USA Today article on Beef on Weck

Google maps is my friend. Not sure why I didn't think about using it before. The intersection I was trying to describe is Walmore and Niagara Falls Blvd. There is another road crossing that intersection so it is one of those 6 corner things. I thought I remembered a Wagon Wheel bar there on the right hand side if you were driving towards Buffalo. Maybe I just don't remember correctly. I am thinking in the 60's and 70's. I thought I remember a big Wagon Wheel outside of the place.

The Bell plant I refer to is the Bell Areonautics, which later I think became Calspan and now Lockheed Martin. They probably employed over a 1000 back in the 60's. That was also the site where the first hovercraft was built. It is the south eastern corner of the Niagara Falls Airport.

Looks like there is a Subway and something else there now. I checked out the current Wagon Wheel and I remember seeing it but not the place I thought I remembered. Just 3 blocks from Buzzies.

Gotcha. The bar I really liked around Walmore and NF Blvd was The Green Lantern. But there was a big place, known for wings, right on NF Blvd, but I can't remember the name of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic