Ben McAdoo Has "Giant" Problems - Has Been Fired

Excuses for Eli, but execution for Tyrod. :lol:

WOW you guys want to compare ELI MANNING to Tyrod? yikes. Eli is a former #1 pick, franchise QB, future hall of famer, multiple Super Bowl winner. Tyrod can't even do a 3-step drop, something they teach you in pop warner. he literally needs to SEE the receiver open before he throws and can't throw the receiver open, something you learn in high school. he can scramble around and maybe have 1 or 2 big plays a game but can't consistently lead a 2 min offense. you guys must be joking here

WOW you guys want to compare ELI MANNING to Tyrod? yikes. Eli is a former #1 pick, franchise QB, future hall of famer, multiple Super Bowl winner. Tyrod can't even do a 3-step drop, something they teach you in pop warner. he literally needs to SEE the receiver open before he throws and can't throw the receiver open, something you learn in high school. he can scramble around and maybe have 1 or 2 big plays a game but can't consistently lead a 2 min offense. you guys must be joking here

We're comparing the offense around the QBs, not the QBs themselves. That was what you commented on, no?

We're comparing the offense around the QBs, not the QBs themselves. That was what you commented on, no?

the Giants offense is worse than Buffalo's. Buffalo has 2 pro-bowl caliber OL and a pro-bowl caliber RB. both offenses are bad but for different reasons. our QB doesn't know when receivers are open and can't run the west coast offense. it's 1-2-3 throw and not 1-2-3...4-5..scramble...throw. with a QB that can pull the trigger and keep defenses honest we would be much better off. as long as we have Tyrod, we are going to have 8 in the box and our only hope is that he can scramble for some yards or scramble long enough that someone gets wide open so he will finally throw the ball.

read this: https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/09/26/the-nfl-lens-separation/

I hope Cover 1 does a film breakdown of Tyrod one of these days, or maybe they already have. There are receivers open but he literally will not throw the ball until someone is wide open and that doesn't happen in the NFL. that's the mindset of a high school or college QB but he never leared to throw with anticipation.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/917889139852398592

Edited by kdiggz

Exactly! Since he's the greater, more accomplished QB so he should be able to do more with less. Yet here you are offering excuses for him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I really don't think he's a terrible, they were a post season team last year.

It is painfully obvious that the poor drafts that have yielded nothing outside of OBJ on offense and that overpaid defense is underwhelming. Father Time looks like it has gotten to Eli. Maybe he should get on the Tom Brady diet... :w00t:

You can put some of that on the coach, but not all of it.

the Giants offense is worse than Buffalo's. Buffalo has 2 pro-bowl caliber OL and a pro-bowl caliber RB. both offenses are bad but for different reasons. our QB doesn't know when receivers are open and can't run the west coast offense. it's 1-2-3 throw and not 1-2-3...4-5..scramble...throw. with a QB that can pull the trigger and keep defenses honest we would be much better off. as long as we have Tyrod, we are going to have 8 in the box and our only hope is that he can scramble for some yards or scramble long enough that someone gets wide open so he will finally throw the ball.

I hope Cover 1 does a film breakdown of Tyrod one of these days, or maybe they already have. There are receivers open but he literally will not throw the ball until someone is wide open and that doesn't happen in the NFL. that's the mindset of a high school or college QB but he never leared to throw with anticipation.

Both your replies were dead on. I am not sure if it's because he is Peyton's brother or because of his slack jawed mouth agap lost look, but Eli is one of the most underappreciated Quarterbacks of all time.

This isnt a Tyrod thread, but your point on him is wonderfully put.

First of all, Dennison adapted the offense to get rid of the three step drops, so they aren't currently running a "west coast" offense. Secondly, there are times when Tyrod hesitates to throw the ball and other times when he gets it out when he has trust in who he's throwing to (Matthews and Charles Clay) as evidenced by what we saw against DEN and ATL.

Both your replies were dead on. I am not sure if it's because he is Peyton's brother or because of his slack jawed mouth agap lost look, but Eli is one of the most underappreciated Quarterbacks of all time.

This isnt a Tyrod thread, but your point on him is wonderfully put.

Thanks. Tyrod literally won't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open so any great stats you think he has is because he's only throwing to wide open receivers, otherwise he's scrambling. That kind of backyard play doesn't work at the NFL level consistently. You might get a few defensive breakdowns that result in big plays but it's not consistent and when it's time to lead the team down the field you can't do it because you are not a consistent QB.

Anyhow, back on topic. Eli is a much much much much better QB and I still believe he has a couple of good years left in him. But he might decide to retire before he uproots his family and tries to give it another shot elsewhere, unless it was the perfect situation like it was for his brother in Denver.

First of all, Dennison adapted the offense to get rid of the three step drops, so they aren't currently running a "west coast" offense. Secondly, there are times when Tyrod hesitates to throw the ball and other times when he gets it out when he has trust in who he's throwing to (Matthews and Charles Clay) as evidenced by what we saw against DEN and ATL.

Dennison is putting him in the shotgun more but it's actually a big misconception that when you are in the shotgun you don't need proper footwork and that's not true. Consistency and timing is all based on proper footwork and when the windows to the receivers are so tight in the NFL, as shown in that article, you need to deliver the ball on time. any openings and the DB is going to recover FAST and that window closes quickly. Timing is the key to consistent QB play

Again, we're looking at the offense around the QBs. Top 2 pass catchers are injured, Veteran LT injured with a Rookie playing in his place, some ridiculous experiment going on at RG, a RT who can maul in run blocking but is completely lost pass blocking. McCoy isn't going to make the pro bowl if his big runs keep getting negated by penalties and he finishes at his current pace (55.8 rYPG, 3.2 YPC, 93.6 tYPG). I don't put that on McCoy, though. Once Clay went down McCoy was literally the only player on O that required the defense's attention other than Tyrod.

Thanks. Tyrod literally won't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open so any great stats you think he has is because he's only throwing to wide open receivers, otherwise he's scrambling. That kind of backyard play doesn't work at the NFL level consistently. You might get a few defensive breakdowns that result in big plays but it's not consistent and when it's time to lead the team down the field you can't do it because you are not a consistent QB.

Anyhow, back on topic. Eli is a much much much much better QB and I still believe he has a couple of good years left in him. But he might decide to retire before he uproots his family and tries to give it another shot elsewhere, unless it was the perfect situation like it was for his brother in Denver.

Dennison is putting him in the shotgun more but it's actually a big misconception that when you are in the shotgun you don't need proper footwork and that's not true. Consistency and timing is all based on proper footwork and when the windows to the receivers are so tight in the NFL, as shown in that article, you need to deliver the ball on time. any openings and the DB is going to recover FAST and that window closes quickly. Timing is the key to consistent QB play

No one is going to dispute any of this, but the point still remains that they aren't running a west coast passing offense.

He was wide open on neither.

WearyLargeKoala-max-14mb.gif

BowedEveryHyracotherium-max-14mb.gif

Clay was open on the bottom one. If you're even you're leavin' and in that clip he has at least 2-3 steps on the defender so that is pretty open. The top one he throws to an area and that is a good throw. For some reason he likes that waggle throw back play, he hit O'Leary on the same play. When you can put it in the window with the sideline as your friend knowing that only your guy can get to it then that is the right play. I would like to see consistent throws like that from him where he throws to an area knowing that only his guy can make the play. Even if it falls incomplete at least you know it was the right read and the right spot and if the receiver wasn't there then that's on them. If Tyrod doesn't see the receiver there waiting then he doesn't throw it and unfortunately it doesn't work like that

Eli has been average for most his career. He got hot during the playoffs and had a strong defense which got them those 2 super bowl wins. I have not seen a better job done against Tom Brady than what the Giants did to him those games. It is funny though to hear all the excuses come out in defense of him but Tyrod is treated differently here. We haven't been able to run the ball effectively this year and as a result has hampered the entire offense which is on the coaching staff. I hope the bye is spent reviewing on what worked last year and incorporating more zone read plays in the offense. Tyrod is a poor fit for what Dennison is trying accomplish so I hope adjustments are made that better fit Tyrod's skillset.

However, I would move on from Tyrod at the end of the year and draft a qb early next year as you need a creative play caller to limit Tyrod's weaknesses and highlight his strengths.

Eli has been average for most his career. He got hot during the playoffs and had a strong defense which got them those 2 super bowl wins. I have not seen a better job done against Tom Brady than what the Giants did to him those games. It is funny though to hear all the excuses come out in defense of him but Tyrod is treated differently here. We haven't been able to run the ball effectively this year and as a result has hampered the entire offense which is on the coaching staff. I hope the bye is spent reviewing on what worked last year and incorporating more zone read plays in the offense. Tyrod is a poor fit for what Dennison is trying accomplish so I hope adjustments are made that better fit Tyrod's skillset.

However, I would move on from Tyrod at the end of the year and draft a qb early next year as you need a creative play caller to limit Tyrod's weaknesses and highlight his strengths.

He led the league 3 times in INTs and I would argue he cannot carry a team. Im just not a huge Eli fan and do not think he should go into the HOF as some think he should.

Tyrod is a mediocre QB who would be severely below mediocre if not for his legs. For some reason he was hesitant to run the ball against the Bengals and the final score reflected that.