Liberals stick to principles, BLAST Weinstein

You cannot judge a Presidency not even a year into it.

Who do you consider the worst 5 Presidents?

Hoover, Buchanan, Pierce, Carter????????

Dems have nominated a bunch of hopeless losers to get the pummeling everyone knew was coming, bless them for this... :D :D

No, he is a disaster and a POS.

God help us if we need leadership on some issue

It's almost as if both sides do the same ****, but it's only bad when the other team does it.

Well, that's the fallacy of PPP. It's always bad. Its not really a political issue--just gets made out that way around here so some can keep pushing that rock up the hill each day.

It's true, people from both parties have been guilty of sexual harassment. But only one side has been marching in the streets wearing pink hats, or dressed as vagina's, protesting against the other side. It's the sanctimonious display's from the Left that are the big difference here.

But then, you know that....

Edited by OJABBA

It's the Dems and Libs that are getting the rape and pedo accusations hurled at them, undoubtably heading to guilt if it goes that far.

The GOP has rumours and a Senator with a wide stance or something like that. Not even in the same boat....

It's true, people from both parties have been guilty of sexual harassment. But only one side has been marching in the streets wearing pink hats, or dressed as vagina's, protesting against the other side. It's the sanctimonious display's from the Left that are the big difference here.

But then, you know that....

Nobody I know has been dressing up as a vagina. I won't waste any keystrokes defending those idiots. You can cherry pick images from the news and pretend that it represents a population at large, but, again, it's a fallacy. It's called Hasty Generalization. It's far too common and comes from people all over the ideological spectrum.

You're just grinding your little axe. Grind, grind, grind. Libs, libs, libs. Dems, dems, dems. I don't see the point of it.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Nobody I know has been dressing up as a vagina. I won't waste any keystrokes defending those idiots. You can cherry pick images from the news and pretend that it represents a population at large, but, again, it's a fallacy. It's called Hasty Generalization. It's far too common and comes from people all over the ideological spectrum.

Huh?

You missed that massive march? You must not have social media, because virtually EVERY woman I know who is a Democrat (almost all my friends and family. That is a large part of why it bothers me so much) either marched or somehow made a public display of support. It was RAMPANT.

Cool...find me something equivalent from the Right on this subject.

You're just grinding your little axe. Grind, grind, grind. Libs, libs, libs. Dems, dems, dems. I don't see the point of it.

There's a point to it (in general, not with regards to individual posters here):

Divide and conquer.

Keep the masses fighting with one another rather than picking up the pitchforks...

Political parties are tools of division. They're no different from one another, not in reality or in how they govern/legislate. They're two wings on the same bird.

There's a point to it (in general, not with regards to individual posters here):

Divide and conquer.

Keep the masses fighting with one another rather than picking up the pitchforks...

Political parties are tools of division. They're no different from one another, not in reality or in how they govern/legislate. They're two wings on the same bird.

Duh. Left wing/right wing.

Why's that? Guy speaks the truth.

He has a punchface, regardless.

Steven Hawking also has a punchface, IMO. Yes, it is politically incorrect to say as much, but it is also a bit rude to treat him specially due to a handicap. His face would be punchable, regardless.

Picture on the right is Hawking before God smote the **** out of him. Highly punchable. Picture on left is Nash, who God also smote, just not as badly as he did Hawking.

stephen-hawking-is-john-nash-ear-match.j

I just saw the added part...

Actually, I have been a very vocal supporter of the Democratic Party for about 30 years. It's only been the last couple that I finally noticed that the party has been taken over by creeps.

I consider myself an independent, and right now, the Left is out of sorts, so I criticize it.

Edited by OJABBA

Divide and conquer.

This is true; there is no true political choice in this country or widespread representation of diverging political viewpoints. Not sure your average American gets that. The wonks on TV who love politics never seem to talk about this, either.

There really is only one ruling class, and that is the corporate/billionaire ownership class.

They control everything, support the big political names on both sides of the aisle so they can't lose elections, and benefit from what is now a corrupt political system.

Money buys the politicians and dictates what laws they pass, to benefit the money.

It's all broken. The Greeks who invented all this stuff predicted where we are now. From chaos and anarchy comes democracy. From democracy comes oligarchy. From oligarchy comes anarchy, and around and around the wheel goes.

The USA has been an oligarchy since at least some time in the 1970s, and probably before then too. It really hit its stride in the '80s though when the dynamics that govern current US national politics really took root.

The USA in 2017 is analogous to Ancient Rome, circa @ 150 AD in my opinion. Still top dog on the planet, but our best days are @ 50 years behind us and we are in a state of downward spiral.

It is a nice, gradual descent. Just slow enough that no one really notices it and most still think we are still #1 in everything.

My favorite statistic: the USA is now like 12th in the world on the "American Dream" scale. Meaning, if you are born into a lower portion of society and want to move up, i.e., live the American Dream, you have a better shot at doing so in 11 nations (I believe it was) other than the USA.

The Scandinavian countries rank very highly nowadays if you are looking to pursue the American Dream.

Maybe try there. The weather probably isn't much worse than Buffalo anyway!

CATHY YOUNG: Is ‘Weinsteining’ getting out of hand?

The fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandals and the ripples from the “#MeToo” movement are having indubitably positive effects — above all, exposing and bringing to account predators who have enjoyed impunity due to their power and status. But there are some pitfalls. Many people — not just men with skeletons in the closet — fear that careers may be destroyed over minor misconduct and ambiguous transgressions. Troubling rhetoric abounds, condemning all sexually tinged dynamics in the workplace, stereotyping men as abusers and women as perpetual victims in need of quasi-Victorian protections

What’s the endpoint? Where women have to be covered at all times and accompanies by a male relative when outside the home.

The lack of court cases that will honestly weigh the evidence under cross-examination is essential to future work.

In Canada we had a noted media creep get accused of sexual assault but those who came forward to testify were shot down with nothing remotely real under oath. He probably is a creep and his career is ruined by innuendo and zero evidence.

:D:D:D Of course. More evidence that Spacey is a pervert is coming out. It kind of sucks as he's always been one of my favorite actors.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/media/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-harassment/index.html

"He would put his hands on me in weird ways," the crew member said. "He would come in and massage my shoulders from behind or put his hands around me or touch my stomach sometimes in weird ways that in normal everyday conversation would not be appropriate."

This crew member said he did not "feel comfortable" telling Spacey to stop.

Seriously...grow a pair. I've had similar happen to me in a workplace. I was never afraid to say "That **** is unprofessional and it bothers me. Knock it off."

I have no sympathy for adult men who are the complacent victims of !@#$ing tummy rubs. :wallbash:

:lol:

Seriously...at some point, someone's going to come out and accuse someone of harassing them by playing the "I'm not touching you" game, and they were afraid of saying anything. And I will think "You don't need justice, you need a !@#$ing six year old to explain how to deal with the 'I'm not touching you' game."

We are actually equating this **** to forcible rape...which sucks for people who are non-criminal dickheads, but is so much worse for the victims of criminal dickheads who see their experience demeaned by the comparison.

Seriously...at some point, someone's going to come out and accuse someone of harassing them by playing the "I'm not touching you" game, and they were afraid of saying anything. And I will think "You don't need justice, you need a !@#$ing six year old to explain how to deal with the 'I'm not touching you' game."

We are actually equating this **** to forcible rape...which sucks for people who are non-criminal dickheads, but is so much worse for the victims of criminal dickheads who see their experience demeaned by the comparison.

Oh, I'm with you. The overreaction makes the honest efforts to confront the true predators more problematic than it needs to be.