Dennison's offense is consistent

CanadianFan

Taylor's ability to draw defenders and then throw is something Dennison needs to take advantage of as much as possible. The TD to Clay was a perfect example.....as he squared up to the line, you could see the Denver defenders preparing to stop him which left Clay wide open. A little flick to Clay and there you have it.

Although Zay hasn't been crisp yet, I do think it's a product of him being a rookie and not that he can't catch. He'll settle down once the game slows down for him. Hopefully that'll be soon. As far as Shady is concerned, just being on the field changes the dynamic for any opposing defense. So whether he has 100 yards rushing or 30 yards rushing, his presence can have a positive effect on the Bills' offense.

The only complaint I have with Dennison so far is playcalling. He had one good game yesterday and one poor game against the Panthers. The Jets was OK.

There was a point yesterday where the pass was working effectively and we suddenly started going into a shell with predictable run calls. And it was still a 1 score game at that point. And to start the game too. Predictable play calling.

But to be fair, new OC, all new WR, and QB missed time in preseason; they all need to get in sync still.

Just 2 points I'll make.

1 - it isn't an insinuation, it's a FACT where we're ranked.

2 - I said we faced 2 top 5 Ds. clearly implying this offense will perform better once we face lesser defenses. Like we did in week 1. We had 400 yards on Jets.

The only complaint I have with Dennison so far is playcalling. He had one good game yesterday and one poor game against the Panthers. The Jets was OK.

There was a point yesterday where the pass was working effectively and we suddenly started going into a shell with predictable run calls. And it was still a 1 score game at that point. And to start the game too. Predictable play calling.

But to be fair, new OC, all new WR, and QB missed time in preseason; they all need to get in sync still.

Yeah. His play calling has been questionable. That might be because he's still a rookie at this despite being years in the league. If he improves in the second half, I'll take it.

That pissed me off so much. Thr play calling afger the turnovers was almlst mind boggling. You have to go for the juggular there or you have a good chance of paying for it later. We got lucky this time but Dennison needs to call more pass plays and go for 6 on those drives/situations and trust Tyrods ability to protect the ball.

The Bills offense won't be putting up huge or impressive numbers this season mainly because the defense will be good enough to keep the Bills in a lot of their games this season. So expect a lot of conservative play that will keep turnovers low but also muzzle the numbers a bit.

Interesting how it looks from the non-Bills fan perspective. Former Bronco Alfred Williams (one of the better local analysts) on local Denver radio today: "The Bills seemed better prepared to take on the Broncos than the Broncos were to take on the Bills." He specifically mentioned some of the offensive strategy - slow developing plays that took advantage of Tyrod's elusiveness (often rolling him left) to allow less talented receivers to get an edge on the Broncos excellent CBs. "No one, not even Harris or Talib, can stick with a receiver crossing over from one side of the field to the other." He saw this as strategy, not just Tyrod's propensity to hold onto the ball too long, and effective strategy at that.

Our run game has been inept the past two games.

If Dennison allows Tyrod to rollout and move the pocket as much as he did yesterday in most games we are going to be able to do some damage I think...that puts defenders in a hell of a position...take Tyrod or stay with the defender...stop trying to make him be something he isn't...let him be what he is...an exceptional athlete playing QB that can make good throws when he can get space.

denver is number 1 against the run and car is 14 but very good. now we get to feast on the lesser teams coming up.

Yep.

And we saw glimpses vs Denver of the play action that will be our staple in the pass attack, which will only be more effective once we bounce back in the run game

That pissed me off so much. Thr play calling afger the turnovers was almlst mind boggling. You have to go for the juggular there or you have a good chance of paying for it later. We got lucky this time but Dennison needs to call more pass plays and go for 6 on those drives/situations and trust Tyrods ability to protect the ball.

Excellent point. I make this point in games constantly. The Bills go conservative on offense right after turnovers rather than exploit an emotionally gut punched team. Go for the throat. Put your foot on their neck. Kick em. Finish them.