The Worst Game Ever..Or the best?

plenzmd1

OKay, folks, this game is being called the worst ever. The Bills-Giants 6-3 game with the scabs. Never even thought about getting a refund on the tickets, and yes they gave refunds if you asked. We had seasons for a reason, we wanted to see every Bills game!

I absolutely loved this game! Kinda overcast, damp, windy day so we tailgated at Wiechec's, my hangout back in the day. Wiechec's is on Clinton in South Buffalo. This game was a 4 PM start time, we left Weichecs at 3:20, comfortably in our seat at 3:55.

I say our seat, was really any seat. I think about 8,000 people showed up. LT played all over the field.And was a maniac out there.

When you needed a beer, just walked up to stand, got one, and then went and sat somewhere else for a different angle. As the ball moved, you could move too if so desired. The play was awful, but it was close and much like a preseason game so many guys were absolutely getting destroyed by borderline hits as guys were trying to make one last impression.

The best part about it was we got free, bonus football as the game went to OT, and the Bills win 6-3 way late in the OT session.

Anyone else at this game? I cant remember if they showed on TV in Buffalo, but I am guessing not

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/nfl-1987-strike-replacement-players-scab-game-bills-giants-lawrence-taylor-bill-parcells-marv-levy?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Wiechec's is on Clinton in South Buffalo

South Buffalo?

Kaisertown baby!

I can't vouch for that game, but I can vouch for the outstanding food at Wiechec's!

Food was/is great. Weichecs is where my brother and I watched the Giants-Niners game after 51-3. Way before cell phones, and knucklehead brother never called his wife(at home with a new baby) to tell her where we were. We had a few after the game as well, think we made it home about 10PM, and boy oh boy he was in rough shape! Course being the good brother I am, i took the blame, saying he asked me to call and I forgot.

She would not let me in house for 6 months after that

I totally remember watching that game on TV. There was a sense of excitement that the players were going to come back soon, even though we knew this game was going to suck.

I still think the Bills-Browns 6-3 game was the worst game ever. There was no excuse for that one being so horribly bad. At least the one with the Giants had scab players as an excuse.

I totally remember watching that game on TV. There was a sense of excitement that the players were going to come back soon, even though we knew this game was going to suck.

I still think the Bills-Browns 6-3 game was the worst game ever. There was no excuse for that one being so horribly bad. At least the one with the Giants had scab players as an excuse.

Were you in Buffalo at the time? I wonder if the NFL did not enforce blackout rule during the strike.

I don't count the scab games as anything.

The 87 Bills were 6-6, not 7-8. FACT

If I recall correctly, I went to two of the scab games. I think the Indy game was at home too! Cold day as I remember and we had a lot of fun at the game too!Way more people at that game, someone around 25K if I remember correctly.

Also, was it not the case that the playoff qualifiers and seed were all the same whether you counted the scab games or not? I know DC had a 3-0 run, and basically beat the real Cowboys, and went on to win the SuperBowl, but think they would have even without the 3-0 .

Were you in Buffalo at the time? I wonder if the NFL did not enforce blackout rule during the strike.

If I recall correctly, I went to two of the scab games. I think the Indy game was at home too! Cold day as I remember and we had a lot of fun at the game too!Way more people at that game, someone around 25K if I remember correctly.

Also, was it not the case that the playoff qualifiers and seed were all the same whether you counted the scab games or not? I know DC had a 3-0 run, and basically beat the real Cowboys, and went on to win the SuperBowl, but think they would have even without the 3-0 .

I grew up in Cheektowaga. It was on Tv because I remember watching it. Believe it or not I think the game technically did sellout before the season started & that is why it was televised. Not sure though. it was definitely on TV locally. I don't get down to Weichecs much but their food is awesome.

Buffalo's replacements went out with a 6-3 overtime win against the Giants that was even comically sloppier than the games Taylor finished with 2.0 sacks and numerous pressures even though he was constantly being held, and often tackled, by center Will Grant.

At halftime, coach Marv Levy approached Grant and said, "Will, what in the world is going on out there? You have been called for holding six times in just one half!"

"Hey, Coach, that's really good," Grant said. "Because I've been holding him every down."

They had a mini 30 for 30 on that for ESPN. The Redskin scabs did go 3-0 & I believe they needed all three games to win the division. None of those guys that played in the scab games got rings except the ones they kept & they spent the better part of an hour for the episode bitching about it. I kind of do see their point.