Thoughts through 2 weeks

Kirby Jackson

If Zay catches the ball (which every former WR and he himself agrees should have happened) the Bills win the game. It isn't that complicated.......

So even if Zay makes the catch and we win..........We still only scored 10 points. Still would have had less than 150 yards passing. Still lost the time of possession battle nearly 2 to 1. If our defense had played to the level of last year, it would have been a blowout.

Wow, it's so sad how low some Bills fans expectations of what a competent starting QB in the NFL should look like.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So even if Zay makes the catch and we win..........We still only scored 10 points. Still would have had less than 150 yards passing. Still lost the time of possession battle nearly 2 to 1. If our defense had played to the level of last year, it would have been a blowout.

Wow, it's so sad how low some Bills fans expectations of what a competent starting QB in the NFL should look like.

I think we have to only fan base in the NFL that would complain about a win.

I have definitely enjoyed the play of the Defense much more this year than the past 2. If I had to knock them on anything it would be that they seem to allow a lot of 3rd and long conversions to wide open guys who find a soft spot in the zone and sit at the sticks. Now, they have done a good job of tightening up and not allowing scores as well, but the amount that it's stuck out to me is a bit alarming.

The offense looks like a baby deer trying to find its legs. This week they fell flat on their faces.

:lol:

Agree on both. Love the .gif!

I feel that we've played two teams with poor or incomplete offenses.

I too have noticed the tendency to give up 3rd and long and I feel we will be in trouble when we play a team with a balanced and dangerous offense.

Like, you know, the Raiders, the Chiefs, the Patriots, the Falcons, dare I say it even the Siemian-led Broncos. at least 6 of the 14 remaining games we have to play.

My take on this team is pretty simple and reflective of what the Bills could do last year. I know it's not the same coach or scheme, but still believe it's relevant because of the players on the field. When the Bills really piled on the rushing attack last year, they won games. Top-8 games rushing the ball and they went 5-3 last year. Bottom-8 games and they went 2-6. It's not just the run though, but how productive the passing game was. Most of the time, when the passing game had to do little (mainly where the running game dominated), they won games. Only 1 of their 7 wins last year came when the rushing attack yielded less than 150 yards of offense and the passing game yielded more than 200 yards.

Teams can't be so stupid to not figure out that the Bills passing game can't win. People can play the "Sammy" card all they want. I'm just not buying it. At this point, I'm looking forward to week 7 and beyond when Peterman gets his chance to show the Bills whether he deserves the helm in 2018. Sooner, obviously, if Tyrod gets hurt. If I'm an opposing defense, I man cover McCoy; spy Tyrod at the line of scrimmage and make him beat my zone coverage. I just don't think he's capable of doing it.

Not really. The poster basically said so what if we would have won because we would have only scored 10 points. I find that to be silly.

Because I'm tired after 17 years of maybe wining a few really ugly games a year and missing the playoffs again and again? 10 points in a game will probably only win one game in twenty if you are lucky. What's the point in that? We can all see where this would have us heading.

You can take your one 10 point game win and be happy. I'll be depressed because we have seen it all before that this team is yet again spinning it's wheels in the no playoff zone. Silly would have been wining that game and then being happy that a "win is a win".

I watch a lot of football. I could EASILY make a case that Tyrod Taylor has been a better QB than Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco amongst others since 2015.

Because I'm tired after 17 years of maybe wining a few really ugly games a year and missing the playoffs again and again? 10 points in a game will probably only win one game in twenty if you are lucky. What's the point in that? We can all see where this would have us heading.

You can take your one 10 point game win and be happy. I'll be depressed because we have seen it all before that this team is yet again spinning it's wheels in the no playoff zone. Silly would have been wining that game and then being happy that a "win is a win".

I would have preferred the 10 point win to the 31 point loss on Christmas Eve. I guess that we just want different things. I just want wins. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Maybe it's my misunderstanding of the game, but I thought winners were determined by POINT SCORED. Not on yards or TOP etc.

Catch the freakin' football when it hits your hands. It's not that complicated.

Actually what we have seen many times before is the Bills being in position to win IF someone steps up and makes the play, but they don't.

Sunday was a shining example. A win would have told me that Coach McDermott had indeed changed the "culture" and "love" was paying off.

Instead we just got another Chan Gailey/Dick Jauron style loss.

Blowing it at the end had been the constant in the drought and is what has kept us out of playoffs. Fix that, and everything else will look a lot better.

I watch a lot of football. I could EASILY make a case that Tyrod Taylor has been a better QB than Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco amongst others since 2015.

I've been banging that drum for a while. I've even begun a weekly thread devoted to what goes on around the NFL to try and show people what some of the supposed "franchise qbs" are doing in the league. Add Cam to the list since the start of last season btw.

Even GunnerBill who I respect as much as any poster here defended Deshaun Watson and the game on Thursday night while crushing Tyrod and the game on Sunday.

I get it though patience is gone after 18 years and either anger or apathy have set in for most of us. The offense taking a step backwards when most of the major players are there is a tough pill to swallow. The pendulum has now swung to defense outplaying the offense. That lies in the scheme to me and Dennison. However I have a feeling this defense is going to perform poorly against good passing teams.

This was my biggest problem with the Sammy trade, it sucked the excitement for the season out before it even began. usually we get until late October before that happens!

When two tough defensive teams face each other that is sometimes the score you are going to get. Do you think Carolina fans are disappointed they won while only scoring 9 points?

Scoring and yardage is down across the league. Go look at the scores from the last two weeks and see how many teams scored around 13 points. Defenses are getting better across the league. Offensive lines are getting worse.

Even GunnerBill who I respect as much as any poster here defended Deshaun Watson and the game on Thursday night while crushing Tyrod and the game on Sunday.

Woah.... I said DeShaun was bad on Thursday. All I said was people rushing to judgment on him shoud remember it was a first start on the road on a short week with only 3 WRs and 1 backup TE dressed and a patchwork line. And he made the play that won the game. He was baaaaad as a passing QB though. Make no mistake.

Tyrod's style of play confounds rating systems. He was bad on Sunday. Not his worst bad... but bad enough that you can't win with him. And before anyone says he was one play away from winning.... yep, he was... and he missed the throw.

Yup. Not turning the ball over inflates his numbers. But part of the reason he doesn't turn the ball over is because he doesn't take chances.

Personally, I don't think it's even close with him and a qb like Dalton. Dalton is asked to do way more than Tyrod. Dalton has lost 3 OCs in the past three years, 2 too oline men, had his stud TE in and mostly out of the lineup, and lost some good WRs.

Quite simply, Tyrod isn't good enough or enough of a differ maker. But the Bills murder all of his chances to be passable (that's a pun) with their offseason moves. They set him up to fail.

Woah.... I said DeShaun was bad on Thursday. All I said was people rushing to judgment on him shoud remember it was a first start on the road on a short week with only 3 WRs and 1 backup TE dressed and a patchwork line. And he made the play that won the game. He was baaaaad as a passing QB though. Make no mistake.

And he had as many yards as our 7th year qb did.

my apologies then. I know you were talking about enjoying a tough defensive battle and defended Watson I missed out on the context though. Again my apologies and respect to you.

I thought Sundays game was more a defensive battle than Thursday. It was a clean game with zero offense. Tyrod was bad, the playcalling was bad, and Carolinas defense was great. Conversely Cam was bad, Mccaffery was bad, and the Bills defense played well (I think they got bailed out a few times like Cam missing the wide open game winning td). The game Thursday was sloppy and ugly play moreso than a great defensive battle imo.

my apologies then. I know you were talking about enjoying a tough defensive battle and defended Watson I missed out on the context though. Again my apologies and respect to you.

I thought Sundays game was more a defensive battle than Thursday. It was a clean game with zero offense. Tyrod was bad, the playcalling was bad, and Carolinas defense was great. Conversely Cam was bad, Mccaffery was bad, and the Bills defense played well (I think they got bailed out a few times like Cam missing the wide open game winning td). The game Thursday was sloppy and ugly play moreso than a great defensive battle imo.

Cam's not healthy. If he was, that game looks a lot different. Defense still played well though.

Dalton has lost 3 OCs in the past three years, 2 too oline men, had his stud TE in and mostly out of the lineup, and lost some good WRs.

Hasn't Tyrod worked with 3 OCs, injured offensive linemen, an injured TE, and lost good WRs? This is a bizarre post. Like you were trying to be sarcastic.

Personally, I don't think it's even close with him and a qb like Dalton. Dalton is asked to do way more than Tyrod. Dalton has lost 3 OCs in the past three years, 2 too oline men, had his stud TE in and mostly out of the lineup, and lost some good WRs.

On the flip side, Tyrod is on his 3rd oc in 3 years, has a terrible right side of the line, no aj green, no good wrs to lose, and Charles clay. That to me is a wash.

I will say Dalton was lights out and looked to have turned the corner before his freak injury. He hasn't looked the same since.

Hasn't Tyrod worked with 3 OCs, injured offensive linemen, an injured TE, and lost good WRs? This is a bizarre post. Like you were trying to be sarcastic.

2 of the Bengals OCs became head coaches. Tyrod has had a top 5 oline and running attack for 2 years.

But sure if you want to pretend Tyrod is on the same level as a guy who passes for 4,000 yards and 30 tds multiple times while going to the playoffs 5 times in 7 years, go head and pretend.

Cam's not healthy. If he was, that game looks a lot different. Defense still played well though.

Cam didn't look good last year either before the injury. I think it was in this post but he has played at almost an identical level as Tyrod. He is way more talented and accomplished way more in this league that Tyrod but since the start of last season they have played at about the same level.

On the flip side, Tyrod is on his 3rd oc in 3 years, has a terrible right side of the line, no aj green, no good wrs to lose, and Charles clay. That to me is a wash.

I will say Dalton was lights out and looked to have turned the corner before his freak injury. He hasn't looked the same since.

Fair points but our right side of oline was not terrible last year.

But Dalton is forced to carry a team more than Tyrod. Tyrod is a game manager. But I do agree Dalton hasn't been the same. He can't carry a team like top qbs can.