Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

Can't go wrong with Kraft Mac and Cheese. Bring water to a boil, add macaroni. In 10 minurtes or so drain noodles and put back in the pan with a chunk of butter, some milk and powdered cheese. Mix well and bon apetite~

When does the pickle juice go in?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be joking but I will bite anyway.

That 3/5 thing done before civil war was not racist. Do some research if you like, it is very interesting.. It was a compromise intended to prevent the civil war by appeasing the South when the South argued they needed more representation in congress because they had more "people" in the South than the census counted as they did not count slaves at tis time. They wanted reps in congress to be calculated on total number of citizens AND slaves in the South. 1 counting as 1. Even though we all know they were inherently racist and never considered a slave an equal as proven by history both before, during, and after, the civil war.

This was merely a power grab by the South and the North seen through it. The North acquiesced and appeased and compromised by agreeing to the 3/5 ths rule even though slaves were not considered citizens, had no rights, and could not vote.

Of course appeasement never works and it all blew up. But this 3/5ths thing was not racist. Keeping in mind many in South and North were racists at that time.

Pretty confident I know infinitely more about the subject than you...

...Jesus, REALLY have to profess my ignorance (yes, typical) to the spirit of the thread NOW realizing it was a statement that Taylor made.....let's go back to the post Kelly era....I believe the majority of the QB's were NOT African-American.....yet throughout the 17 year drought, EVERY one has had the snot beat out of them on TBD, BBMB, or BILLIEVERS site with ZERO mention or race....if memory serves me, the vast majority of QB's were Caucasian and EQUALLY whipped for prolonging the 17 year drought....so where is Taylor coming up with this "higher standard" stuff because it sure as hell is NOT evident in the brutal treatment of EVERY non-playoff QB since Kelly on these sites regardless of race, creed, origin, sexual preference, etc, ....didi I miss the memo??...............

Critical race theory. His feelings are more true than any facts.

I've waited before wading in these waters and will probably regret it....

There are many racist people in America and among Bills fans. I am glad so many here aren't racist but let's not pretend just because it isn't your reasoning doesn't mean it isn't anyone's reasoning. I agree with McFly that many people are so burnt out from losing that any QB would take the wrath. However the vitriol extended to TT is a bit over the top imo. I won't say it is because of his race but I have several times thought to myself that TT doesn't look like what many people want their qb to look like and that is their problem with him. Many people think only a traditional pocket passer can win in the league. TT relies on athleticism to supplement his passing skills which are lacking. If he didn't have those athletic skills he wouldn't be in the league. However he does possess those skills and he is in the league and is a middle of the road starter. He isn't a back up rb, he isn't a backup qb at best, he isn't the worst starter in the league. These comments often make me wonder about people's motivation but I don't concern myself with that. I can see how Tyrod perceives it to be because he is black. I can also see him feeling extra pressure as well. With the limited amount of black qbs maybe he feels extra pressure to be a role model to young qbs.

We aren't far removed from Rush Limbaugh's comments about Donovan McNabb.

It was just last year that Kaepernick singled out Buffalo as the worst place he visited last year with his treatment.

In a thread today someone labeled Teddy Bridgewater as mobile. He attributed it to a madden rating :rolleyes:

NoSaint routinely brings up the Rockets GM and his insistence of comparing players across race. That is a GM for a professional league perhaps he has his pulse on pro sports more than message board jockeys?

I'm glad none of you are racist nor know of anyone who is racist :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but that isn't america today. People still are judged by the color of their skin. It is getting better but we still have a long way to go.

Lastly, I worked at a psych hosptial for children through my 20s and had a situation arise that has stuck with me to this day. A doctor was explaining to a mother all of the things she was doing wrong raising her child in the ghetto. She stopped him and not so politely explained to him that he had no idea what it was like to be her, live in her situation, be raised in her situation, or have to deal with what she has to deal with on a day to day basis. It isn't always as easy as "pulling yourself up by your boot straps" or to change from the only life you have known. So for everyone shouting down TT and stating why he is wrong and that you now hold a lower opinion of him, perhaps just perhaps, you have no idea what it is like to be him or what he is dealing with. Think about the nonsense you see publicly posted on twitter then imagine what is sent to him directly and privately. Just because you don't see it or agree with him doesn't make him wrong.

Fantastic post!

You may be joking but I will bite anyway.

That 3/5 thing done before civil war was not racist. Do some research if you like, it is very interesting..

Yeah, Tom. Educate yourself before posting, will ya? :rolleyes:

Pretty confident I know infinitely more about the subject than you...

Critical race theory. His feelings are more true than any facts.

Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton hold the lowest wonderlic scores for starting QB in the NFL.

Do we judge them differently?

I think we do...

I've waited before wading in these waters and will probably regret it....

There are many racist people in America and among Bills fans. I am glad so many here aren't racist but let's not pretend just because it isn't your reasoning doesn't mean it isn't anyone's reasoning. I agree with McFly that many people are so burnt out from losing that any QB would take the wrath. However the vitriol extended to TT is a bit over the top imo. I won't say it is because of his race but I have several times thought to myself that TT doesn't look like what many people want their qb to look like and that is their problem with him. Many people think only a traditional pocket passer can win in the league. TT relies on athleticism to supplement his passing skills which are lacking. If he didn't have those athletic skills he wouldn't be in the league. However he does possess those skills and he is in the league and is a middle of the road starter. He isn't a back up rb, he isn't a backup qb at best, he isn't the worst starter in the league. These comments often make me wonder about people's motivation but I don't concern myself with that. I can see how Tyrod perceives it to be because he is black. I can also see him feeling extra pressure as well. With the limited amount of black qbs maybe he feels extra pressure to be a role model to young qbs.

We aren't far removed from Rush Limbaugh's comments about Donovan McNabb.

It was just last year that Kaepernick singled out Buffalo as the worst place he visited last year with his treatment.

In a thread today someone labeled Teddy Bridgewater as mobile. He attributed it to a madden rating :rolleyes:

NoSaint routinely brings up the Rockets GM and his insistence of comparing players across race. That is a GM for a professional league perhaps he has his pulse on pro sports more than message board jockeys?

I'm glad none of you are racist nor know of anyone who is racist :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but that isn't america today. People still are judged by the color of their skin. It is getting better but we still have a long way to go.

Lastly, I worked at a psych hosptial for children through my 20s and had a situation arise that has stuck with me to this day. A doctor was explaining to a mother all of the things she was doing wrong raising her child in the ghetto. She stopped him and not so politely explained to him that he had no idea what it was like to be her, live in her situation, be raised in her situation, or have to deal with what she has to deal with on a day to day basis. It isn't always as easy as "pulling yourself up by your boot straps" or to change from the only life you have known. So for everyone shouting down TT and stating why he is wrong and that you now hold a lower opinion of him, perhaps just perhaps, you have no idea what it is like to be him or what he is dealing with. Think about the nonsense you see publicly posted on twitter then imagine what is sent to him directly and privately. Just because you don't see it or agree with him doesn't make him wrong.

People who work in psychiatric hospitals routinely force the patients who are effectively prisoners, to take powerful and potentially dangerous medications. Psychiatric professionals have been proven to almost routinely physically abuse patients. Sexual abuse is common. Mental abuse and an arbitrary denial of basic freedoms are an every day occurrence. One example: Patients who smoke, may not smoke at any time when they are confined (against their will)to the hospital or it's grounds). They simply may not smoke even in outdoor former smoking areas. Phone calls are rationed.

You can deny that you are an abuser of vulnerable populations, but the abuse is part of the culture, and you are part of that culture.

50 years ago, when faced with a troublesome or resistant patient, psychiatric hospitals operated on and destroyed segments of their brains to make them more docile. This operation often crippled or even killed the patient. This was considered an acceptable risk.

50 years ago you were cutting up people's brains if they did not behave as you thought proper. You can't seriously expect us to believe that has all changed.

How do you like it when it is applied to you? Do you admit or deny that you abused people and thought of them as less than you, just because they got sick?

But you never did that right? ;)

And you never saw it done and said nothing, right? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Ok if you say so I will believe you. :)

Everything I say above is true. Be aware that with a little more time and effort I can paint the picture much worse than I already did. And all of it will be true. Is it fair? Is it even accurate to evaluate as a stand alone, without considering the context?

Only you can say.

But if you do Not think it is fair or right then why do you think it is ok to do the same thing to me?

I am a white person. I am not a bigot. And I say Tyrod Taylor can not throw.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton hold the lowest wonderlic scores for starting QB in the NFL.

I think we do...

Depends what you mean? Differently from the others or differently from each other?

I judge them different from each other because I judge Newton as a great qb that I would love to have on the Bills and I judge Tyrod as not good.

By the way, the Wonderlick is not a valid test of anything at all except for skill at taking the Wonderlick. This is a verifiable fact.

The NFL uses it because the NFL does not know what they are doing. They have been duped but are to stupid to know it. Very deeply stupid too, because they have had years and years and years to find out. But still they use it.

The longer I watch them the more I think the entire NFL organization, including league executives, management, and coaches, when measured as a group would turn out to be of below average intelligence.

The only two I know of personally who are very smart are Troy Vincent and Terrence Pegula. And so far as I know so far Pegula is mostly smart at Geology.

Depends what you mean? Differently from the others or differently from each other?

I judge them different from each other because I judge Newton as a great qb that I would love to have on the Bills and I judge Tyrod as not good.

By the way, the Wonderlick is not a valid test of anything at all except for skill at taking the Wonderlick. This is a verifiable fact.

The NFL uses it because the NFL does not know what they are doing. They have been duped but are to stupid to know it. Very deeply stupid too, because they have had years and years and years to find out. But still they use it.

The longer I watch them the more I think the entire NFL organization, including league executives, management, and coaches, when measured as a group would turn out to be of below average intelligence.

The only two I know of personally who are very smart are Troy Vincent and Terrence Pegula. And so far as I know so far Pegula is mostly smart at Geology.

I'm sure you hear /read some of the comments questioning what they have upstairs (between the ears).

Superman? Held to a higher standard?

Add Cams brain fart comments and childish behavior...

...I'm just saying...

Edited by Figster

I think we do...

Cam got a 21. TT got a 15.

Starting in 2000, any NFL QB who has scored under 16 has not been able to sustain a starting job.

Cam is above that curve. He was also highly touted out of college. He's also been an MVP, Offensive POY, Rookie of the Year and has gone to the Super Bowl.

Why the !@#$ would we POSSIBLY look at him differently than we do at TT??

I'm sure you hear /read some of the comments questioning what they have upstairs (between the ears).

Superman? Held to a higher standard?

Add Cams brain fart comments and childish behavior...

...I'm just saying...

Oh.

Well, I don't know enough about Newton to judge his football intelligence really. But football smarts aren't the same thing as school smarts anyway. I bet there isn't a professor on the planet who could read a defense as fast as Tom Brady. And Tom Brady seems like a normal enough guy but a genius he isn't.

I know Newton was ragged on when he got to the Panthers because he was a sulky B word in the locker rooms after they lost.

I was on his side in that. I am sick of happy Bills teams that blow. Newton was right.

After the Super Bowl Newton looked like a big baby on TV. A jerk. Only much later do we find out that he was being trolled by a Bronco right behind the curtain.

Newton didn't handle it well he would have been better to calmly ask on camera that the distractions be stopped until he was done being interviewed.

I don't blame him for that though because I have what is politically incorrectly called "an Irish Temper". In Cam Newton's place and age in those circumstances I may have tried to kill that Bronco player with my bare hands.

Tom Brady has won 5 Superbowls, 4 as MVP. That is why he gets away with less remarks about how he is. And Tom Brady didn't start with the ego until he had earned the right.

So far as I know, everyone always has referred to Phillip Rivers as a dick. He doesn't get away with being a dick he just doesn't give a **** what they say and he doesn't pretend to be a victim so far as I know.

As far as Tyrod, if he can read defense at top skill level he is so far hiding that pretty well.

I don't know how smart he is, but now with this latest stuff I think he is probably crazy. That worries me.

Look at this quote "“Man, we’re a couple plays away from being 5-0,” he says, smiling again. “So, why would I listen to the negative stuff?”

To him, being 3-2 and almost being 5-0, are nearly the same thing. A game is a win, or a loss. Almost 5-0 is crazy talk and especially in public.

Then he cites his mother's opinion as evidence that he was unfairly ranked in the draft.

There is more but he is not in the same reality as I am. And he will be gone soon but i worry about McDermott and letting Tyrod become so detached from the reality that his passing must improve.

A more positive outlook came from my friend Mike who says Tyrod is only trying to sell himself to the next team because he knows this is his last year here. Mike thinks he isn't crazy he is just trying to land another good contract next year.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

I think we do...

But they're both black. If we judge QBs because we're racist, wouldn't that mean they'd be judged equally?

And how is holding someone to a HIGHER standard evidence of prejudice?

But they're both black. If we judge QBs because we're racist, wouldn't that mean they'd be judged equally?

And how is holding someone to a HIGHER standard evidence of prejudice?

We expect both QB's to make big plays more based on athletic ability over intellect in my humble opinion.