• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overated place in west seneca

bar bill used to be good,sucks now

giant beef there

another one overated

OK, you've managed to run down most of the places mentioned so far (with no mention of why they aren't among your favorites, other than price). So what are your favorite places for BoW in WNY?

And, "giant" is only one characteristic of a great BoW (and not the biggest factor either), IMO. I'm more interested in quality than quantity, but to each their own.

I never go to Schwabls and I live a few hundred feet away. Yech like bloody raw

Wiechecs in Kaisertown. Or Blackthorn

A great BoW should be pretty rare, IMO of course. But if you don't like it rare, you can usually ask. Typically they just let it soak in the warm au jus longer, to cook a bit. My typical complaint is overcooked (and tough) beef. I know of nothing that can make well done beef rarer.

bar bill used to be good,sucks now

Not sure how long ago you considered them "good," but I've been going there every year for about 6-7 years and I think their wings are the best on earth.

If they suck now, they must have been un !@#$ing real before.

Not sure how long ago you considered them "good," but I've been going there every year for about 6-7 years and I think their wings are the best on earth.

They cop 'tudes there @ Barbil, but all good places cop attitudes. Why I love this board. I love Barbil too. Heck, service and blowing sunshine up my arse isn't that important to me. Treat me like dirt, even better.

"Perhaps I've grown a little cynical

But I know no matter what the waitress brings

I shall drink it and always be full

Yeah, I will drink it and always be full"

They cop 'tudes there @ Barbil, but all good places cop attitudes. Why I love this board. I love Barbil too. Heck, service and blowing sunshine up my arse isn't that important to me. Treat me like dirt, even better.

"Perhaps I've grown a little cynical

But I know no matter what the waitress brings

I shall drink it and always be full

Yeah, I will drink it and always be full"

I've heard this before but I've never experienced it. Every year, I get excellent service at Bar Bill.

I've heard this before but I've never experienced it. Every year, I get excellent service at Bar Bill.

Maybe it's just us non-beautiful people that run into the problems. ;-)

Honestly, I am so clueless, can't pick up on a bad vibe. I leave that to the boss & kids.

Then, I have been there the last couple times when it was packed. We are very forgiving anyway. Gotta be a pain in the azz to serve the more "difficult" people of the world, let alone wings in WNY. I usually tip more anyway (20-30%).

A couple years ago, I was bar hopping from Niagara Falls to Buffalo. I was tormenting (via email/text/calls) old WNYers who now live in NYC, Boston, LA,SF, etc. "I'm at the Wagon Wheel. Just had a Maker's Mark for $2.50",

is Wagon Wheel the place that used to be or maybe is still there on the Niagara Falls Blvd at that funny intersection next to the old Bell plant?

No one has mentioned Swistons in Tonawanda. Is that place still there?

OK, you've managed to run down most of the places mentioned so far (with no mention of why they aren't among your favorites, other than price). So what are your favorite places for BoW in WNY?

I think he likes none since they do not have ranch on them. His post is just like on main wall - nothing substantial and just bashing.

is Wagon Wheel the place that used to be or maybe is still there on the Niagara Falls Blvd at that funny intersection next to the old Bell plant?

No one has mentioned Swistons in Tonawanda. Is that place still there?

Wagon Wheel is on Pine Ave. in LaSalle, at the corner of 72nd. I'm not sure where the Bell plant was.

I think he likes none since they do not have ranch on them. His post is just like on main wall - nothing substantial and just bashing.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that poster, so I wasn't sure. But given the tone of the post, I suspected it was just an idiot.

I used to live there in EA. I knew joe and Marci the owners. Wings were buy one get one on Tuesday. That is long gone

I never go to Schwabls and I live a few hundred feet away. Yech like bloody raw

Wiechecs in Kaisertown. Or Blackthorn

good move, the ones you mentioned are much better

And, "giant" is only one characteristic of a great BoW (and not the biggest factor either), IMO. I'm more interested in quality than quantity, but to each their own.

A great BoW should be pretty rare, IMO of course. But if you don't like it rare, you can usually ask. Typically they just let it soak in the warm au jus longer, to cook a bit. My typical complaint is overcooked (and tough) beef. I know of nothing that can make well done beef rarer.

The Davison inn in Lockport and Kelly’ corner

**** their service is a joke. Wait sometimes over 1/2 hour plus or more. For friggin wings. Been going there for over 35 plus years. Stopped going because of the wait

Barbill has changed now it’s a tourist trap

I used to live there in EA. I knew joe and Marci the owners. Wings were buy one get one on Tuesday. That is long gone

good move, the ones you mentioned are much better

The Davison inn in Lockport and Kelly’ corner

**** their service is a joke. Wait sometimes over 1/2 hour plus or more. For friggin wings. Been going there for over 35 plus years. Stopped going because of the wait

Barbill has changed now it’s a tourist trap

Waiting for a seat isn't poor service. It's limited capacity.

Since I drive 5+ hours to get there and only go once/year, I guess I'd be considered a tourist. So be it.

The wings and beef on weck are delicious, the drafts are only $4 and I love it all - including the service - every time I go.

Tourist trap! Everybody who lives there hates the place the barbill

Waiting for a seat isn't poor service. It's limited capacity.

Since I drive 5+ hours to get there and only go once/year, I guess I'd be considered a tourist. So be it.

The wings and beef on weck are delicious, the drafts are only $4 and I love it all - including the service - every time I go.

how long have you been going there.

Five hours is long way too go. Not me and I used live there

Tourist trap! Everybody who lives there hates the place the barbill

how long have you been going there.

Five hours is long way too go. Not me and I used live there

Six or Seven years, now.

Funny, the night before the Denver game I went there with an old EA native who loved it.

I only go there when I'm in town for a Bills game. And it's always packed with locals, too.

How long ago did they bar you?

Bar from what

**** i’ve Been going there longer than your age probably.

Lou Ann you know her one of the nice waitresses there

Bar from what**** i’ve Been going there longer than your age probably.Lou Ann you know her one of the nice waitresses there

Glad you like it keep going. Rather go to another watering hole in town

Sidebar: Why do they call it a slider? Is it suppose to be small enough to just "slide down" the hatch? And did White Castle start this term?

/in_before_google

Does Burger King have sliders? Maybe they would slide IN, but at the other end they could be "shooters". On the list of fast food places I don't do, BK is at the top of a long list. Maybe it's just me....

Wagon Wheel is on Pine Ave. in LaSalle, at the corner of 72nd. I'm not sure where the Bell plant was.

Google maps is my friend. Not sure why I didn't think about using it before. The intersection I was trying to describe is Walmore and Niagara Falls Blvd. There is another road crossing that intersection so it is one of those 6 corner things. I thought I remembered a Wagon Wheel bar there on the right hand side if you were driving towards Buffalo. Maybe I just don't remember correctly. I am thinking in the 60's and 70's. I thought I remember a big Wagon Wheel outside of the place.

The Bell plant I refer to is the Bell Areonautics, which later I think became Calspan and now Lockheed Martin. They probably employed over a 1000 back in the 60's. That was also the site where the first hovercraft was built. It is the south eastern corner of the Niagara Falls Airport.

Looks like there is a Subway and something else there now. I checked out the current Wagon Wheel and I remember seeing it but not the place I thought I remembered. Just 3 blocks from Buzzies.