patriot bride

nuklz2594

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One of my best friends is a Pats** fan.  He serves great gin and tonics. 

I'm confused... So are you suggesting that you could imagine getting romantic with a Pats* fan, as long as he served great gin and tonics?  :huh:

I've met several Pats* fans who are life long fans.  They're actually nice folks since they've lived through the lean years of the 1990s when we typically beat them twice a year, and have admitted as much.  They know they're fortunate and view the last five or so years as icing on the cake as they realize Brady is on borrowed time; that when he's done the party is over.

It's the new, bandwagon fans who are the arrogant, condescending, insufferable pricks.  They'll all go away once the Pats* start to suck again.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, smuvtalker said:

My condolences on your wife being a Pats fan. I couldn't imagine that. No such issues in my household, my wife is a Saints fan, and I like the Saints as well. The only time we have issues is when she occasionally likes to bring up "at least we have a ring" line. When our 7 year old daughter is in the room, I let the comment slide...

My significant other is a Saints fan, too. She was born and raised in Metairie, LA.  We've been living in NOLA for just over a year, now, and I've been debating whether or not to go to the local Bills Backers bar with her tomorrow. She sorta knows her football, but she's enough of an unabashed smack talker that she can even get on my nerves at times with it... While the Saints are certainly having a good season since those opening 2 losses, so the current optimism among their fans is warranted, anyone who thinks Bills fans are a bunch of non-objective, rose colored glasses wearing homers has never been to Who Dat Nation.

2 hours ago, transient said:

My significant other is a Saints fan, too. She was born and raised in Metairie, LA.  We've been living in NOLA for just over a year, now, and I've been debating whether or not to go to the local Bills Backers bar with her tomorrow. She sorta knows her football, but she's enough of an unabashed smack talker that she can even get on my nerves at times with it... While the Saints are certainly having a good season since those opening 2 losses, so the current optimism among their fans is warranted, anyone who thinks Bills fans are a bunch of non-objective, rose colored glasses wearing homers has never been to Who Dat Nation.

My wife's father and his wife live in Metairie.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, transient said:

That's pretty cool, do you like living in New Orleans?  I lived there for a few months, the food is absolutely amazing, the people are really great and genuine, but I can never stay there longer than a few days before it's time to go.  But God bless their food....mmm.

Is the local Bills backers bar there still a place called the Fox and the Hound?  I think that might have been the name...but I remember when I went there were a few Bills fans there, but the spot itself was really nice, semi-upscale, lots of pool tables, and I can't really remember anything special about the food.  But pretty good beer on tap, laid back atmosphere, LOTS of tvs...

Edited by smuvtalker
Forgot to add content

7 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

That's pretty cool, do you like living in New Orleans?  I lived there for a few months, the food is absolutely amazing, the people are really great and genuine, but I can never stay there longer than a few days before it's time to go.  But God bless their food....mmm.

Is the local Bills backers bar there still a place called the Fox and the Hound?  I think that might have been the name...but I remember when I went there were a few Bills fans there, but the spot itself was really nice, semi-upscale, lots of pool tables, and I can't really remember anything special about the food.  But pretty good beer on tap, laid back atmosphere, LOTS of tvs...

I have a love-hate relationship with the city.

When I’m just having fun and enjoying the city it’s great. Love the people (literally and figuratively, apparently ?). The food is dangerous... I can’t stop eating like I’m on vacation, and my waistline is paying the price.

When I actually want to get something accomplished it’s a little less accommodating. Nothing is straightforward, and there’s no sense of urgency. Having lived here previously, you can probably appreciate that, while everyone knows the city has this reputation, actually living this reality can be eye-opening. 

When I’m at the mercy of anything service related I just want to scream.

Fat Harry’s on St Charles uptown is the current Bills Backers location. It’s a good place to watch a game. Good beer selection. Good bar food. They’ve imported Molson and Labbatt, and are making their wings with Frank’s and doing them extra crispy on request, and for non-WNY wings they’re actually pretty good. The kindred similarly afflicted Bills fans are obviously the best part.