Ramon Humber anyone?

Navin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are constantly noticing someone on TV during the game it is usually because 1 reason.

They are being targeted hard. The gameplan is to go at them and see if they can hang. Humber has been targeted very heavily all 3 games. Making some plays and missing some

Poyer has been targeted a lot all 3 games as well and is holding it down . They may start moving away from Poyer and go to attacking Humber more

Tre got tested last week, had a rough start and finished Strong. If I'm attacking anyone on the defense it is Humber

Great points. Denver tried attacking our young corners and it wasn't working for them. Vance Joseph said as much in his presser, Tre and EJ played better than he expected. Humber is probably the weak link but he's holding his own. I love this defense, players and scheme.

Many teams sub in for nickel. Bills don't have to.

By definition a true nickel formation is 4 d line. 2 LBrs, and 5 DBs. Or a 3-3-5

A true nickel keeps 2 LBrs in our scheme

Dime sets and quarter packages bring in more sub packages

Edited by Buffalo716

There hasn't been a need for someone else. Shows how important Brown and Humber are to this top 10 defense. Both are irreplaceable.

Well that's what I was getting at.

He stays on the field in most packages because he is playing good 3 down ball.

Don't need to replace your WILL in sub packages when he hasn't given you a reason too

Great points. Denver tried attacking our young corners and it wasn't working for them. Vance Joseph said as much in his presser, Tre and EJ played better than he expected. Humber is probably the weak link but he's holding his own. I love this defense, players and scheme.

Yep they play good as a unit!

I actually was high on Gaines when we traded for him. My posts when it happened back it up.

I said when we acquired him that he was a prototypical zone corner with good instincts and was a ball hawk. Good in run support and a better fit for this scheme than Darby

Can't throw at him and Tre all day, they will get you eventually

Who else would play at this point?

They are clearly the best 2 options for the nickel besides maybe lorax...

Can't play the rooks, not ready

stand Hughes up, pull Humber. Put in the 4DL.

Put Blanton in at SS and play cover 4 nickel.

There are many options. Humber started poorly against the Jets but has quickly become a working piece of this defense

stand Hughes up, pull Humber. Put in the 4DL.

Put Blanton in at SS and play cover 4 nickel.

There are many options. Humber started poorly against the Jets but has quickly become a working piece of this defense

Am I misinterpreting what you're saying? Stand Hughes up and put in a 4th DL....meaning you want to take away your best pass rusher in nickel situations?

I also don't think McDermott runs much cover 4.

Am I misinterpreting what you're saying? Stand Hughes up and put in a 4th DL....meaning you want to take away your best pass rusher in nickel situations?

I also don't think McDermott runs much cover 4.

Hughes has gone in to coverage several time a game this year.

i'd say he'll end up grading out as a B by the end of the year, which is great considering he was essentially a freebie. Had a great Jets game, so-so Panthers and looked pretty good against Denver.

For me the excitement is in the d-backs. 100% turnover and might end up a top 5 defensive backfield, overpaying for nobody.

i'd say he'll end up grading out as a B by the end of the year, which is great considering he was essentially a freebie. Had a great Jets game, so-so Panthers and looked pretty good against Denver.

For me the excitement is in the d-backs. 100% turnover and might end up a top 5 defensive backfield, overpaying for nobody.

freebie is right. Most of us couldn't view him as a starter.