Stop linking to Buffalo News aritcles

xsoldier54

2 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

So that means they shouldn’t get paid? The Buffalo News does a good job covering this team, Jerry Sullivan aside.

I was just making the joke that television is more important to many than reading the newspaper. Never said that it should it be free. I hope that newspaper people make all the money they can while it lasts. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

9 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Buff News is hemorrhaging bad. They are almost dead. 

Im sure there is some connection between their pay wall and their huge losses. 

Most traffic from this sight is from buff News (metrix)   When Buff News is dead this sights traffic will follow. 

Since the golden lock was put in place, this community has gone down hill considerably. 

Too much control ruins ruins all good things. 

Stop linking greedy pay sites!!!

mIm

Thanks Leroi   we get the point   They suck and you were too cheap to pay for it.     :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I wonder if my guy who sells the NY Post is still at the corner of 42nd and Vanderbilt.   Used to buy from him every day.

The entire block was recently razed, but maybe he survived?

3 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I was just making the joke that television is more important to many than reading the newspaper. Never said that it should it be free. I hope that newspaper people make all the money they can while it lasts. 

Gotcha.

News will (hopefully) always exist, the “paper” part is a relic. Having said that, I am an ex newspaper person, with a degree in Journalism and a concentration in “Newspapers.” Key word ex. Don’t know what I was thinking. 

13 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Buff News is hemorrhaging bad. They are almost dead. 

Im sure there is some connection between their pay wall and their huge losses. 

Most traffic from this sight is from buff News (metrix)   When Buff News is dead this sights traffic will follow. 

Since the golden lock was put in place, this community has gone down hill considerably. 

Too much control ruins ruins all good things. 

Stop linking greedy pay sites!!!

mIm

find someplace that suits you better you big schmuggs

Somewhere back on the first page or two of this thread or other similar threads at the time, there's a couple of posts from me, complaining about the $3 charge.  Not so much that they are charging, but the basic concept, seemed to me they'd make more money making the sites/pages/links all free, but have ad's on them.   Since then have read enough articles that have shown me they do make more money charging a subscription price than they would through ads. So if that's the case, then have no problem with them charging and up to people to decide if they want to buy or not.

As far as charging for what use to be free. 30 years ago it wasn't free, you needed to buy the newspaper.  Now yes there is much free content available, but often from TV and radio outlets which really aren't directly competing with written content, so easier for them to give it away as may even drive people to watch their programming. 

12 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I have stop using the front page and just link to the forum... 

I too would prefer more non BN supplied articles... But not my call so I bypass 

This presumes that we are suppressing free content from established journalists in favor of the Buffalo News. We are not. Where do you want us to get this free, well-written content from? 

10 hours ago, MDH said:

So let me get this straight. People want newspapers to hire staff, fly to games, interview players, research stories, write copy, edit copy and host all their content on the web AND they want SDS to compile loads of content on the Bills into a single page so the user can conveniently browse through it all getting a snippet of each story to see if it interests them (and he has to host that content)... and they B word if it's not totally free? They whine if the guy hosting the site that compiles all that content even links to stories that they might have to pay pennies per article for?

Do I have that right?

I gladly pay the paltry sum the BN charges. So please, SDS, keep linking those articles.

That's bull ****. This is supposed to be a free site. I feel as though I'm no longer getting my money's worth.

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

This presumes that we are suppressing free content from established journalists in favor of the Buffalo News. We are not. Where do you want us to get this free, well-written content from? 

not at all.. But  I am constantly clicking articles only to be told no access then i remember I have to look at links 1st.

that just gets old for me.

No I would like them to go someplace people want to buy them. Seriously the so called articles or paragraphs are about the Bills not world news . It a small market quit thinking its a great thing to write your paragraphs. I heard that most are done by high school students for extra credit towards graduation. The freaking football season is only Four months long.