Some pleasant news...

DC Tom

will there be ice cream?

My son went to a camp with ice cream! He complained loudly that they took the handles off the machines! How dare they?!? He was pissed! His friend who went with him chimed in "well, that was just at breakfast."

My comment was tongue in cheek. I think they're all a bunch of dirty bastards. I don't do party lines.

The Dolphins OLine coach should have followed your lead.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what joke you're talking about. I'm not trying to pick a fight. It's called a debate and it's a leading question. If you feel that I'm picking a fight leads me to believe you're not confident of your opinion on the issue or you just like lining other people's ideas. If you don't know what should be done about it then say so. Nothing wrong with that. Takes a man to say "I don't know"

So here's my take. The planet warms and cools on it's own. Have we contributed to the warming/cooling trend? Possibly but in my opinion there isn't a !@#$ing thing we can do about it. Even if we as a country got rid of all the Republicans (this is a dig at your bringing up Republicans) and legislated zero emissions in this country that will not do a damn thing to change the world's biggest polluters. China will just laugh their ass off at us and continue with business as usual.

Ok...your turn.

Sorry if I seem a little paranoid, but I have been baited by other people with the same similar approaches. Probably just gun shy. I have no interest in fighting anyone.

My takes

Yes the world does heat and cool on its own, since we have had glacial ice ages that have covered North America at times with no human help.

Burning coal, car exhaust emissions all add Co2 to the environment. I think every bit we do to help , helps slow down the process. China is doing away with coal burning power plants, putting in solar arrays and trying to reduce emissions. To just give up and say China will screw it up anyways shouldn't matter. We have to do our part. Now that the permafrost is warming up even more gases go into the atmosphere. It's like a boulder rolling down hill gaining momentum.

If you want to be a fatalist the human race will eventually screw up the environment so bad that there will be a global extinction event, and then mother nature will start over with bugs and small mammals. Who know, maybe its like the matrix and we are on version 15 of an extinction event.

Sorry if I seem a little paranoid, but I have been baited by other people with the same similar approaches. Probably just gun shy. I have no interest in fighting anyone.

My takes

Yes the world does heat and cool on its own, since we have had glacial ice ages that have covered North America at times with no human help.

Burning coal, car exhaust emissions all add Co2 to the environment. I think every bit we do to help , helps slow down the process. China is doing away with coal burning power plants, putting in solar arrays and trying to reduce emissions. To just give up and say China will screw it up anyways shouldn't matter. We have to do our part. Now that the permafrost is warming up even more gases go into the atmosphere. It's like a boulder rolling down hill gaining momentum.

If you want to be a fatalist the human race will eventually screw up the environment so bad that there will be a global extinction event, and then mother nature will start over with bugs and small mammals. Who know, maybe its like the matrix and we are on version 15 of an extinction event.

you essentially just agreed with what he said.

My takes

So, did my car emissions cause the dead penguins or not?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Either is Chef Jim. Now you know why I get a little paranoid that someone is baiting me for an argument.

so, what exactly is the disagreement? I'd bet it's deeper as to why your version and his version are a reality

So my emissions cause more sea ice?

Less sea ice.

so, what exactly is the disagreement? I'd bet it's deeper as to why your version and his version are a reality

That's just it Jboy, your brain is wired to be arguing here like most people here. Chef and I are not arguing and your mind can't comprehend it.