obama administration lied not just to the American public but also to the fathers and mothers of those who died.

This was a despicable act, and the lie was so bad — so incredible from the start — that of course it spawned intense anger. Of course it spawned congressional hearings and comprehensive investigations. The fact that some politicians and pundits took things too far does not change the Obama administration’s culpability for its own falsehood.

And let’s not forget, these investigations revealed three great failures: A failure to adequately protect a U.S. ambassador in spite of multiple warnings that he could be in danger, a failure to provide timely relief to embattled Americans caught in a desperate, hours-long fight for their lives when that danger materialized, and a failure to tell America the truth afterward. These failures were significant enough that they would have ended the careers and political ambitions of virtually any secretary of state not named Hillary Clinton.

So, what about Niger? Yes, politics come into play — just as they did in Benghazi. Democrats are asking questions, and they’re right to ask questions. It’s a healthy aspect of our two-party system that there’s always someone there to demand answers, to refuse to automatically accept the official explanation. Though some will always go too far, there’s nothing wrong with diligent investigation in search of the truth.

But so far there is zero evidence of the second and most significant aspect of the Benghazi controversy — a lie and/or a cover-up — in Niger. Instead, it looks like a conventional military operation gone awry, something that happened all the time under each of our last three presidents, and that happens all the time in war more generally. While Trump’s silence immediately after the attack troubles some, I find it infinitely preferable to the Obama administration’s lies

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452942/niger-ambush-benghazi-comparisons-unfair

Edited by B-Man

It's just more of the tit for tat, divide and conquer mentality that's infected and ultimately crippled our political discourse in this country. There is a very real conversation we should be having as a nation about our military presence in Africa - but this isn't it.

Which, I guess, is why it's the conversation we're having.

:ph34r:

"It's OK to kill people when you really disagree with them."

Well yeah sometimes for sure. What are you, some kind of pacifist?

Racist.

Bottom line, that's what you are.

Nah. I think everybody is congenitally inferior.

Especially you.

I wake up every day and the day I think how happy I am trayvon is dead is the day I smile a little bit more. That piece of **** got what he deserved. Thug wanna be punk, hope it hurt good before he did that odd starfish pose

Boys, if this is true I want you to know that you are one colossal pervert.

Well yeah sometimes for sure. What are you, some kind of pacifist?

Nah. I think everybody is congenitally inferior.

Especially you.

Boys, if this is true I want you to know that you are one colossal pervert.

Why don't you tell us what actually happened in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident. Spell it out so you can support your position that you would rather have had Trayvon kill George.

Why don't you tell us what actually happened in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident. Spell it out so you can support your position that you would rather have had Trayvon kill George.

The guy is a troll who likes to hear himself talk. He says stuff that sounds smart but is completely irrelevant. Those are the worst kind of people, those that think they're smart and want the world to know. Hell, the world would probably be a better place w/o all the people involved in the Treyvon deal. But, they exist(ed) and we get to see people make idiots of themselves as they attempt to push people to become overly-emotional, in some sort of quest to elicit control over something in their life.

Also, that is Tiberius' scat account.