I'm Surprised by Zay Jones' Slow Start

26CornerBlitz

It probably wasn't a good idea to lt him return to the game but nobody can fault him for his willingness to play hurt. It sounds like the injury is minor and he has 10 days to heal...these young guys heal like Wolverine. I was happy to see him starting to assert himself increasingly over the past 3 games.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

His body control still seems out of joint to me. Something is off with the way he runs.

"you run like a fish out of water"

My old coach used to say that about kids who use their arms like they are swimming while running and all out of balance. I think of my coach everytime I see Zay.

"you run like a fish out of water"

My old coach used to say that about kids who use their arms like they are swimming while running and all out of balance. I think of my coach everytime I see Zay.

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. His limbs, head and torso are not always on the same page...

Zay caught all 6 passes thrown his way.

End of discussion

Btw. Youd run like that whe you are tripped.

I think they are saying that he does not have the most compact stride. Which is true, but such a minor issue it barely warrants discussion. Zay is now making big improvements and hopefully the injury doesnt set him back. Loved the pick when it was made, and still do.

And that play by Skrine was bush league. He has always sucked. Barely a replacement level player.

Zay caught all 6 passes thrown his way.

End of discussion

Btw. Youd run like that whe you are tripped.

He's got a lot of work to do to smooth out his game as a WR..........hands have been the focus but he's also struggled with route running all season..........the "drop" in Carolina was also a stumble that caused him to take a bad path......the mistimed jump on the drop of a deep sideline throw by Taylor was a level of mistake you rarely see from an NFL WR.

Why they hired his WR coach from ECU I don't know. Seems like a different set of eyes on Zay would have been appropriate if he's still struggling with basics.