Rick Dennison is "Tayloring" the Bills' Offense

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of guys on here don't like Dennison (or Tyrod for that matter) but isn't this what you want? A coach who schemes for the players that are actually on his roster?

I for one would certainly prefer that than for a guy to design an offense around Tom Brady when that's just not who we have.

Roll outs and play action play to TTs strengths and helps the offensive line by making the defense have to hesitate. This also helps the offense when it is a 3, 5, seven step drop.

The Bills have played 3 very good run defensive teams this year while incorporating a new run scheme. I believe the run offense will be much better for the rest of the season.

Shady will get his yards. I thought the 2 passes he converted to first downs against Denver and the run for another first down late in the fourth quarter was vintage Shady. He is amazing.

The WRs may not be even close to the better receiving corps in the NFL but it looks like to me they are getting open and making plays.

It's going to be a tough game in Atlanta. Crucial to get the running game going, long drives on offense. Atlanta WRs are going to put a lot of pressure on the Bills defense.

what looks better, a QB that is limited but successful if you change what you're doing or a qb that isn't successful sticking to your game plan?

Example: rex and Rob's defense

we will CONTINUE to leave darby and gilmore on islands even though they're getting torched deep because THAT's how this defense is effective 61% of the time!

We do not have a conventionally strong passing attack. Taylor's primary strength is his ability to roll out and either pass or run. Not to mention wearing out the pass rush. If Dennison can build on Taylor's strengths and the Bills make the playoffs, Dennison would be the Offensive Coordinator of the year and a strong candidate for a head coach.

I know a lot of guys on here don't like Dennison (or Tyrod for that matter) but isn't this what you want? A coach who schemes for the players that are actually on his roster?

I for one would certainly prefer that than for a guy to design an offense around Tom Brady when that's just not who we have.

that's what I want. the narrative pre season was he was just going to run his system and tyrod would fail cause he cant. in what world does that make sense? then people were like we will take a qb high in the draft. well then do we want a guy who just destroyed a pretty good offense grooming the new qb? nope. so dennison gets fired and has to start at the bottom again. the common sense thing would be for him to tailor the offense which would at least stay the same or maybe even improve and then dennison becomes a head coach candidate...cause look what he can do with tyrod imagine what he can do with so and so!

we will CONTINUE to leave darby and gilmore on islands even though they're getting torched deep because THAT's how this defense is effective 61% of the time!

That stat is 100% accurate. The other 39% of the time the D was getting scored on. How could we possibly be better than that? Rex in-effect-ual.

@theMMQB

10 Things @Andy_Benoit Thinks ahead of Week 4: On Deshaun Watson, Pats run D v. Carolina, Brees could carve up Miami: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/29/deshaun-watson-houston-texans-week-4-preview-bill-belichick-patriots-carolina-panthers
7. The Bills are finding an identity on offense. Much of it centers around putting Tyrod Taylor on the move (smart). This means a lot of crossing patterns downfield. Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison has been shrewd in his zone coverage-attacking designs here, which is important given how Bills opponents play less man-to-man because of Taylor’s mobility. There will be more zone this week when the Bills travel to Atlanta. Dan Quinn’s young safeties and linebackers had trouble identifying downfield crossing routes early last season but improved in the second half. Dennison will test those improvements.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We do not have a conventionally strong passing attack. Taylor's primary strength is his ability to roll out and either pass or run. Not to mention wearing out the pass rush. If Dennison can build on Taylor's strengths and the Bills make the playoffs, Dennison would be the Offensive Coordinator of the year and a strong candidate for a head coach.

something so obvious. yet I never factored it into the equation.

lets see how the Offense develops. It Is early to reach much conclusion yet.

New team all around should be the mantra for us

Nice post breh. Gettjng hyped for tomorrow and seeing how we stack up.

yes indeedy !