Buffalo - one RACIST city

Bakin

I have always known this...first time I took my son to the Ralph about 7 years ago (when he was 6), the jerks sitting behind me must have called the players on the field '!@#$s, monkeys, jungle bunnies' about 50 times in the second half.

Last night I was on Chippewa waiting for my Uber around 11pm.

Black guy in the passenger side pulls up next to me and screams 'ayyyy, ayyyyyyy!!!!'

I look up

'I hate White People'.

'So? Who gives a ****?' I retort.

He laughs.

About 15 seconds later he says 'I was just kidding man'.

Is this racial harmony in America?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an old talk show episode I was watching... LoL... They start talking about race relations and say: "We are now going to the most racist city in the US to discuss this... Buffalo, NY."

I almost fell off my chair, everybody here at work looked @ me and busted into laughter!

LMAO!

I said: "It's something in the water down there, we must be pissing too hard up here." LoL...

Racism isn't limited to the south. there's a significant problem with the greater Appalachian areas, and the midwest as well. It just doesn't get talked about that often because those areas weren't at the center of slavery, and the civil rights movements. I'm sure it'll get ripped apart, but here's a study that provides an example. It's based on google search data.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122963

Some areas are little more spread out with very diverse towns... Where I live on Southside of area, towns are 50-50+

Heck, I am literally standing 1/2 mile from "Alligator" (Altgeld) Gardens... Where the Right's savior Barry Obama launched his political career.

True story... I ventured my lily white azz in there one time back in March of 2014... It was a brutally cold Sunday morning and I wanted to check the ice out on the river. Two black female CPD cops sitting in their cruiser looked @ me like they seen Casper the Ghost! What could happen... It was below zero and the river was frozen solid... I would have just ran or drove across the frozen river to Dolton/Riverdale, Illinois... I guess that's a little more posh than the PJs!

I play hockey so I run into so many snowflakes all the time. People who are good, smart, hard working and nice generally, along with some very low characters who spout racist crap. Not that everyone is racist, but the racists just assume everyone else is and want to tell people. A cop I played with--real nice guy--got a funny look on his face when one of our players said he doesn't like jokes about black people.

I think people would be surprised to know that the U.S is one of the least racially intolerant countries in the world.

That racism is not solely from the perspective of Caucasians on other races but from each racial perspective.

The best way to address racism over the long-term is not to attempt to prop up one race over historical or perceived current racial injustices but to adopt a more classical Liberal approach which is to go about your life treating everyone the exact same which is based on their own merits and nothing more.

This idea to provide a subsect of a population preferential treatment via governmental policy creates racial resentment among large portions of the other subsects of the population that believe they are being disadvantaged by these policies.

It creates dislocations and imbalances towards the healing of racial tensions.

Treat everyone the same. Yes, it won't be overnight but if more and more people adopt that philosophy it would certainly help us get to where we need to go.

I play hockey so I run into so many snowflakes all the time. People who are good, smart, hard working and nice generally, along with some very low characters who spout racist crap. Not that everyone is racist, but the racists just assume everyone else is and want to tell people. A cop I played with--real nice guy--got a funny look on his face when one of our players said he doesn't like jokes about black people.

Maybe you need to travel. Play some pond hockey on the river across from the projects here. I think you'll have an easy time winning the game. Think of it as diversity training for your squad. They will learn to skate really fast too!

I will be here all week... Try the veal!

Maybe you need to travel. Play some pond hockey on the river across from the projects here. I think you'll have an easy time winning the game. Think of it as diversity training for your squad. They will learn to skate really fast too!

I will be here all week... Try the veal!

In this weather?? Maybe in January.

One more little story. Guy on my team, another cop, great, great guy, love him. But one day we are talking abut the Bills and he just says a black guy can't play QB in NFL. They just can't do it. What am I suppose to say?

In this weather?? Maybe in January.

One more little story. Guy on my team, another cop, great, great guy, love him. But one day we are talking abut the Bills and he just says a black guy can't play QB in NFL. They just can't do it. What am I suppose to say?

Of course in the winter! :-)

What's up with this heat wave! :-(

I think people would be surprised to know that the U.S is one of the least racially intolerant countries in the world.

That racism is not solely from the perspective of Caucasians on other races but from each racial perspective.

The best way to address racism over the long-term is not to attempt to prop up one race over historical or perceived current racial injustices but to adopt a more classical Liberal approach which is to go about your life treating everyone the exact same which is based on their own merits and nothing more.

This idea to provide a subsect of a population preferential treatment via governmental policy creates racial resentment among large portions of the other subsects of the population that believe they are being disadvantaged by these policies.

It creates dislocations and imbalances towards the healing of racial tensions.

Treat everyone the same. Yes, it won't be overnight but if more and more people adopt that philosophy it would certainly help us get to where we need to go.

So what about bussing? What a god awful situation bussing kids all over town. Whitey Bulger ended up committing acts of terrorism in Boston over that. But in 1978 they started it in Buffalo and I was in a school that was suddenly half black. This was fourth grade for me and that was a change I think helped a lot of us just to meet people from the other side of town we never would have, but it sure caused a lot of anger. There was a three week teachers strike that year. Messed up situation that probably helped. A friend I had from Southie in Boston says that neighborhood is way way more tolerant now. A black guy could get killed there in the 70's.

There are a lot of racists in WNY (as with pretty much everywhere else in the world.)

I have a friend in Rochester who recently took a road trip down to South Carolina. He estimated that 80% of the confederate flags he saw during said trip were in the state of NY. Honestly, what is someone from NY's attachment to this flag?

There are a lot of racists in WNY (as with pretty much everywhere else in the world.)

I have a friend in Rochester who recently took a road trip down to South Carolina. He estimated that 80% of the confederate flags he saw during said trip were in the state of NY. Honestly, what is someone from NY's attachment to this flag?

Go up to Michigan, will see a lot there.

I got a boater that comes through. They fly the Reb flag... I can care less... But it is fun to mess with them, they are always squawking on the marine radio... Like the whole world revolves around these rednecks while we are locking 100s of boats all day and not a peep on the radio.

They call: "Hey lock, this is the "Screamin' [insert name of his deplorable wife/sig other here]... I am two miles out"

(Are you kidding me two mile out... You gotta Be kidding?? Anyway)

I reply back on channel 16: "[insert call sign here] to "Screamin' Racist" go to Channel 14.

It's subtle... Usually, gets them off 16 and polluting it for a while. They don't answer the working frequency either. They show up and just get through, the way it should be.

Win-win.

So what about bussing? What a god awful situation bussing kids all over town. Whitey Bulger ended up committing acts of terrorism in Boston over that. But in 1978 they started it in Buffalo and I was in a school that was suddenly half black. This was fourth grade for me and that was a change I think helped a lot of us just to meet people from the other side of town we never would have, but it sure caused a lot of anger. There was a three week teachers strike that year. Messed up situation that probably helped. A friend I had from Southie in Boston says that neighborhood is way way more tolerant now. A black guy could get killed there in the 70's.

If you were in a school in 1978 that was half black chances were high you were in a special school. A magnet school. There were six originally I think then 22 and then dozens. The courts ordered integration and instead of doing what you just described, they created magnet special schools that would be half minority and half white. Very few kids were just bussed to regular schools. It became one of the best models in the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/13/nyregion/school-integration-in-buffalo-is-hailed-as-a-model-for-us.html?pagewanted=all

the flag doesn't make you racist.

good thing i'm a black dude, father of 4 working in health care, former resident of a hospital, and um, i think i was in a war or something.

Don't forget that you are also a log home builder and you also deliver pizzas when you are not delivering creatures. You're our new Renaissance Man.

Edited by grinreaper