What if people in NFL stadiums took a knee today too?

Most of them kneeled. Pretty sad display

Pathetic. It's a strange experience watching the Bills and not caring if they win, but I don't really have it in me to give a **** after that display.

Edit: I just saw the full clip and it looked like at least half the team was standing. Kyle Williams was standing proud with his hand on his heart.

Edited by Rob's House

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all those white guys killed by cops when unarmed? or are we ignoring that fact? cuz ya, white guys get shot as well, but.......

Again, the data bears out that white suspects are shot with more frequency than black suspects in similar situations. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

all those white guys killed by cops when unarmed? or are we ignoring that fact? cuz ya, white guys get shot as well, but.......

Was every single one of the black guys who were killed unarmed?

Cuz ya, everything isn't about skin tone.

No one batted an eye when Obama supported those who were against those with "white privileged".... or stood on the side of thugs who killed police officers etc.

Obama actually said he felt that Kaepernick was not well advised to do that, and that it could cause many people to be upset over it. He did however, defend his constitutional right to do so, which is separate from what Trump is saying. There's nothing in the Constitution that prevents being fired for expressing an opinion your employer objects to.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/09/29/president-obama-town-hall-nfl-kaepernick-protest-sot.cnn

I just find it an interesting dynamic that Tebow was criticized by ESPN talking heads for taking a knee in the end zone as being divisive; while those same people are applauding taking a knee during the anthem as being heroic.

Was every single one of the black guys who were killed unarmed?

Cuz ya, everything isn't about skin tone.

Washington Post has the data here. Unarmed is a matter of 32 people so far this year.

13 White 10 Black 8 Hispanic 1 Other

Far too few of a sample size to identify some sort of racial agenda or problem with police. Situational variables could easily skew any "per capita" stats.

People like Kaepernick use anecdotal and emotional evidence to point blame.

Meanwhile while we fight over a 5 person racial swing in unarmed police shootings, people of all races are shooting and killing each other in the hundreds.

Like I said, if they want to argue that there should be less police shootings (more training, body cams, etc) fine. But it isn't a provable racial issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

Edited by What a Tuel

A majority of Americans support players peaceful right to protest. A majority of Americans are appalled at what happened to Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. A majority of Americans support equality and that means that Black Lives Matter equally as much as white lives.

The idea that a player as good as Kaepernick is out of the league is all the evidence you need that the 31 white NFL owners conspired to blackball Kaepernick. Thankfully Trump and his big-mouth put a megaphone to the silent back-door deal that was made to keep Kaepernick out of the league.

For that reason the NFL Boycott continues.

First, the majority of Americans have never heard of Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. Why? Because the majority of Americans don't think someone being shot by a cop is any more or less of a tragedy than any of the other horrible things that happen to innocent people every day in this country. And they sure don't think a black guy being shot by cops is a bigger problem than a white guy being shot by cops.

So while the majority of Americans absolutely believe in equality and the right to protest, they are definitely sick and tired of being told whose deaths they should care more about, especially when the early poster children for the 'Black Lives Matters' crowd were Michael Brown and Travon Martin, who we found out, once we actually learned the facts, were total thugs who brought their situations on themselves.

I know you don't want to hear it, but the outrage crowd has overplayed their hand and that's why you're getting backlash and Trump in the WH. I'm guessing that wasn't covered in Hillary's book.

p.s. and most people think Kaepernick sucks. But yeah, the owners must be furious that Trump is stupid enough to reignite the whole thing just as it was finally dying down.

We won. Do we keep kneeling?

If they play like that the whole damn stadium can kneel as far as I'm concerned! :lol:

Again, the data bears out that white suspects are shot with more frequency than black suspects in similar situations.

Those who follow instructions correctly are far less likely to be shot. It doesn't have much to do with race or even if the suspect is armed. The Cop is always going to assume you are armed for obvious reasons. Instructions are given to keep everyone safe. I'm not sure why this is so hard for many to admit.

Should we not be concerned about unarmed shootings full stop then?

Not according to the left. That would be racist because it would mean we're not all stopping daily to 'acknowledge' that racism exists.

I'm still wondering what the solution is. Do we need to have all white people register their guilt with the government? Pass the Black Lives Matters' Racism test? Or is simply ranting about Trump on Facebook every once in a while enough to earn my credentials?

Again, the Cop must always assume that a suspect is armed. That is why they want their hands where they can be seen. Some just don't follow instructions very well.

So there's nothing to be concerned about at all. Every dead, unarmed person just doesn't listen too well, regardless of race.

So there's nothing to be concerned about at all. Every dead, unarmed person just doesn't listen too well, regardless of race.

Not every single one. Probably not. But most. The Cop doesn't want to fire that weapon. Lots of paperwork, investigations, grand juries, possibly being fired or not indemnified due to acting outside the scope of ones training, meaning a trial will ensue. It happened in the Castile case amongst others. They mostly just want to go home at night to their families in one piece.Remember we are talking about maybe a thousand poilice shootings in general per annum, out of millions of interactions. Whether they ended up armed or not doesn't have much bearing. They don't have to be. They only have to act like they could be. To a reasonable person. Edited by Boatdrinks

And protesting war is anti-troops lol. The anthem is goofy, especially at sporting events. I like, tens of thousands of othe fans, go and get alcohol during that time. People throwing a hissy fit over disrespecting the flag and country need to stop being so worried about being politicaly correct lol.

Iv never seen such a group of people being so whiny about something!

And protesting war is anti-troops lol. The anthem is goofy, especially at sporting events. I like, tens of thousands of othe fans, go and get alcohol during that time. People throwing a hissy fit over disrespecting the flag and country need to stop being so worried about being politicaly correct lol.

Iv never seen such a group of people being so whiny about something!

I don't care too much about that personally. I don't respect it, but it's more ignorance than an ignorant opinion. I don't like the idea of an unchallenged liberal agenda being pushed in a public forum with no possibility of a counter protest right next to them. That's usually how it works in real life. So do we really want sports events with a captive audience to turn into political pi$$ing grounds?

Should we not be concerned about unarmed shootings full stop then?

Of course we should be concerned, but only to the point that those shootings are unreasonable or unjustified on an incident by incident basis.

Just because an unarmed individual is shot by police doesn't mean that shoot was unreasonable or unjustified.

All the "take a knee" players should man-up, not pay their taxes, and Take a Knee with the IRS! If you truly don't support the USA, why support the USA?

Holy leaps of logic Batman! Yea go do a crime you fools!!!

Unless you are the president or super rich, you better pay!

I don't care too much about that personally. I don't respect it, but it's more ignorance than an ignorant opinion. I don't like the idea of an unchallenged liberal agenda being pushed in a public forum with no possibility of a counter protest right next to them. That's usually how it works in real life. So do we really want sports events with a captive audience to turn into political pi$$ing grounds?

Who cares though! Is having a counter protest (what exactly would it even be for...? Would the counter protest be for standing for the anthem? Isnt that what other players are doing.) that important to anyone? Edited by Crayola64

Of course we should be concerned, but only to the point that those shootings are unreasonable or unjustified on an incident by incident basis.

Just because an unarmed individual is shot by police doesn't mean that shoot was unreasonable or unjustified.

Exactly. These things are already investigated and go through the justice system if warranted. No one pays attention to that. Especially the moron Kaepernick. He stated that he believes the punishment for the Officer is " paid leave". What an imbecile . Officers are placed on paid leave if involved in a shooting A. So an investigation can be conducted to see if they didn't follow procedures B. Because shooting someone is stressful to a normal reasonable person.

Holy leaps of logic Batman! Yea go do a crime you fools!!!

Unless you are the president or super rich, you better pay!

Who cares though! Is having a counter protest (what exactly would it even be for...? Would the counter protest be for standing for the anthem? Isnt that what other players are doing.) that important to anyone?

No the counter protest could be something explaining why the protesters are wrong about their issue. Or just generally something one doesn't like about America. Just one great big political pi$$ing contest in a place it doesn't belong.

All the "take a knee" players should man-up, not pay their taxes, and Take a Knee with the IRS! If you truly don't support the USA, why support the USA?

I'm sure they take advantage of all the legal loopholes just like the Donald.