Another Deplaning by Force

ExiledInIllinois

This time SWA:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airplane-mode/southwest-airlines-apologizes-after-video-shows-woman-being-dragged-plane-n805111

Which side do you break? Normally, I would side the human. In this case, what does she expect, the whole world to stop for her allergy.

Not sure why Southwest is apolgizing. If one has a life threatening medical situation, why not have the certificate like the rules say. But BUT but, my father is having surgery!

¡Ay, caramba!

She states that she has a life threatening medical condition but carries no documentation, or prescriptions to verify? Then pleads to stay?? What did she expect? The aircrew has no way to verify her "fitness to fly," so Buh-bye!

As I read, she wanted the crew to make the injection for the allergy if needed... Which they can't, by rules do without that paper. I don't blame SWA for covering their legal azzes in this over-litigious society.

She gone! Stop acting like a 2 year old.

If she wanted to cause a real schitstorm, don't even say a word. Let it ride, get that plane up in air and see what happens. Now we got a big bird flying across the sky throwing shadows on our eyes. It leaves us helpless, helpless, helpless, helpless!

She wanted to see her infirmed father... Don't open your fat trap! Let it ride. A 100 passengers, two dogs, and a lady passing, freaking out 35,000 feet above our heads... Whoa Nellie! Slow down girl, that ain't cool!

Like when a boat is coming through the lock. Some think they will get through faster and have special treatment if they say they are taking on water and sinking. Oops, wrong thing to say! One of the only times I can deny entry and kick it out. Take it to the shore. Beach it! Can't have it sink and block navigation.

People are so stupid. She wants them to remove the other passengers. One animal was a service dog. "Look @ me, I am so special, I got an allergy!" Hey lady, professor, whoever you think you are... Your handicap will be accomdated and respected if you follow the rules too!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

There are lots of reasons to deny boarding or have someone removed.

Airline crews do not administer injections. They do have a few things on board, but if necessary, they find a physician or licensed medical individual to do it, and there is almost always one on board. Wouldn't be done at the gate though. You'd have the passenger removed and handled by airport medical folks, who are available.

Passengers do not have the right to limit other passenger's options, but if they state they have a condition at the time of the reservation, if possible, they will be accommodated.

This happens more frequently with people who have peanut allergies.

This professor now has to face five separate charges.

Pretty dumb move.

Edited by sherpa

It's great if you listen to the witness accounts of what transpired(sorry, can't attach them here),

But they say that she was fighting with the police while saying "I'm trying to walk here". She's just another liberal trying to make it look like she was being abused all the while she was the abuser.

What a douche!

It's great if you listen to the witness accounts of what transpired(sorry, can't attach them here),

But they say that she was fighting with the police while saying "I'm trying to walk here". She's just another liberal trying to make it look like she was being abused all the while she was the abuser.

What a douche!

You can tell she's a liberal? Is there a mark on her forehead?

As if this couldn't habe been predicted once they started allowing animals in the cabins.

Who's more of a snowflake, people demanding their service animals or the person who gets sick from a service animal?

As I read, she wanted the crew to make the injection for the allergy if needed... Which they can't, by rules do without that paper. I don't blame SWA for covering their legal azzes in this over-litigious society.

She gone! Stop acting like a 2 year old.

If she wanted to cause a real schitstorm, don't even say a word. Let it ride, get that plane up in air and see what happens. Now we got a big bird flying across the sky throwing shadows on our eyes. It leaves us helpless, helpless, helpless, helpless!

She wanted to see her infirmed father... Don't open your fat trap! Let it ride. A 100 passengers, two dogs, and a lady passing, freaking out 35,000 feet above our heads... Whoa Nellie! Slow down girl, that ain't cool!

Like when a boat is coming through the lock. Some think they will get through faster and have special treatment if they say they are taking on water and sinking. Oops, wrong thing to say! One of the only times I can deny entry and kick it out. Take it to the shore. Beach it! Can't have it sink and block navigation.

People are so stupid. She wants them to remove the other passengers. One animal was a service dog. "Look @ me, I am so special, I got an allergy!" Hey lady, professor, whoever you think you are... Your handicap will be accomdated and respected if you follow the rules too!

EIL - This may be one of your best comments. Well done!!

I am not a fan of this whole pet thing being acceptable in 'public businesses', stores, restaurants etc...that being said, it has become generally acceptable and i just keep my mouth shut and just deal with it. I would NEVER complain about an pet being in a restaurant, I simply am not a fan of the practice. Too often have I seen restaurants stop the policy because somebody ruined it for those that do take advantage of the 'benefit'. People really do just suck

As if this couldn't habe been predicted once they started allowing animals in the cabins.

Who's more of a snowflake, people demanding their service animals or the person who gets sick from a service animal?

Looking for money in the long run. lawsuit coming, looking for payday

Isn't going to happen, at least the payout.

People do all kinds of funny things on airplanes, and make all kinds of bizarre demands.

I once had the wife of a hall of fame QB refuse to sit for takeoff, (and said she wouldn't for landing either), becasue she had cosmetic butt surgery the day before.

She said she would stand in the galley.

Fortunately, her "demand" was made known at the gate, so it was resolved there.

Edited by sherpa

So this idiot claims she has a life threatening allergy (probably just as a means to complain for no reason), and then freaks out when she finds out there are rules about that? Hahaha....!@#$ her, stupid B word.

This. Oh... And they ripped her pants.

Did you hear the passengers chiming in. LoL... "Gee Lady, just get off the plane." If you walking, then walk.

Back in the day my two year old son played nicer on flights and never ripped his diaper!

Anyway... What's the vote for a GBiD thread?

What a douche!

Hey Gaylord:

I am a liberal and don't side with crazy professor. I think she is a douche too. Have you been watching too much:

I am not a fan of this whole pet thing being acceptable in 'public businesses', stores, restaurants etc...that being said, it has become generally acceptable and i just keep my mouth shut and just deal with it. I would NEVER complain about an pet being in a restaurant, I simply am not a fan of the practice. Too often have I seen restaurants stop the policy because somebody ruined it for those that do take advantage of the 'benefit'. People really do just suck

I agree with both you guys (GG).

People are abusing the pet thing too. I am not a big fan of the animals in public.

I would like to know the story behind the two dogs in cabin. One was a pet, so I assume a small animal in carrier. Other a service dog. Was the passenger blind? I hope, it wasn't an "emotional support" animal... IMO, people are abusing that too.

Like I said before. Get that bird up and roll the dice. How dumb is this professor? Picking a fight there, on the tarmac, with no certificate is like pissing on a wildfire.

Isn't going to happen, at least the payout.

People do all kinds of funny things on airplanes, and make all kinds of bizarre demands.

I once had the wife of a hall of fame QB refuse to sit for takeoff, (and said she wouldn't for landing either), becasue she had cosmetic butt surgery the day before.

She said she would stand in the galley.

Fortunately, her "demand" was made known at the gate, so it was resolved there.

I take... They didn't allow her to board?

Holy Crap... Standing during take off and landing... Just bizzare. How would you as a passenger or crew like that surgically altered butt flying in your face! LoL... Maybe I shouldn't be laughing. Yet, way too funny!

Agreed that "service dog" is being abused. They don't necessarily need to be for only the blind. PTSD, autistic, etc. I suggest checking out the Canine Companions for Independance site for more info / education - http://www.cci.org

Yeah... And some of the other ailments are legit and well intentioned by accommodating the ailments. Don't want a vet w/PTSD snapping @ 35k feet either just as you don't want a lady going into anaphylactic shock from a peanut or a dog.

I really don't know what can be done in such an individualistic thinking culture.

I agree with both you guys (GG).

People are abusing the pet thing too. I am not a big fan of the animals in public.

I would like to know the story behind the two dogs in cabin. One was a pet, so I assume a small animal in carrier. Other a service dog. Was the passenger blind? I hope, it wasn't an "emotional support" animal... IMO, people are abusing that too.

Like I said before. Get that bird up and roll the dice. How dumb is this professor? Picking a fight there, on the tarmac, with no certificate is like pissing on a wildfire.

I take... They didn't allow her to board?

Holy Crap... Standing during take off and landing... Just bizzare. How would you as a passenger or crew like that surgically altered butt flying in your face! LoL... Maybe I shouldn't be laughing. Yet, way too funny!

Regarding your comment on getting the airplane in the air and "rolling the dice," that doesn't happen.

There's an old axiom in aviation: "Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than being in the air wishing you were on the ground."

You simply don't take problems airborne.

On the "service" dog issue, it's complete nonsense and one of the problems that we will see more of in the future.

You need an MD "prescription" to justify it, and they are not hard to get, because the MD really doesn't care.

There was an MD in the Dominican Republic who used to charge for them. Made quite a bit of money doing it, I'm told, so every time you'd leave Santo Domingo, there'd be about ten of them, which is not possible to handle.

Big thing in LA as well.

Have a great day.

Regarding your comment on getting the airplane in the air and "rolling the dice," that doesn't happen.

There's an old axiom in aviation: "Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than being in the air wishing you were on the ground."

You simply don't take problems airborne.

On the "service" dog issue, it's complete nonsense and one of the problems that we will see more of in the future.

You need an MD "prescription" to justify it, and they are not hard to get, because the MD really doesn't care.

There was an MD in the Dominican Republic who used to charge for them. Made quite a bit of money doing it, I'm told, so every time you'd leave Santo Domingo, there'd be about ten of them, which is not possible to handle.

Big thing in LA as well.

Have a great day.

I should probably clarify. I am not espousing that for myself or others. I would never do it. People are so screwy and selfish, individualistic, I am surprised that they don't figure it out and just remain quiet. People make scrwey risk assessments. Only going to get worse with this story coming to light. Wanna get home, just shut up. Yes, it's complicated.

Oh, a lot of people are lazy as hell too. That won't help. We are forgetting how to act and work with the group.

Pets, yes.

Service animals (real ones, not the "My cat keeps me from stressing out" variety) are a different matter.

We've flown with our dog before. We buy him an extra seat (even though he must stay under it in the carrier) because we always think "what if the person next to us is allergic to dogs!?" And our dog has hair, not fur, so an allergy is really unlikely (but you never know).

I actually was surprised to see SWA now allows pets on planes. For the longest time, they were the only airline that did not allow animals in the cabin (except service animals which are allowed everywhere). They still do not allow them in cargo, so larger dogs are SOL.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal