Tyrod passes for most yards & Bills W- Bucs game TBD bet

Bills win a close one...however TT will throw for under 200 yards....who the hell is he going throw to??? Maybe if we can convince Terrel Owens to come back than it will be 300+ yards in the air!

I take this kinda post as an "I'm in." But let me know if not.

Where is the Bills win but Tyrod under 225 option ?

I have you down for the under, assuming that's what you're going with. Let me know otherwise.

That would be my pick....We win but TT stays under 225....

K. Same deal

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have you down for the under, assuming that's what you're going with. Let me know otherwise.

K. Same deal

Kinda goes with the territory being a bills fan for many many years

Kinda goes with the territory being a bills fan for many many years

K. Same deal

TO was only a jest....but yes will take the under........however bills still win i think....mccoy anybody? watch him go.....

31st ranked pass defense. If Tyrod can't get 250 yards against a D giving up over 300 yards in the air, we lose and he should be demoted to backup.

And then put him on Wall of Fame! But only after Peterman gets his first start. Then put Peterman on Wall of Fame too!

I'm going with under 224 and a loss. O'Leary did pretty good with Clay out, but don't think it will be enough and still nothing much really done about the lack or WR's. So I really don't see Tyrod throwing over 200 yds.

Would be nice to see Reilly get on the field, then I feel like I'd have at least a little more hope. Anyways, we'll see.

the question i have is thus.....

the Patriots D has given up over 300 passing yards to every QB they have faced this year. will Tyrod be the only QB to not have been able to pass for 300+ against them this year? in 2 tries?

how embarrassing if so...

the Patriots D has given up over 300 passing yards to every QB they have faced this year. will Tyrod be the only QB to not have been able to pass for 300+ against them this year? in 2 tries?

Probably

if they were to win, would it matter? 4 of those teams did and still lost. I mean, what is this obsession with "300" passing yards? sure, those 4-500 yard passing games were great to watch but how often does it happen in today's nfl?

today's winning QBs and yards.

trubisky 8/16 113 1 td

watson 17/29 225 3 tds

cutler 19/33 151 2 tds

keenum 24/38 239 1 td

brady 20/38 257 2 tds

beathard (is this a real name here, wtf) 19/36 245 1 td

wentz 16/29 222 3 tds (cam 28/52 239 1 td)

I don't see your magic number in any of those wins. says more about the patsies* D giving up those yards. does/can taylor take advantage of that? which your questioning, remains to be seen. but if, yes if, they were to win and not throw for 300, it's still a win.

that is if for the sake of whatever could happen and maybe they split the two games?

I know Foxx, you despise tyrod.

I'm going with under 224 and a loss. O'Leary did pretty good with Clay out, but don't think it will be enough and still nothing much really done about the lack or WR's. So I really don't see Tyrod throwing over 200 yds.

Would be nice to see Reilly get on the field, then I feel like I'd have at least a little more hope. Anyways, we'll see.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

if they were to win, would it matter? 4 of those teams did and still lost. I mean, what is this obsession with "300" passing yards? sure, those 4-500 yard passing games were great to watch but how often does it happen in today's nfl?

today's winning QBs and yards.

trubisky 8/16 113 1 td

watson 17/29 225 3 tds

cutler 19/33 151 2 tds

keenum 24/38 239 1 td

brady 20/38 257 2 tds

beathard (is this a real name here, wtf) 19/36 245 1 td

wentz 16/29 222 3 tds (cam 28/52 239 1 td)

I don't see your magic number in any of those wins. says more about the patsies* D giving up those yards. does/can taylor take advantage of that? which your questioning, remains to be seen. but if, yes if, they were to win and not throw for 300, it's still a win.

that is if for the sake of whatever could happen and maybe they split the two games?

I know Foxx, you despise tyrod.

DBFS'73,

obviously the W is the only thing that really matters. however there are other aspects that matter on a slightly lessor scale. one of which is the ability of your QB. regardless of what some might say, if every QB who plays the Patriots D passes for more than 300 yds except yours, there is a good chance that this says something about his/her ability as a QB.

I don't really despise Tyrod. If you remember, when we first acquired him, I was one of his most strident and vocal supporters. that was before the season started. as the season wore on, i didn't like what I was seeing and as such my support began to wane. by the time the second season was set to begin, i was completely off the Tyrod train. he just doesn't have it. sure he's got all the physical ability in the world, but where it really matters, the space between the ears, he doesn't have it. he is a one read QB who can't anticipate and that is not ever going to change. I want and expect more from my QB.

my disagreement with most of the Tyrod supporters that, 'he's not terrible' is a crappy argument when you are talking about your team. hell, Dan Carpenter wasn't crappy but that didn't stop us from replacing him.

Edited by Foxx

Yes.

Well, if the Bills get the lead, it's pretty obvious we're running the ball in order to run the clock and manage the game, so I would say if we beat the Pats, no, it's highly unlikely Taylor passes for 300 yards.

So, I'll counter your question with another question: if we lose BUT Tyrod passes for 300 yards, does that somehow elevate your opinion of him over what it would be if we win and he doesn't pass for 300?

Well, if the Bills get the lead, it's pretty obvious we're running the ball in order to run the clock and manage the game, so I would say if we beat the Pats, no, it's highly unlikely Taylor passes for 300 yards.

So, I'll counter your question with another question: if we lose BUT Tyrod passes for 300 yards, does that somehow elevate your opinion of him over what it would be if we win and he doesn't pass for 300?

if Tyrod wants to elevate my opinion of him (though I don't really think he gives a damn what i think), he would begin by looking of the safety every now and then. when his first read is covered, quit staring him down and move on the the next read and if he is covered, move on to the next read. fit passes into tight windows and anticipate where a receiver will be before he makes his move.

do these things with some consistency and he will begin to change my mind. however, whether you want to admit it or not, you and i both know he is not going to suddenly start doing these things with regularity. it all goes back to his scouting report coming out of college, his deficiencies listed 7 years ago are still the ones that plague him today. nope. ain't. gonna. change.

as to your supposition, it squarely is dependant upon the Bills getting the lead early and maintaining it.

Edited by Foxx