Goodbye

bisonbrigade

I know two close friends who cancelled their Sunday Ticket package today. Given how unpopular the protests are with the general public (72% opposed according to poll by Reuters a week ago), I think you are probably right that this will seriously hurt the NFL.

Yep. Cash cow days look like they may be over. Watch The Donald bring up the anti-trust exemption next.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump was not even a candidate when this all started. Blaming this on him is idiotic but typical of democrat hostages.

If you kneel you are disrespecting the flag and the country. Nothing more nothing less. You are taking a stand for nothing.

Give respect. Get respect. Simple.

You are right about giving and receiving respect, which is why donald gets none.

If you don't believe in freedom of expression and the Constitution, what do you believe in?

Hate to break it to you but they are at work. Exactly what does the constituting have to say about this?

Now this must mean you were a big supporter of tebow kneeling in prayer right? You are obviously in support of the espn hosts fired for their conservative views right?

Another liberal hostage

Today is a sad day, my love for my beloved Buffalo Bills has ended. I have been a loyal fan since 1978 and cannot watch overpaid self absorbed players disgrace OUR Flag. Arlington National cemetery is filled with heroes who deserve better.

soldiers-flags-arlington-1500x1000-ts200

Bye Felicia.

For a group of people applauding the notion of making yourself heard....you sure don't like when people say things that you don't agree with.

I'll start...

I'm not going to stop watching football even though politics is the last thing I want to see and hear when Sunday rolls around, but good for you for taking a stand on what you believe.

Sooooo, did you watch the whole game and then the 4pm game before you posted this? Not sure if you noticed but all the teams around the league did the same in protest to the President (Whom I voted for and still support his policies ) and the diarrhea that spews from his mouth at times.

interesting to see folks pile on this as they do, we're a sick species.

Most people understand that it is not about the troops, so it is not an issue for them...if he wants to think that way, there is nothing anybody can do to help him...he has to find his own path...I wish him well and hope he finds what he is looking for.

Today is a sad day, my love for my beloved Buffalo Bills has ended. I have been a loyal fan since 1978 and cannot watch overpaid self absorbed players disgrace OUR Flag. Arlington National cemetery is filled with heroes who deserve better.

soldiers-flags-arlington-1500x1000-ts200

I'm sort of right there with you, in that going forward I will not spend one thin dime on anything that will put $$$ into the NFL coffers, but I might tune in to a game every now & then just for some gratuitous violence. Lol

The thing I really don't get is that all these overpaid prima-donnas taking knees, or staying in the locker rooms, or ignoring the anthem.....accomplishes exactly what? I'll tell you what....exactly NOTHING.

UNLESS ALL of these morons....and I'm including ALL pro sports athletes who have jumped on the "I hate Trump/America is Racist" bandwagon........"protesting" the national anthem are out in their respective communities, donating money, and getting actively involved, then they're just hypocritical sheeple. PS - I can guarantee you that not ALL of them are out there doing what I just said.

How about this? Any/All of these athletes disrespecting the flag/anthem voluntarily reduce their salary to $100,000, and anything above that they are owed by their owner, they donate to "good causes" in their communities like inner-city youth centers, schools, programs, etc? Sort of a "Put your money where your mouth is situation!" Ha ha...Yeah, I'm dreaming and it'll never happen. But it sure would put MILLIONS of dollars toward getting inner-city "oppressed" minorities out of a dark hole, huh?

Most of the lower ratings were due to the hurricanes according to several sources. Thursday's game was the best rated Thursday game in years i think. Because it was a good game.

i'm not here to weigh in on it, but this same thing happened in 2016 with the slow start and was a pretty good wrap up to the season.

the nfl needs to quickly make this go away, though.

You are right about giving and receiving respect, which is why donald gets none.

Life long bills fan. Life long steeler hater. Villanueva my new favorite player

Fans around the NFL hated the kneelers. Could care less about trump but this is exactly why he got elected

Show respect. Get respect.

Hate to break it to you but they are at work. Exactly what does the constituting have to say about this?

Now this must mean you were a big supporter of tebow kneeling in prayer right? You are obviously in support of the espn hosts fired for their conservative views right?

Another liberal hostage

First, you avoid the question, what do you believe in?

I support anyone's right to prayer. I could care less if Tebow prays and will defend his right to do so. I don't recall anyone asking his team to fire him.

I'm not going to engage your false premise ESPN fired "conservative" hosts.

21b.jpg

Great post, great movie

I had to unblock you to see your goodbye

Savage

Arlington National Cemetery is filled with people who fought for the right of free speech. Maybe you should find a country with more strict laws governing the respect their citizens must show to symbols so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities.

+1

How is not standing for the anthem disrespectful to troops? What kind of twisty meandering down a dark path do you have to travel to get there?

Agreed. It is like people who were against the Iraq war, many said they didn't support our troops....

Trump was not even a candidate when this all started. Blaming this on him is idiotic but typical of democrat hostages.

You didn't observe the massive uptick today in protests and many directly reference trump? I think you misread his post

I'm sort of right there with you, in that going forward I will not spend one thin dime on anything that will put $$$ into the NFL coffers, but I might tune in to a game every now & then just for some gratuitous violence. Lol

The thing I really don't get is that all these overpaid prima-donnas taking knees, or staying in the locker rooms, or ignoring the anthem.....accomplishes exactly what? I'll tell you what....exactly NOTHING.

UNLESS ALL of these morons....and I'm including ALL pro sports athletes who have jumped on the "I hate Trump/America is Racist" bandwagon........"protesting" the national anthem are out in their respective communities, donating money, and getting actively involved, then they're just hypocritical sheeple. PS - I can guarantee you that not ALL of them are out there doing what I just said.

How about this? Any/All of these athletes disrespecting the flag/anthem voluntarily reduce their salary to $100,000, and anything above that they are owed by their owner, they donate to "good causes" in their communities like inner-city youth centers, schools, programs, etc? Sort of a "Put your money where your mouth is situation!" Ha ha...Yeah, I'm dreaming and it'll never happen. But it sure would put MILLIONS of dollars toward getting inner-city "oppressed" minorities out of a dark hole, huh?

How, exactly are they "disrespecting the flag?" I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer.

Most of the lower ratings were due to the hurricanes according to several sources. Thursday's game was the best rated Thursday game in years i think. Because it was a good game.

I think a talent deficit at the most important position is a bigger threat to the ratings.

Cute retort, but most weeks, they don't even SHOW the national anthem....unless of course there's pandering for the SJW agenda to be done.

If I recall correctly, the national anthem used to be played 15-20 minutes before the game. It was, for the most part, never telecast.

Except for (perhaps) times of national/international crises, why should the national anthem be played before an entertainment performance? That's the practice of totalitarian nations, IMO. All hail the country/leader. The NFL (and all sports leagues) would do themselves a great service by simply eliminating this practice, and it's political distraction. IMO, of course.

I think it's safe to say all those athletes you talk of actually do spend more than you on their communities. I am guessing. Maybe you spend more or what you can. You too OP. No judgement. But.... I am not black. So I dont understand what it is like to be black. My grandmother was not a slave. So I am going to just respect that these men need to express something so important to them in a peaceful manner. I dont watch the NFL for patriotism. I do my share for vets. I am not sure what standing at a sports event has to do with actually caring. Much respect.

Edited by nedboy7

Of course it is, if they don't believe in freedom of expression then why serve the USA?

this is not my question to answer, nor is it the place to answer it. but i can promise you they've done more for this country and its veterans than 99% of this board and the NFL.

please, do not address this topic again as it is not the place, if you feel the need PM and i'll explain the position on why it doesn't matter to this conversation.

Look, I don't love the players doing this. I am deeply patriotic, however; and am happy to see people voice their opinions. I was protested a few weeks ago at a womens march in Seneca Falls NY (because of my NRA t-shirt) and it made me so proud to be an American.

Idk about everyone else, but my real issue with these particular protests is that I feel like it's misappropriated. To me, the flag does not equate to crooked cops, white supremacy, or even the government that they wish to protest. America is the collective, and is what gives you the right to protest, and I just wish they would protest the things they are actually concerned about.

Certainly does not affect my viewership, but I am sick of hearing about sports on the news networks, and sick of hearing about politics in sports broadcasts.

If I recall correctly, the national anthem used to be played 15-20 minutes before the game. It was, for the most part, never telecast.

Except for (perhaps) times of national/international crises, why should the national anthem be played before an entertainment performance? That's the practice of totalitarian nations, IMO. All hail the country/leader. The NFL (and all sports leagues) would do themselves a great service by simply eliminating this practice, and it's political distraction. IMO, of course.

Well how EVER would the SJWs express themselves then?

:unsure: