Buffalo - one RACIST city

Bakin

Sorry for writing above a 5th grade level.

Restated:

People who move to Georgia who are from other Southern states, agree that their home towns were similar. If you were not born within 50 miles of me, I do not trust you, or particularly like you. Unless I want to have sex with you. Then you're acceptable unless one of my friends finds out.

That's true for Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama at a minimum. I don't have much experience with people outside of those three states, aside from Florida(which doesn't have any sort of Southern identity south of Jacksonville).

this all doesn't make sense to me because i set my tinder settings to 100 miles and swipe right on literally every single woman.

so i don't udnerstand

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one who has twice now made false assumptions about me, and started on the ad hominems, and I look foolish?

And you can't even keep your false assumptions straight -- was the leftist brainwashing the racist thing, or the treason thing? Get your story straight.

Fortunately the board records the things you say, so this line of argument doesn't work. It's also not an ad hominem to say someone looks foolish when they are opining conclusively and are historically inaccurate.

The argument you made is one of leftist revisionism, usually made with the intent of skirting all argument of relevant facts, and skipping to dismiss with charges of either racism or treason.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but that's the argument you're making. You should consider making a different argument.

There was an old talk show episode I was watching... LoL... They start talking about race relations and say: "We are now going to the most racist city in the US to discuss this... Buffalo, NY."

I almost fell off my chair, everybody here at work looked @ me and busted into laughter!

LMAO!

I said: "It's something in the water down there, we must be pissing too hard up here." LoL...

You all sit around at work watching talk shows?

You all sit around at work watching talk shows?

Sure. Its like a firehouse type job.

We get the fire department to do their inspection and the firsy thing out of one the fireman's mouth is: "Where's the bunkhouse."

It's like a clubhouse here. In the old days the Lockmaster's house was on site.

We got all the amenities of home, shower, kitchen, etc...

Sure. Its like a firehouse type job.

We get the fire department to do their inspection and the firsy thing out of one the fireman's mouth is: "Where's the bunkhouse."

It's like a clubhouse here. In the old days the Lockmaster's house was on site.

We got all the amenities of home, shower, kitchen, etc...

So all those Asian Carp swam past while you were watching Oprah?

So all those Asian Carp swam past while you were watching Oprah?

Heck no. The gates are closed when Oprah is on. Don't you know how a lock works? When a navigational lock is idle... The gates are closed. Asian carp only swim by when we are working, doing our job letting boats through.

So... To stop the Asian carp, we need to watch more TV!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

http://buffalonews.com/1993/05/31/fuhr-joins-lancaster-club-rejects-transit-valley-offer-accepting-membership-after-being-spurned-would-be-inexcusable-sabres-goalie-says/

Remember this? It was Obama's fault I'm sure

Fuhr's rejection, first reported Friday in The Buffalo News, set off a storm of criticism.

On Saturday officials at Transit Valley reversed their original decision and offered the hockey star a membership and an apology. They also denied that their original decision was based on race. Fuhr, a 5-handicap golfer, is black.

Fuhr said Sunday that his attorney was continuing to look at the Transit Valley rejection and would report his conclusions this week.

The goaltender was in Toronto this weekend to play golf and attend the deciding game Saturday night in the semifinal hockey playoffs between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Los Angeles Kings.

He told an interviewer from WKBW-TV Saturday night that he would accept the apology from Transit Valley.

"You're never too big to accept an apology," he said. He added, however, that he was not contacted directly about the denial of his membership application, the subsequent acceptance or the apology.

"Everything's always been second-hand," he noted.

Fuhr said Sunday night, however, that he found "a couple messages from their chairman" when he returned home.

"I've met a lot of nice members," he said of Transit Valley, "and I feel bad for them. They all get painted with the same brush. That's unfortunate because it's not all the members."

"That's what I'd like to emphasize," Fuhr said. "It's not all the members."

Heck no. The gates are closed when Oprah is on. Don't you know how a lock works? When a navigational lock is idle... The gates are closed. Asian carp only swim by when we are working, doing our job letting boats through.

So... To stop the Asian carp, we need to watch more TV!!

Maybe they climbed over. How would you know? You were watching Oprah.

Maybe they climbed over. How would you know? You were watching Oprah.

Maybe a bald eagle dropped them too, who gives a schit if Asian carp get through. They are already through. I am a lock operator, my job is to let them through.

Maybe the Lakes need a few Asians. Let's not be racist. Those Asians sure can out compete the other invasive species: salmon.

They know better math.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Maybe a bald eagle dropped them too, who gives a schit if Asian carp get through. They are already through. I am a lock operator, my job is to let them through.

Maybe the Lakes need a few Asians. Let's not be racist. Those Asians sure can out compete the other invasive species: salmon.

They know better math.

Are most species in the area invasive? Most of the birds and British, the grass is African, the fish are from all over. The bees are European. The Indians use to know the Europeans were coming because of the bees, they were the vanguard of the invasion.

Are most species in the area invasive? Most of the birds and British, the grass is African, the fish are from all over. The bees are European. The Indians use to know the Europeans were coming because of the bees, they were the vanguard of the invasion.

I guess this fits talking about "racism." LoL... Invasive racism. Lot of racism when talking "carp"... LoL

Anyway, here goes.

To answer your question, I would say so. Yes.

I said this many times... Trying to give an alt-take on this. Something the media won't discuss.

Almost every fish in Great Lakes is invasive. Lakes are a puddle of thawed glacial ice... It was practically sterile upon melting.

Pacific salmon was introduced in 1967 to the Middle Lakes... And stocked ever since. To control the alewife that came through the Welland. Top of the food chain was lake trout up till the 1950s. Pollution and disease, wiped them out... In came the alewives... Alewives eat what Asian carp eat... Salmon only eat alewives, breed once and die.

Protect one invasive, leave the door open for another.

BTW... I just locked a salmon charter boat down river for the season. Ouch!

See how this is a tangled web. IMO, Michigan and the other states, fighting The Feds, Southern industrial states, Illinois and Indiana over the shipping canals, are mismanaging the Great Lakes fishery.

Start putting in "more" native lake trout, perch, pike and it would slam the door on the Asians. Alewives are already vacuuming up what the Asian carp eat. A disease free and less polluted waters would keep then viable.

One hitch:

All that $$$ they spend on the salmon industry... Subsidize the salmon charters, you know "Pure" Michigan's "way of life" would go down the tubes. Buying all that Pacific salmon to stock... Even if they kept it up, the lake trout would gobble that $$$ up. No more salmon stamps sold by the DNR on your fishing license too

It's a tangled web between shipping/commerce and recreation. Yet, they all use the infrastructure.

Funny story... @ work now and just had crew of Chinese show up from UofI. Young lady was probably Taiwanese... She had a parasol. Sorry no pics /dev and the other resident pervs here. Phone was in powerhouse. :-/

...They didn't arrange a behind the scene tour. Need safety shoes, we were locking 7,000 tons of fertilizer, etc... Wouldn't have been a good scene giving an unscheduled, behind scenes tour of a DoD site... LoL... But I was tempted to break protocol and throw caution to the wind. You now that's the BFLo racist in me but my DoD anti-espionage training kicked in! ;-)

I basically gave them a quick tour from inside the approved visitor's area. Not sure why I thought of this thread. But I am in somebody's group picture with a bunch of Chinese people. I am the 6'3" guy. ;-)

No mention of delicious Asian carp though. Just water elevation and gage reading stuff. Lotsa math too, they loved it and ate the numbers up! One time in my life where I explained my job and the people I explained it to got it! LoL... ;-)

Carry on, from W.Seneca public schools with love,

Me

Funny story... @ work now and just had crew of Chinese show up from UofI. Young lady was probably Taiwanese... She had a parasol. Sorry no pics /dev and the other resident pervs here. Phone was in powerhouse. :-/

...They didn't arrange a behind the scene tour. Need safety shoes, we were locking 7,000 tons of fertilizer, etc... Wouldn't have been a good scene giving an unscheduled, behind scenes tour of a DoD site... LoL... But I was tempted to break protocol and throw caution to the wind. You now that's the BFLo racist in me but my DoD anti-espionage training kicked in! ;-)

I basically gave them a quick tour from inside the approved visitor's area. Not sure why I thought of this thread. But I am in somebody's group picture with a bunch of Chinese people. I am the 6'3" guy. ;-)

No mention of delicious Asian carp though. Just water elevation and gage reading stuff. Lotsa math too, they loved it and ate the numbers up! One time in my life where I explained my job and the people I explained it to got it! LoL... ;-)

Carry on, from W.Seneca public schools with love,

Me

And what did I get out of this?

West Seneca? I use to play floor hockey on mineral springs road! But I'm only 6'2" lol