Liberals stick to principles, BLAST Weinstein

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Interesting timing... waited until Schneiderman was out as AG. 

Would make no difference. The AG has no authority to intervene in a county DA prosecution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No authority - but could they apply pressure to drop/not charge?

No. DAs are independent and generally have unfettered prosecutorial discretion. They do not answer to the AG. The AG's office itself has no ability to force a duly elected DA to do anything.

That's why Cuomo, as governor of NY, had to issue a directive for the AG to be appointed as a special prosecutor for any cases involving unarmed people being killed by police using excessive force, after the Bronx (I believe) DA tanked a case at Grand Jury against police officers using excessive force, resulting in the death of a black guy who was selling untaxed cigarettes.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Interesting timing... waited until Schneiderman was out as AG. 

And a 3 day weekend.  Where if it went horribly he spends 3 days in jail vs. 2.  But who are we kidding. He will be free in minutes

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

And a 3 day weekend.  Where if it went horribly he spends 3 days in jail vs. 2.  But who are we kidding. He will be free in minutes

He is free on $1MM bond

26 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

No. DAs are independent and generally have unfettered prosecutorial discretion. They do not answer to the AG. The AG's office itself has no ability to force a duly elected DA to do anything.

That's why Cuomo, as governor of NY, had to issue a directive for the AG to be appointed as a special prosecutor for any cases involving unarmed people being killed by police using excessive force, after the Bronx (I believe) DA tanked a case at Grand Jury against police officers using excessive force, resulting in the death of a black guy who was selling untaxed cigarettes.

:beer: 

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Ever notice the people who comment about inflicting harm upon those they disagree with tend to also be in favor of disarming the citizenry?

And they also wonder why people don't want to give up their guns.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Morgan Freeman has been #metoo'd.

?

Everyone can me too. 

I know about 6 women of prominence across the country that I could #metoo in a heartbeat causing them to lose their jobs. One is a lead anchor on TV news in the evening and if anyone found out about her stint in adult films ... Yikes.  Others flat out are extremely lucky they we're never outed for their bull ****.  I am tempted to out one of my own county commissioners, a dude, for being vile scum, as well.