Buffalo - one RACIST city

Bakin

so, at this point I refute you and we go endlessly back and forth citing experts who refute each other.

So, let's agree to disagree.

Lol right? Hey, it was worth a shot :D

Welp, have a good day bud. God bless America and all Americans.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, because a flag has not than one meaning. To some it means the honor of those who died for it. To others it means the freedom to call those veterans terrorists. To others it means oppression. To others it means something that makes a sexy bikini and Instagram photo

I grew up on the NY / Pennsylvania border, about 2.5 hours SE of Buffalo. I knew guys that flew the flag. Most of them had no family connection to the south, and most of them were racist, and were not at all shy about being racist.

Again - I understand there are other reasons for displaying a Confederate flag. But in NY state, my experience has been that it is a symbol of racism.

how many Southerners do you know? I know 3 or 4. They do not dislike Yankees. Just !@#$s who want to impose their beliefs upon them

I live in Georgia. I was born in Missouri and lived in California for years. I have exactly zero friends born and raised in Georgia and guess why that is?

Every single person I'm tight with is a Yankee or a Southern transplant(from anywhere other than the same county in Georgia) and they all have the exact same experience. So I guess I "know" about a few hundred Southerners. The folks up in Tennessee aren't much different. They don't like people if their grandparents didn't know each other. The only exception is local women who want to date me. But just friends? Nope, not a one. That's the most common experience of living in the deep South. A leading reason I'll be leaving here in a few years(also hate the weather).

The Southern transplants confirm this was exactly how their home town was as well. The further away from your hometown someone is, the more suspicious you must be of them.

Edited by BlueWind

Yeah, I take equal issue with flying both a Confederate and Mexican flag in the typical context they're flown(which is usually, F YOU AMERICA). A lot of Southerners hate, hate, hate, Yankees. That's mostly what it's about. It's actually far less about racism and slavery, and much more about asserting true Southern roots.

Most people flying Mexican flags are up to the same thing. I'm from Mexico, have ZERO interest in integrating into American society. But I expect you to foot a $10,000/year bill to provide my numerous children with bi-lingual education even though I pay about $2,500 in taxes per year.

Can't say I've ever seen someone fly a French flag outside of a French restaurant. I've never had a problem with people flying Israeli or Canadian flags because I've never met people doing it specifically to disrespect Americans. I probably would have been fine with Mexican flag flying a good 40 years ago, because it was probably truly about pride instead of snide anit-Americanism.

Do boats count... Just had a cat come through last week. Delaware registration, French flag.

Now Canadian vessels, Canadian flags don't count. That is expected, same flag as registration is okay.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I live in Georgia. I was born in Missouri and lived in California for years. I have exactly zero friends born and raised in Georgia and guess why that is?

Every single person I'm tight with is a Yankee or a Southern transplant(from anywhere other than the same county in Georgia) and they all have the exact same experience. So I guess I "know" about a few hundred Southerners. The folks up in Tennessee aren't much different. They don't like people if their grandparents didn't know each other. The only exception is local women who want to date me. But just friends? Nope, not a one. That's the most common experience of living in the deep South. A leading reason I'll be leaving here in a few years(also hate the weather).

The Southern transplants confirm this was exactly how their home town was as well. The further away from your hometown someone is, the more suspicious you must be of them.

I read party of the beginning. To where you admitted you don't know anyone outside of your own walk of life. Well, that explains it.

I know transplants and natives. They're all equally diverse.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ask people who support that flag what it means to them, and they'll tell you.

The fact that you don't believe them and choose to substitute your own meaning for theirs, essentially calling them liars in the process, then engaging in completely unfounded charges of racism based on nothing other than your feelings makes you a !@#$ing !@#$.

The most racist people I have dealt with on a daily basis is black people. I worked at a world renowned 5 diamond resort for 10 years. The overwhelming amount of racist, rude, disrespectful people we dealt with on a daily basis were black. I would say that maybe 10% of the black people we encountered were decent human beings. But Las Vegas may be a bad place to take a cultural sample... so who knows. But all I can say is that I am glad to be out of that industry, so I don't get crapped on daily by an ignorant culture anymore.

Ask people who support that flag what it means to them, and they'll tell you.

The fact that you don't believe them and choose to substitute your own meaning for theirs, essentially calling them liars in the process, then engaging in completely unfounded charges of racism based on nothing other than your feelings makes you a !@#$ing !@#$.

I never said it was racist. It's a flag of treason against this great nation. It's insulting as an American to see it. But you don't hear me crying about it. We give people the right to express themselves even if it is support for !@#$ing loser traitors. But I also have the freedom to laugh at ****heads like you who make excuses and defend those !@#$s.

I never said it was racist. It's a flag of treason against this great nation. It's insulting as an American to see it. But you don't hear me crying about it. We give people the right to express themselves even if it is support for !@#$ing loser traitors. But I also have the freedom to laugh at ****heads like you who make excuses and defend those !@#$s.

Odd how that's your view of the South now, but it wasn't the view of those in opposition to the South after the Civil War.

That's because your view is based on feelings filtered through the moral lens of 2017 American leftism with zero understanding if history, and it makes you look foolish.

I read party of the beginning. To where you admitted you don't know anyone outside of your own walk of life. Well, that explains it.

I know transplants and natives. They're all equally diverse.

Not sure what this reply has to do with Southerners living in their home counties being suspicious of anyone who isn't very regionally proximal to them. Diversity has zilch to do with that.

The most racist people I have dealt with on a daily basis is black people. I worked at a world renowned 5 diamond resort for 10 years. The overwhelming amount of racist, rude, disrespectful people we dealt with on a daily basis were black. I would say that maybe 10% of the black people we encountered were decent human beings. But Las Vegas may be a bad place to take a cultural sample... so who knows. But all I can say is that I am glad to be out of that industry, so I don't get crapped on daily by an ignorant culture anymore.

hahaha, yea 90% weren't decent human beings. I am sure that isn't your subjective (racist) opinion

Not sure what this reply has to do with Southerners living in their home counties being suspicious of anyone who isn't very regionally proximal to them. Diversity has zilch to do with that.

because i have found that is not the case?

because i didnt' read your entire post because it was nonsensical.

Odd how that's your view of the South now, but it wasn't the view of those in opposition to the South after the Civil War.

That's because your view is based on feelings filtered through the moral lens of 2017 American leftism with zero understanding if history, and it makes you look foolish.

Try again genius. My feelings have nothing to do with "American leftism." I am not a "leftist" or liberal or democrat. My view is based on their actions. Thankful that we have such enlightened folks like you telling others how foolish we all look.

Try again genius. My feelings have nothing to do with "American leftism." I am not a "leftist" or liberal or democrat. My view is based on their actions. Thankful that we have such enlightened folks like you telling others how foolish we all look.

One would naturally assume you're a leftist in this regard given your regurgitation of leftist revisionism in regards to the Civil War.

And when you do this you look foolish.

because i have found that is not the case?

because i didnt' read your entire post because it was nonsensical.

Sorry for writing above a 5th grade level.

Restated:

People who move to Georgia who are from other Southern states, agree that their home towns were similar. If you were not born within 50 miles of me, I do not trust you, or particularly like you. Unless I want to have sex with you. Then you're acceptable unless one of my friends finds out.

That's true for Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama at a minimum. I don't have much experience with people outside of those three states, aside from Florida(which doesn't have any sort of Southern identity south of Jacksonville).

One would naturally assume you're a leftist in this regard given your regurgitation of leftist revisionism in regards to the Civil War.

And when you do this you look foolish.

You're the one who has twice now made false assumptions about me, and started on the ad hominems, and I look foolish?

And you can't even keep your false assumptions straight -- was the leftist brainwashing the racist thing, or the treason thing? Get your story straight.